• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I'm HERE for Jem talk.

Such an iconic cartoon. Impact still being felt today. ;___;

And some of the songs were actually legit good.

Also, yes, The Misfits were the better group. Not even debatable.

Satch

Banned
I'm HERE for Jem talk.

Such an iconic cartoon. Impact still being felt today. ;___;

And some of the songs were actually legit good.

Also, yes, The Misfits were the better group. Not even debatable.
yaaas Jem's impact! Hannah Montana could never!!

I still listen to a bunch of the songs from that show because, like you said they were legitimately good. That "Click Clash" collab that the Holograms and the Misfits did together... I LIVE. The Misfits elevated Jem's bubblegum happyface pop to NEW HEIGHTS.

#Misfits

royalan

yaaas Jem's impact! Hannah Montana could never!!

I still listen to a bunch of the songs from that show because, like you said they were legitimately good. That "Click Clash" collab that the Holograms and the Misfits did together... I LIVE. The Misfits elevated Jem's bubblegum happyface pop to NEW HEIGHTS.

#Misfits

"Designing Woman" by The Misfits is life giving.

Not to mention that Jem had the most iconic opening in cartoon history.

#GlamourandGlitterBitch

Sai-kun

Banned
katy b, her impact

meh, i don't hear the katy b influence.

yeah, cake was a joke and likely isn't representative of her next album's sound. stache is more like what her next album will sound like.

Bleh. I still think this track is shit. This track was better on its own, and I don't think Gaga's voice lends itself well to the soaring electro-house that Zedd does. Foxes and Ellie are much better choices for that kinda thing. Electro-house influence I'm here for, but I hope it's more Gaga feat. Zedd than Zedd feat. Gaga (if that makes any sense).

I heard your boo was talking lip
I told my crew to smack that trick
Smack that trick, smack that trick
Guess what they did, smack that trick

tumblr_inline_mjb47iPOYg1qz4rgp.gif

Fey

Banned
Really not here for ARTPOP is Stache is any indication.

I'm sure I'll still enjoy ARTPOP if songs on it are like Stache, but I definitely won't be jumping up and down. ;__;

Bleh. I still think this track is shit. This track was better on its own, and I don't think Gaga's voice lends itself well to the soaring electro-house that Zedd does. Foxes and Ellie are much better choices for that kinda thing. Electro-house influence I'm here for, but I hope it's more Gaga feat. Zedd than Zedd feat. Gaga (if that makes any sense).

I think many Gaga fans are scared about this. From one of his interviews, I think, it sounded like he had a lot of control over Gaga in the studio.

Sai-kun

Banned
but it's the best track on there!

SOZT0eo.gif

cory-kun...

Sorry, best track award for On A Mission goes to: Katy On A Mission, Perfect Stranger, and Easy Please Me.

I think many Gaga fans are scared about this. From one of his interviews, I think, it sounded like he had a lot of control over Gaga in the studio.

Can't say I blame them. Not that I don't trust Zedd, because I absolutely do (the fact that he is mindblowingly attractive to me helps, i think), but their styles are so different. I hope they both recognize that and that Zedd tones his sound down a bit.

Satch

Banned
it just really burns me up that, because the show was named after them, Jizz and the Mammograms got top billing over the Misfits

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So browsing around Beyonce's soundcloud, and I stumble across this remix of End of Time, by Isabella 'Machine' Summers who is a member of Florence and the Machine. Completely different from what I usually listen to but its just so beautiful I've had it on repeat for the past half hour

Not that I don't trust Zedd, because I absolutely do (the fact that he is mindblowingly attractive to me helps, i think), but their styles are so different. I hope they both recognize that and that Zedd tones his sound down a bit.
These low standards tbh

mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:883539

Looks like your average community college literature major.

I approve of this Jem discussion, btw. When will your fave ever?

jem.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
So browsing around Beyonce's soundcloud, and I stumble across this remix of End of Time, by Isabella 'Machine' Summers who is a member of Florence and the Machine. Completely different from what I usually listen to but its just so beautiful I've had it on repeat for the past half hour
Thank you for this.

Trigger

This is great. :eek:

I thought IKYWT had one of the most mediocre dubstep-pop meldings thus far, tbh. I mean, it's not quite as jarring and out of place as some of the worst offenders, but I prefer something in the styling of Inside Out. The dubstep is part of the song's DNA, not just the hook, but at the same time it's not annoyingly overpowering.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I thought IKYWT had one of the most mediocre dubstep-pop meldings thus far, tbh. I mean, it's not quite as jarring and out of place as some of the worst offenders, but I prefer something in the styling of Inside Out. The dubstep is part of the song's DNA, not just the hook, but at the same time it's not annoyingly overpowering.

Still seething that Inside Out wasn't a single. One of Britney's best songs imo and would have done a tonne better than Criminal

Sai-kun

Banned
These low standards tbh

mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:883539

Looks like your average community college literature major.

i need to transfer to your local community college, then.

fake edit: marina and the diamonds - lies is gud dubstep. ellie goulding - figure 8 was awesome as well, but so fucking disappointing in live performance. boring as hell.

i wish santigold would get some radio play here, too, because fame is a killer track.

Fey

Banned

Yup. I hate dubstep, but if it must be done in pop songs, I prefer it to be like this. It sounds random and out of place in IKYWT.

Koodo

Banned
Still seething that Inside Out wasn't a single. One of Britney's best songs imo and would have done a tonne better than Criminal
Truly the most revolting single choice in recent memory. The great video didn't lessen the wound.

Femme Fatale was the start and peak of the dubstep fad in pop. It understood the concept of being an integration, rather than a replacement or a cheap hook like the cavalcade of lessers attempted.

Koodo

Banned
By the way, every time Femme Fatale is mentioned I can't help but remember that one time in the lead up to the release when Dr. Luke was hinting at Inside Out by tweeting this Beat Battle.

Inside Out comes at 4:30, but the beat I desperately wanted from this session is the one that starts at 1:15. LORDT, IT STILL SHITS SO HARD.

Matt_

Lord yes!! Remember being slayed then people making a song from just the snippet!

Tbh, listening to this video again I'd quite happily buy an album from billboard, dude has got talent

edit: Just wiki'd him and he produced Kesha's Cannibal and Out Alive, which are my two favourite songs from her.
He also did Robyn - Call your Girlfriend and Ellie Goulding - Hanging on. What kind of flawless production history

Artemisia

Banned
I am fuming.

Matangi is out in less than a month and we don't even have a lead single.
Katy B's album is out in Spring and we don't have a name, release date, or single date.
Most of Charli XCX's album is old songs.
Gaga goes and breaks her hip which obviously set the album back.
Janelle Monae was supposed to release TWO albums last year, and all we got was the damn title.
Beyonce can't seem to use her promo properly and release a single at the peak of her popularity.
AlunaGeorge pushes their album to July.
Azealia is being Azealia and can't manage to get a song on iTunes.
La Roux is going to be at coachella next month and no word about new material from them.

ibsHSgnTpCARiC.gif

Touchdown

Banned
I am fuming.

Katy B's album is out in Spring and we don't have a name, release date, or single date.
Janelle Monae was supposed to release TWO albums last year, and all we got was the damn title.
Beyonce can't seem to use her promo properly and release a single at the peak of her popularity.
La Roux is going to be at coachella next month and no word about new material from them.

ibsHSgnTpCARiC.gif

seriously, haven't had a lull like this in a long time... and still waiting for Mariah's newness, hoping it will indeed drop in May.
tumblr_lxpw4y5Oxn1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

Koodo

Banned
I am fuming.

That being said, how pleasing to the EYES to see an upcoming list of this caliber instead of the perennial rain of struggles in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom