• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

The only way people stan for Legend X is if she doesnt sing through the whole song

ip1FunGIU3QEi.gif

DEAD fcnew kjucewnoibnewvowenfwewrebgvnre

Or how about this definition: an individual who releases music.

In which case the ranking by quality is 1) Taylor 2) Rihanna and 3) Adele.

All it takes for someone to be an artist is to release music?

ibiaNrNrPDwpKj.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I see Bey is touring well. So funny she will quickly take your money for a tour but not put out an actual album. I guess the idea is that if the album is a flop like 4, it may affect tour sales.

effe

Banned
Do y'all listen to good music in here? I'm trying to re-discover Goldfrapp and I'm loving the fuck out of Seventh Tree.

Nemesis_

I see Bey is touring well. So funny she will quickly take your money for a tour but not put out an actual album. I guess the idea is that if the album is a flop like 4, it may affect album sales.

LordT what a perfect business strategy. Are tickets refundable? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

She also cited Florence + the Machine but I never heard either of their sounds on the record.

I'm sure Bey got influence and inspiration from Florence in departments other than her music. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do y'all listen to good music in here? I'm trying to re-discover Goldfrapp and I'm loving the fuck out of Seventh Tree.

Seventh Tree is my least favourite Goldfrapp album, though I absolutely ADORE Clowns. Beautiful track.

I admit I haven't heard Head First yet though - and since I'm so parched for new music I might go buy it. Thank you for reminding me (っ'з')っ

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Strange, I was just about to post here how you where posting in stan lingo in that Kanye thread

pretty brave for a junior
iZEfAPghTtHVM.gif

royalan

Seventh Tree is such a strange Goldfrapp album. I love that she had the balls to make it, but I can't say it's one of my favorites at the end of the day. Although I do love Clowns.

Nemesis_

Seventh Tree is such a strange Goldfrapp album. I love that she had the balls to make it, but I can't say it's one of my favorites at the end of the day. Although I do love Clowns.

yeah I think above everything I'm happy she had the bravado to actually produce it, and that her record label let her to make it too.

I might have to re-listen to it, my tastes were a little bit different back then (I really wasn't here for anything slow when it came out) but now I am thinking it might appeal to me again.

effe

Banned
honestly surprised at the level of your taste, gaf. Clowns, Cologne Cerrone Houdini, and Eat Yourself are my jams. imo, seventh tree=felt mountain > supernature >>>>> head first > black cherry. apparently her next album is out this year, spiritual successor to felt mountain iirc.

and shall we bow to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9WuY-vSYp8?

Kyon

Banned
NawT me messaging effe about ha using lingo in this one thread and me just now seeing ha post in here......

Mau ®

honestly surprised at the level of your taste, gaf. Clowns, Cologne Cerrone Houdini, and Eat Yourself are my jams. imo, seventh tree=felt mountain > supernature >>>>> head first > black cherry. apparently her next album is out this year, spiritual successor to felt mountain iirc.

and shall we bow to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9WuY-vSYp8?

Don't forget Road to Somewhere tho!

A&E, Caravan Girl are also amazing. God that album was everything to me when it came out.

botty

Banned
"It will still come out as a CD and a digital file," Carter said, "but the real experience will be built in the app. This is her spending time with app developers, data scientists . . ." Artists can include videos, whatever experiences they want to provide with the app. "That's going to be the future of album," Carter said.

x

effe

Banned
maybe artflop will finally end this devil's career?

ngl, i sometimes jam to heavy metal lover/government hooker. maybe if she did more songs like that I wouldn't hate her so much. And she needs Steven Klein to do all her promo material. All of it.

THIS DESERVES A SEPARATE POST.

ARTPOP has been confirmed for Summer by Troy Carter.

That is all.

Not convinced it will be good but I am still excited. Glad to see that it hasn't been delayed.

In other news.

1D scores their 3rd (5th if you count features) #1 in the UK with their charity single 'One Way Or Another (Teenage Kicks)', which also happens to be the fastest selling single of the year thus far in the UK. Their 9th top 10 over there (again including features).

If all goes as expected
A lot depends on the youtube video. Its hard to predict what % of its views are from the US
they should score another top 10 in the US when the billboard charts are released on Thursday.

They also kicked of their sold out world tour this week which is expected to be one of the highest grossing tours of the year.

You may now proceed with seething if that is your emotion of choice.

iz4mcbnzhRpV.gif

Nemesis_

maybe artflop will finally end this devil's career?

ngl, i sometimes jam to heavy metal lover/government hooker. maybe if she did more songs like that I wouldn't hate her so much. And she needs Steven Klein to do all her promo material. All of it.

I knew you were trouble

i951OrzskGZtE.gif

I don't think you lied about Steven Klein though

effe

Banned
speaking of 1d, this bitch tried to drag me this morning because I know nothing about them. She asked me if I knew of them, and I naturally said i'm nhft. she accused me of being a special snowflake.

this is the same bitch that told my art history prof when on the subject of knock-offs that "I don't know anything about them. I can afford the real thing." She procedded to flip her hair and jiggle her quilted chanel bag.

she's white

/vent

彼女の ARTPOP は何を意味します。
Her ARTPOP means nothing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What is even going on in this gif?

Its from their music video.

That would be David Cameron the PM. He is in the video a second time as well but I don't have a gif for that one yet I just realized.

(Trying to figure out what is "going on" in any of their music video's is an exercise in futility.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom