• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I would out-yodel Shakira if that happens.

It's definitely a rerelease. There's no reason to wait until 4.4 to release your album news unless it's some marketing ploy, like "4" plus 4 new tracks.

Unless she's going to pull a Rih and release an album while being on tour, which at this point wouldn't surprise me. #RihannasimpacT

Nemesis_

I can just imagine her pointing to Rih and yelling to Jay-Z I WANT TO DO THAT

and then dressing up to take more horrible Tumblr photos

Koodo

Banned
It would be pretty sad if she tries to peddle a repackaged two year old album, even if it's a great album like 4.

DMeisterJ

Banned
himbeyherenowwcylv.gif

She's gonna look just like Tina when she gets old. Poor her.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'm here for anything tbh
I'll buy the rihrelease

Googoosha is both a murderer and consistent contributor to many majors charities worldwide while also establishing five NGOs in her home country of Uzbekistan. She also holds a degree from Harvard University, has a lucrative fashion brand (GULI) and a loyal fanbase on Twitter.

Oh, and she's worked with DJ White Shadow.

When will any of the Pop girls?

These are lies fed to us by the Uzbekistan government. Gagoosha is fabricated puppet whose sole purpose is to divert the worlds attention from her dictator father. I c it.

iKk9mG3D8dVrM.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Your comparison makes Ellie look quite nice

Aguila

#ICONIC
wait, more info on Ellie and her Nike partnership

Or the fact that Ellie Goulding is a super-serious runner. How serious? As the "Lights" singer-songwriter revealed to us back in February, she regularly leads Nike runs and is participating in their women's half marathon in Washington, D.C. later this month. But that's not all: The platinum-selling Brit designed a new sneaker for Nike--the FlyKnit Lunar1+--and in return the brand is releasing an exclusive remix of her most recent album Halcyon.

Tune in April 15 for the exclusive remix album--which should help soundtrack your training runs in the lead-up to the April 28 half marathon.

x

Halcyon remix album coming soon *.*

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm excited Bey is going to release her new song tomorrow,
finally one of the big girls is coming

2013 in Pop can finally begin
ib05hg9pdG0iRj.gif

Bladenic

I'm excited Bey is going to release her new song tomorrow,
finally one of the big girls is coming

2013 in Pop can finally begin
ib05hg9pdG0iRj.gif

Death at that gif. Just watched the trailer. Rihanna will certainly be up for a Razzie again next year, based on the trailer. Her impact.

cory64

j1HMS6o.jpg

She's walking!

omg *.*
I had a dream last night she had her first performance, she could stand up and stuff but there was a fancy ground-level aeronastics swing thing (like something St!nk would use) that should could use to support herself if she needed to & it was incorporated into her dancing.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That Florrie chick also has a new video out.

Live A Little

And so does Iggy, the girl who still only has one good song.

Slo

EEEEEEEEHHHH!!!
NEW FLORRIE!

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Edit: OMFG she is so flawless. Best track I've heard all year from anyone.

Matt_

I'm here for Florrie.

And haters gonna hate, but this "Slo" track is hot. Drunk grinding in the backseat realness...

Slo and that track where she used a Tiesto beat where the best tracks from her last mixtape by a mile.
Video was nice, if not a bit boring

Edit: Florrie is offering a free download of Live a Little on her site

cory64

1. Thrift Shop
2. When I Was Your Man
3. Suit & Tie
4. Harlem Shake
5. Just Give Me A Reason
6. Stay
7. Radioactive
8. Started From The Bottom
9. Feel This Moment
10. The Way

royalan

Slo and that track where she used a Tiesto beat where the best tracks from her last mixtape by a mile.
Video was nice, if not a bit boring

Agreed. *.*

But I'm tired of this mixtape shit, I need ALBUMS. NOW!

Iggy's been more on-target than Azealia, but not by much. Stop playing around and put out your material, girls!

Bladenic

Actually excited for that new Miley track since Diplo was involved.

Also Stay not being available for streaming is so annoying. It could easily reach top 3 if that were the case.

Matt_

Any idea roughly what time Miley/diplo track will be dropped? Or is it just some time today?

royalan

Ginny Blackmore, singer-songwriter responsible for Christina's masterpiece Sing For Me", released her original demo version of the Lotus track on iTunes recently.

Listen, girls.

Yet more vindication for the #Fighters. Sing For Me was one of the more controversial tracks on the album - with many people loving it and many others using it to slam Xtina for "ruining yet another good song with her rampant shouting and straining." Not trying to excuse Xtina's occasionally excessive shouting, but something about Sing for Me always made me feel like Xtina's exuberant wailing in the chorus was appropriate for the song and its message, and now we see why. The original version is even more shout-filled, not to mention auto-tuned to hell and back.

Just goes to show that Xtina has always been held to a #HigherStandard. If any other pop girl had sung this song, their shouting would have been praised as "raw" and "honest". But if Christina sings anything over a C4 she's "shouting too much" and if she hits a run that incorporates more than three notes she's "OMG OVERSINGING EVERYTHING!!!" because that's what the narrative is. She can't win for losing. ;__;

That said, I actually really like this original version. I do prefer the changes Xtina made when she rewrote the lyrics, though. Makes me respect the fact that when Xtina puts in a writing credit for a song that was given to her, it's because she actually made some substantive contributions to the work, unlike SOME people...

Now let me go listen to Lotus for the 4847574839376283948759 time...

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
1. Thrift Shop
2. When I Was Your Man
3. Suit & Tie
4. Harlem Shake
5. Just Give Me A Reason
6. Stay
7. Radioactive
8. Started From The Bottom
9. Feel This Moment
10. The Way