• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

nnnnn I need to go to work and then dinner with friends straight after. I'm going to miss this list and Bey

;_________; These struggles

Nadia Oh's google+/friendster/icq/habbo hotel promo worked! 70% of pervs on habbo hotel liked her music.
i promoted nadia oh so much in plug dj, google +, twitter, facebook. 70% of listeners had good reactions.
i promoted nadia oh so much in plug dj, google +, twitter, facebook. 70% of listeners had good reactions.

Which definition of pop music are we using here?
Popular music or
Wikipedia said:
in the case of such music, the main goal is usually that of being pleasurable to listen to, rather than having much artistic depth.[1] Pop music is generally thought of as a genre which is commercially recorded and desires to have a mass audience appeal.

Servbot24

Banned
Supermaiden, nope, I've only been there once and that was to listen.

Isn't it PopGAF tradition to have a little blurb for each one tho?

I'll do that for the top 20 or so

ibpBjRT97926HD.gif

Caramell - Caramelldansen

Taylor Swift - State of Grace

Justin Timberlake - Lovestoned

Florrie - I Took A Little Something

Rihanna - What's My Name

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Wayne Coyne Confirms New Flaming Lips Album With Ke$ha

Wayne Coyne beamed himself over to Reddit for a quick Ask Me Anything (AMA) session today (April 3). The Flaming Lips frontman revealed that the Oklahoma weirdos are apparently working on a full-length album with Heady Fwend collaborator Ke$ha (it's brilliantly titled Lip$ha); shared his optimistic outlook on the Lips' upcoming downer of an album, The Terror; provided a bit of context for the insanity that is the band's recent "Ashes in the Air" video; and shared the weirdest display of affection he's ever gotten from a fan (it involves oral sex and fire). Find the highlights below:

What was it like working with Ke$ha?
"She is a blast on all levels. She's funny, she's humble. She's badass. She's everything. She's awesome. We're actually already working on an album with her. It's called Lip$ha."

oh

ivFunBzPypX4h.gif

moulels

Red_Alert.gif
GODNEY'S 8 UPDATE
Red_Alert.gif

will.i.am tweeted:

CDsb5FL.png

Basically confirming previous rumors: he is indeed the executive producer of 8.

Although shit.i.am is a flop, it's great that he is actually discussing music and #bonding together with God. Let us remember the mess that happened with Dr. Anakin. I think this time there's a good chance we'll hear her concepT *o*

Also Scream & Shout is my most played song of the season so I'm actually pretty hyped kiiiii #noshame. Stay percheD.

Fey

Banned
GMr4GyO.gif

this list is shitting.

GODNEY'S 8 UPDATE

will.i.am tweeted:

Basically confirming previous rumors: he is indeed the executive producer of 8.

Although shit.i.am is a flop, it's great that he is actually discussing music and #bonding together with God. Let us remember the mess that happened with Dr. Anakin. I think this time there's a good chance we'll hear her concepT *o*

Also Scream & Shout is my most played song of the season so I'm actually pretty hyped kiiiii #noshame. Stay percheD.

blergh. i love S&S as much as you, but given he produced the worst song on FF, i'm very VERY weary.

botty

Banned
39.jpg

We are alone
Just you and me
Up in your room
and our slates are clean
Twin fire signs
four blue eyes

iIgSBC5mdYVG1.gif

Beyonce - Countdown isn't even pop. Mess.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The RED Tour

Omaha Century Link Center Omaha 27,877 / 27,877 $2,243,164 2 shows
St. Louis Scottrade Center 28,582 / 28,582 $2,346,203 2 shows
Charlotte Time Warner Cable Arena 14,686 / 14,686 $1,162,733 1 show
Columbia Colonial Life Arena 12,490 / 12,490 $996,114 1 show

Gross so far: $6, 748, 214

ibpkJsLr8Gl6vM.gif

oops, missed most of tonight's BB. i'll catch it tomorrow :(

also, servbot, this list is fantastic. good job *.*

arte's seething over lana when he stans the most basic hoes... mess. SMDH.

Icicle

itnhsIspIbMHj.gif

The WorldStarHipHop Award for Greatest Dragging
Awarded to the most vicious and shady dragging of either an artist or a user on PopGAF.

You can find a list of the nominees, as well as links to specific posts here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51409074&postcount=7067
The nominations were:

Koodo vs. Xtincta
Kyon vs. Alicia Keys
Koodo vs. Taylor Swift
Phonomezer vs. Icicle - Historical Wars​

This one was quite hard to predict, and as I counted each ballot it became even more so to predict things correctly. In the end though, there was only one winner but it was incredibly close.

iQHtATDaZtiAX.gif

PG-BestDragging.png

I find it interesting that we've had so many draggings come and go throughout the last few years and yet we all remembered this iconic dragging from all the way back in the early, darker days of PopGAF.

Congratulations to Phonomezer and Icicle.

infPlkgbsItnH.gif

itTtrH3BRRkQn.gif

Thanks to all my fanS. It has been an honor dragging most of you gerls, this award is truly a shared victory.

Servbot24

Banned
ibpBjRT97926HD.gif

Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around

It's really the beat that makes this track, or so I sometimes like to think until I listen again and OH YEAH the vox are just as deliciously twisty and really JT and Tim have a perfect thing going - conceptually it would make more sense to give themselves a single moniker as C Lo and Danger Mouse do. Anyways this track grabs you from the opening riff and takes you for a ride.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Pon Pon Pon

Honestly I'm not really into the cutesy k-pop stuff, but this track excels for a specific reason - it exhilarates. The chorus drives with dreamy-eyed determination that absolutely transports. It's a very fun track besides, though that's really just a good thing about it that was built off of to become remarkable.

Cut Copy - Lights and Music

A true romp through the studio, it's a sonic adventure and a conventional, pure pop experience in one. Bright, juicy, danceable, no emotional antics - it's everything you can really want.

Faye - Water Against the Rocks

This one is a little too "overly emotional 20-year-old girl, i'm-so-special because i listen to florence" to me but my girlfriend really likes it
and it landed in the top 25 because it makes me feel like she does :')

Blue - All Rise

I don't know what that sample at the start of this but I won't deny it basically powered this into the top 25 on its own. Well even without it it's basically the best boy band song I think I've heard

Really don't know what the fuck I'm writing for any of these, I suck at blurbs :p

Trigger

Congrats Icicle sis. *.*

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Pon Pon Pon[/URL]

Honestly I'm not really into the cutesy k-pop stuff, but this track excels for a specific reason - it exhilarates. The chorus drives with dreamy-eyed determination that absolutely transports. It's a very fun track besides, though that's really just a good thing about it that was built off of to become remarkable.

6ZR3r.gif

PG-BestDragging.png

I find it interesting that we've had so many draggings come and go throughout the last few years and yet we all remembered this iconic dragging from all the way back in the early, darker days of PopGAF.

Congratulations to Phonomezer and Icicle.

infPlkgbsItnH.gif

tumblr_m70quyH00T1rvfvkjo1_250.gif

oh dear.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Pon Pon Pon[/URL]

I usually don't care for people's lists, but I need to see if there's some Perfume on here.

LOL @ Blue... rofl. Good list tho.

BG6sADMCAAA0tOF.jpg:large

Geraldine is in the studio ;_;

Servbot24

Banned
The list has been pretty damn good so far. It's on its way to being the most solid popgaf list did i lie?

Don't speak too soon, the shocking conclusion is coming! Folks may see themselves to the Exit.

ibpBjRT97926HD.gif

Beyonce - Love on Top

This song goes to place it shouldn't even, and for that I offer it my greatest applause. Can't help but bow when a song is this laid back and ambitious at this same time

Ke$ha - Heart Fall Out

I feel kind of embarrassed for Her Majesty Ke$hus that people will ever think of her as the girl who brushes her teeth with rum. Her unreleased tracks are extensive and they slay. Ke$ha is proof that pop music can have EDGE, TEETH, IMPORTANCE. May she find mercy on my soul for this mere top 20 placement.

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Personally I kind of consider this to be the ultimate dance floor pop anthem of the 21st century - it's basically everything Lady Gaga can ever be unless she gives us a left turn. I don't want to place too much faith in ARTPOP, but deep down I can't help myself.

Nadia Oh - No Bueno

Bless you Queen Nadia. Rare are unabashed pop epics such as these, and rarely do the heavens bless us with such genuine unfiltered dead-eyed pop as Nadia tosses about as though it were nothing.
SmileyBow.gif

Shiny Toy Guns - Don't Cry Out

I realize I'm pushing the definition of pop I've established with this one, but I can't help myself, and I needed to represent my high school Era. Axe the guitars, throw in extra synths, and you'd have an impossibly infectious pop hook that would make Goddesses envious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom