• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
servbot, your nadia oh agenda is disconcerting to say the least...

shiny toy guns are fire though. "you are the one" was my jam for the longest time.

Artemisia

Banned

wait

iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

moulels

You are beautiful.

I revisited JPN last week and it is one of my favourite pop albums ever. MY GOD.

When will our Western faves?

Edit: Speaking of exemplary taste, is Kyon permed?

Laaaawd JPN is godly I CANNOT. Laser Beam will remain forever my fave (after edge-sus of course)

I hope the good sis Kyon isn't permed ;___;

SIS I've been crying all week what kind of unexpected single? 5th album is near ;__;

SaintZ

yas, project runway gif. slaaayyyyy. this season is ass though. i havent even seen last week's episode and i have no intention to.
I didn't mind this season in the beginning and I actually liked the team dynamic, the only bad thing is that the level of talent is really low. I haven't seen last week's episode either but Patricia needs to GO. Layana is a bitch, Daniel is delusional, Richard is cray and Michelle thinks she's hot shit. I guess I'll root for Stanley.

Servbot24

Banned
servbot, your nadia oh agenda is disconcerting to say the least...

This campaign is dictated by FACTS.

ibpBjRT97926HD.gif

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

Don't even have to say anything about this one cuz Gwen got it covered in the lyrics but I will anyways - this is like some brilliant evil mad scientist concoction that's ominous and vicious and fucked up and sang by sexy cheerleaders. Bloody brilliant and it is indeed my shit.

Girls Aloud - Call the Shots

This is damn near the PERFECT POP SONG. Like really how could it be any better? Why isn't it #1? Well cuz it's a little polite / standard, and you gotta be daring to crack the top 10. But I don't hold that against the girls, they are quite easily the premiere pop group of the 00s.

Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA

This might be the catchiest song of all time? It's nuts. Like - I can barely comprehend how catchy this song is. This is the song that makes tough guys nervous when it comes on the radio because they don't want to betray that in their heart they're gleefully singing along with Hannah Montana.

Ke$ha - Sleazy

This song is absolutely BITCHIN and I don't know what else to say about it. Praise Ke$hus and her boundless generosity.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Tiny Little Bows

This song is basically an AMV, it's a shimmering beam of light, skipping over the surface of the open ticklish waves - bliss, ecstasy, etc. As if it wasn't heavenly enough on it's own, the Sam Cooke sample elevates to an unfair degree. Absolutely, mind-bogglingly perfect.

Servbot24

Banned
I feel like we're all well aware that Beyonce is a strong woman at this point.

Sing about something else, girl.

Art, should I feel bad that my first thought was that those smilies are illustrating a penis?

Servbot24

Banned
ibpBjRT97926HD.gif

Lana del Rey - Yayo

This song alone warrants the Lana hype - mournful and sensual, this is instant world-worry cynicism whose beauty makes it far too easy to indulge in. Hop on my black motorcycle, Lana, and we'll get out of here.

Robyn - Dancing on My Own

This one is an instant classic. It's one for singing in the rain and feeling sorry for yourself until someone strolls up to you and takes your hand - it's the soundtrack of destiny.

fun. - Barlights

Ugh, this band. Aim & Ignite was SO GOOD, and no one cared. And then Some Nights was SO BAD, and it won all kinds of awards. Come on, world, shape up. Anyways this song is amazing. I sometimes fantasize about getting really far on American Idol, singing this one and having the audience on their feet clapping and singing along. I'd get different sections of the audience to sing different harmonies. It would be great and I would win for sure.

Daft Punk - Digital Love

I'm not really a Daft Punk guy but this is undeniable. I don't remember the lyrics but I'm hoping it's about computers falling in love or something. It's like we're floating out in space and all these neon-lit hearts are swirling around us and trippy stuff like that.

Kanye West - Street Lights

I feel like Kanye is accidentally brilliant, like he just throws shit against the wall and sometimes it turns out amazing but he probably has hundreds of shitty tracks laying around. This one is different. This one is precise. Like he knew exactly what he wanted to say, and he says just that. Maybe the most poignant song on this entire list.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So I woke up mid Servbot's list and the amount of tabs I have open rn

ed2305b7.png

Currently in a new era of computer struggles

Happy for the new music recommendations though

Edit: Nadia Oh and Carrammell were... interesting choices

Edit2: Aly and AJ! Good grief the nostalgia. According to wiki they have new stuff out this year

Koodo

Banned
ch Bad Romance should be higher. I was hoping some Confessions would make it into the list, but it doesn't look like it.
Truly ~PREPOSTEROUS~ if the Holy Trinity of Hung Up, Get Together and Sorry are paid complete dust.

Bow to Madonna's peak. Ik ben droevig.

Your meltdown was so severe that you didn't notice this was already posted?

iiCe7zWmWDdAr.gif

It's too early in the morning for me to scroll up, lol. Though I would have pegged either DMJ or Royalan to post it first since they talk about Beyonce more than anyone here. <3

Now let me watch this for the 193203th time. Come ooooon iTunes release. Gimme gimme.

DMeisterJ

Banned
It's too early in the morning for me to scroll up, lol. Though I would have pegged either DMJ or Royalan to post it first since they talk about Beyonce more than anyone here. <3

Now let me watch this for the 193203th time. Come ooooon iTunes release. Gimme gimme.

ivCAzDFPdKlbq.gif

Koodo

Banned
Beyoncé's Timbaland-produced first single "Grown Woman" will be released Monday on iTunes.

ET. BEYONCÉ. NOW.
Pepsi Unveils Visionary New Global Campaign that &#8216;Shatters&#8217; Illusion and
Features New Beyoncé Song &#8220;Grown Woman&#8221;

Creative Collaboration Will Entertain Billions and Appear in More Than 70 Countries Worldwide Starting April 4th

[White Plains, NY 2013] - Beyoncé and Pepsi take the ultimate trip down memory lane, only to realize the excitement of the moment is NOW in a new global advertising campaign unveiled today. The creative collaboration, mutually developed by Beyoncé and Pepsi as part of the previously announced global partnership, will debut at 9:00am EDT/2:00pm GMT in a special digital premiere on www.youtube.com/pepsi, followed by airings in more than 70 countries worldwide beginning on April 4th. The spot, which will be seen by more than a billion people, also features &#8220;Grown Woman,&#8221; an infectious new track from Beyoncé.

The global partnership is the next iteration of Pepsi&#8217;s &#8220;Live for Now&#8221; brand spirit, which encourages fans to embrace the NOW and be at the epicenter of, and helping to define, pop culture &#8211; a mindset shared by both Beyoncé and Pepsi. It is also the current cornerstone of Pepsi&#8217;s breakthrough, global music strategy which supports emerging, rising and iconic stars alike by providing them with truly global reach, promotional support and innovative resources, such as &#8220;The Pepsi Opening Act&#8221; platform, and offers fans extraordinary, unforgettable music and experiences.

The spot entitled &#8220;Mirrors&#8221;, one of the first creative collaboration elements of the partnership, sees Beyoncé&#8217;s most iconic personalities from her past &#8211; including &#8220;Bootylicious&#8221; Beyoncé, &#8220;Sasha Fierce&#8221; and &#8220;Crazy in Love&#8221; Beyoncé &#8211; go head-to-head in a dance-off in a mirrored studio. As it progresses, Beyoncé recreates her most memorable moves before being inspired to create a fresh, never-before-seen routine. &#8220;Mirrors&#8221; chronicles Beyoncé&#8217;s realization that all these experiences and personas helped her become who she is NOW, much like the story of a &#8220;Grown Woman&#8221; &#8211; the perfect visual embodiment of the &#8220;Live For Now&#8221; brand ethos. &#8220;I had so much fun collaborating on this campaign with Pepsi. I got to re-live some of my favourite past characters and looks. It was the first time I saw those costumes in years and it was very emotional,&#8221; says Beyoncé. &#8220;I&#8217;m proud of those moments and they all connect in some way and have helped me evolve into who I am today.&#8221;

Beyoncé and Pepsi enjoy a long-standing relationship that goes back more than a decade and includes groundbreaking, international campaigns in which she starred alongside Jennifer Lopez, David Beckham, P!nk and Britney Spears. Beyoncé was intimately involved in every aspect of the creative development of this campaign - from the storyline to the overall styling and selection of which &#8216;Beyoncé&#8217;s&#8217; best bring to life the journey she has been on, to become who she is NOW. &#8220;There isn&#8217;t an artist that embodies what it means to "Live for Now" more than Beyoncé. She is a true trendsetter and is at the epicenter of pop culture today, and we couldn&#8217;t have asked for a better creative partner to bring our shared visions to life. While this advertising is the first phase of our wide-ranging collaboration, we are also co-developing ways to engage fans around the upcoming &#8220;The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour,&#8221; and incubating a lot of other cool creative content together to entertain our fans, create indelible moments and continue to shape pop culture,&#8221; said Brad Jakeman, President, Pepsi Global Beverages Group. &#8220;Mirrors&#8221; was shot in New Jersey (USA), directed by Jake Nava who has collaborated with Beyoncé on numerous projects including the indelible &#8220;Crazy in Love&#8221; video and filmed by Oscar award-winning cameraman Claudio Miranda.
Source

himbeypepsi45k8n.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bey would be the bitch to announce an announcement of the future release of a single.

And it mentions nothing of a new album.

Only Beyonce

ivCAzDFPdKlbq.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Disappointing that the advert didn't have an extended version with the full song, but monday isn't too far away i guess...

Jamming to that beat rn

Is this timbalanad's come back year? Working with both Bey and Justin, must be making bank

Trigger

I'm not sure why Bey and her people chose to wait so long to reveal the single. Maybe it has to do with Pepsi's involvement in the whole affair.

I loved that commercial, this is how you make iconic shit

himbeypepsi45k8n.gif

This shot in the gif is very gorgeous to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom