• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bey was ever in the Trinity she certainly isn't after 4. Hits are a prerequisite to be considered.

Whether she is even capable of making hits anymore is yet to be seen.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm not fake stanning, I have always put Beyonce on a pedestal and part of the trinity
even though I dont like her music I still know she is a force and delivers iconic moments

himbeypepsi45k8n.gif

I... C

Well, yes she is part of the trinity with Rihanna and Gaga.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I... C

Well, yes she is part of the trinity with [bRihanna[/b] and Gaga.

Not likely.

I just watched the ne Great Gatsby trailer, and can I here Beyonce singing Back to Black?

Edit: I can't read apparently. Says in the title of the video new music with beyonce and lana del rey

Edit 2: Can't read x 2, just seen the track list. Good grief it will be outstanding

Trigger

Shiiiiiieeeeeet. Sia, Lana, Bey, Jack White, The xx, and Emile Sande? Not to mention Florence? That soundtrack looks hot.

I... C

Well, yes she is part of the trinity with Rihanna and Gaga.

What kind of Tragic Trinity. I suppose 1 out of 3 isn't bad.

As for the commercial, it's okay. "Grown Woman" sounds like more of the self-indulgent tripe we've come to expect to Beyonce feat. Her Tits.

I've noted that she doesn't seem to pay for that Pepsi. Lends credence to past allegations of habitual thievery.

Nemesis_

.....we waited this long for THIS?!@1

I can't wait until the internet figures out where she found 'inspiration' for the song or dance from.

That "iconic moment" is awfully reminiscent of the Umbrella clip too. Poor her.

RihannaUmbrella.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
For better or for worse I can't see a single good argument as to how Bey is in the Trinity over Katy at this point.

this laughable, the number of hits doesn't represent your legacy, the way people look at you does
Beyonce is respected in the industry and seen as a strong fierce black woman who has created a multi-million dollar business with her brand and music
while Katy is still a basic bitch that will never amount to leaving a memorable performance or any songs that people will pay to see live, she is radio fodder and Dr. Luke's puppet

himbeypepsi45k8n.gif

PowderedToast

that pepsi ad also sorta drives home how bland her era's have been visually

the only one that stands out as 'iconic' is single ladies. like what is the main beyonce even wearing in it? i already forgot. she should be pushing her new album image NOW

this laughable, the number of hits doesn't represent your legacy, the way people look at you does
Beyonce is respected in the industry and seen as a strong fierce black woman who has created a multi-million dollar business with her brand and music
while Katy is still a basic bitch that will never amount to leaving a memorable performance or any songs that people will pay to see live, she is radio fodder and Dr. Luke's puppet

himbeypepsi45k8n.gif

The Trinity isn't based on Legacy. That is absurd.

If so I guess it is still some combination of Mariah/Madonna/Whitney/Britney/etc.

It is about who is reigning over music NOW, and Bey is NOT doing that by any stretch of the imagination. Katy's music may or may not suck, but that doesn't negate how huge she is.

Nemesis_

The Gatsby trailer was more interesting tbh. *.*

Though Bey's delivery on Back To Black sounds flat, but maybe it's remedied in a proper full studio cut.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Katy Perry being huge.....

Have we forgotten all the discounts and remixes she had to do in order to get all her numbers one
How she released all those singles over the span of 2 years and the album barely even touched LOUD sales
How her tour gross is disposable
How nobody went to go see her movie
How the only awards she can receive are Kid's Choice Awards

while Beyonce is about to embark on a $100+ million dollar tour with a widely promoted single thanks to Pepsi coming off the Super Bowl and a record breaking documentary

if that doesn't show you the difference of who is reigning in the music industry right NOW, then...

himbeypepsi45k8n.gif

Bladenic

OMFG THAT TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG THAT SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!

(except for a few tracks, fucking will.i.am)

OMFG THE LANA AND FLORENCE SNIPPETS IN THE TRAILER

This movie better slay.

Katy Perry being huge.....

Have we forgotten all the discounts and remixes she had to do in order to get all her numbers one
How she released all those singles over the span of 2 years and the album barely even touched LOUD sales
How her tour gross is disposable
How nobody went to go see her movie
How the only awards she can receive are Kid's Choice Awards

while Beyonce is about to embark on a $100+ million dollar tour with a widely promoted single thanks to Pepsi coming off the Super Bowl and a record breaking documentary

if that doesn't show you the difference of who is reigning in the music industry right NOW, then...

1. Give me a break. This is RICH coming from a Gaga stan. There is NO evidence that remix's significantly boost sales. Not to mention that she got plenty of #1's without discounts.
2. It is true that Katy has never been a big album seller. Still, she sold over 5.5 million copies while Bey's last only moved 3. You compare it to LOUD.... why not Rated R or TTT? It outsold both.
3. It is true her tour grosses are not as high as some, but as I already pointed out if we are going off tour grosses wouldn't Madge be in over Bey anyways?
4. At least she had a movie, AND it was the 4th highest grossing of all time. How are you spinning that as a negative?
5. If we are basing it on Awards wouldn't that put Adele in over Bey (at least lately)?
6. Record breaking documentary my ass. It has already been well established that it doesn't even qualify as a documentary. It was an advertisement that blew up due to the fact that she had so much bad press after lip syncing at the inauguration/her superbowl performance.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The Gatsby trailer was more interesting tbh. *.*

Though Bey's delivery on Back To Black sounds flat, but maybe it's remedied in a proper full studio cut.

I actually quite liked it, but I definitely see it being changed for the actual sound track. Fits the trailer well though

edit: Who is even in the trinity? Always thought it was Madonna, Gaga and Britney

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've seen the pepsi commercial around 12 times. The beat its giving me life.

I want the Lana and Florence song from The Great Gatsby so bad too. Bey was good but could have done more.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
1. Give me a break. This is RICH coming from a Gaga stan. There is NO evidence that remix's significantly boost sales. Not to mention that she got plenty of #1's without discounts.
2. It is true that Katy has never been a big album seller. Still, she sold over 5.5 million copies while Bey's last only moved 3. You compare it to LOUD.... why not Rated R or TTT? It outsold both.
3. It is true her tour grosses are not as high as some, but as I already pointed out if we are going off tour grosses wouldn't Madge be in over Bey anyways?
4. At least she had a movie, AND it was the 4th highest grossing of all time. How are you spinning that as a negative?
5. If we are basing it on Awards wouldn't that put Adele in over Bey (at least lately)?
6. Record breaking documentary my ass. It has already been well established that it doesn't even qualify as a documentary. It was an advertisement that blew up due to the fact that she had so much bad press after lip syncing at the inauguration.

1. Yes there is, and is it just a coincidence those singles reach number #1 when the discounts and remixes where release.
2. She released 7 singles and promoted each one as if they where lead singles while Bey didnt due to her pregnancy and didnt released radio bubblegum fodder but songs that only where played on urban stations
3. Madge is a nostalgic act, her tours always do well no matter how bad the album is. No other girl can do that right now especially not Katy Perry. It is why she is a legend but no longer dominating the music industry or pop culture, while Beyonce continues to stay on people's mind and being checked on
4. 4th highest grossing movie when there are very few of them and her competition is Hannah Montana, Bieber and the Jonas Brothers while using 3D to boost her gross. That only puts her in a kiddy demographic, not be taken seriously (the movie even shows this)
5. Adele doesnt have as many awards as Beyonce and Beyonce keeps getting some even with her flop album while Katy keeps getting some blimp and green slime
6. This is just silly

fact is Katy Perry is not a force nor a threat to anyone's status because her
last 2 eras have failed to deliver anything remarkable aside from #1 hits, while
Beyonce continues to build her legacy with each album along side critical acclaim
Katy Perry knows this as she has multiple times has Bow Down to the head bitches
she knows her place you should know it to, dismiss yourself
tumblr_mkqh6iJu1C1rnoovgo1_400.gif

1. Yes there is, and is it just a coincidence those singles reach number #1 when the discounts and remixes where release.
2. She released 7 singles and promoted each one as if they where lead singles while Bey didnt due to her pregnancy and didnt released radio bubblegum fodder but songs that only where played on urban stations
3. Madge is a nostalgic act, her tours always do well no matter how bad the album is. No other girl can do that right now especially not Katy Perry. It is why she is a legend but no longer dominating the music industry or pop culture, while Beyonce continues to stay on people's mind and being checked on
4. 4th highest grossing movie when there are very few of them and her competition is Hannah Montana, Bieber and the Jonas Brothers while using 3D to boost her gross. That only puts her in a kiddy demographic, not be taken seriously (the movie even shows this)
5. Adele doesnt have as many awards as Beyonce and Beyonce keeps getting some even with her flop album while Katy keeps getting some blimp and green slime
6. This is just silly

fact is Katy Perry is not a force nor a threat to anyone's status because her
last 2 eras have failed to deliver anything remarkable aside from #1 hits, while
Beyonce continues to build her legacy with each album along side critical acclaim
Katy Perry knows this as she has multiple times has Bow Down to the head bitches
she knows her place you should know it to, dismiss yourself
tumblr_mkqh6iJu1C1rnoovgo1_400.gif

1. All those singles reached #1 on radio and unless you provide evidence showing sales bumps due to remix releases you are just making shit up. They ALL also went #1 on radio.... no amount of remixs or discounts accounts for that.
2. What does that even mean? So if you do promotion for singles now you are cheating? No wonder you think Bey is a part of the Trinity.
3. Beyonce isn't a Nostalgic act? She definitely isn't selling tickets off of 4.
4. Doesn't change the fact that you are pulling the criticism out of your ass. When one of the other major girls releases a video by which we can compare grosses you can bring it up again. Until then you can SIT with your fake metrics.
5. Some artists are awards bait. Some are not. This has little to no impact on the Trinity. The GP couldn't care less about how many Grammies an artist has. See: Beiber, Miley, One Direction.
6. Yes it is silly that you bring up a ridiculous infomercial and try to use it as proof of relevancy.

"2 eras have failed to deliver anything remarkable aside from #1 hits"

What kind of double standard. It must really grate at you that Katy is such as success. 8 #1's and 12 top 3's and the best you can come up with is that?

Just admit you don't like her music and are completely committed to ignoring her achievements as a result. At least then you would look much less foolish.

You are just lashing out in advance for when Katy clocks ARTPOP later this year.

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

marius, god bless your soul :weeps:

beyonce slayed, but what is this announcement of an announcement shit. the mirrors promo was life. i saw love on top bey in there <3

gatsby trailer slayed. but hew could doubted it. here for the soundtrack. will be perfect.

I thought Marius stanned Katy
OV3qO.gif
What happened?

He stans whatever is convenient at the moment. Bless his heart.

No doubt after Gaga's flop BTW era he is worried about her losing her place in the Trinity. If Bey is disposed of so easily.... why not Gaga? Thus he is forced into defending Bey to serve the interests of his other fav.

iLgC9jrEoEh3a.gif

waffles, this is some royalancé delusion right now. but at least we know he's just lashing out.

51rlTSv.png

Stop. I actually like Bey (unlike Marius). I am here for 5 if it is actually good.

However, there is no disputing that until she starts scoring mainstream hits again she is not a part of the Trinity.

Trigger

The Trinity seems so vague. I thought Brit and Madge plus Bey were the Trinity? I don't understand my fellow stans sometimes.

Beyoncé is in more danger of falling out of the trinity than Gaga.

That is the point I think. If hits are a requirement for being in the Trinity then both are in danger (Bey obviously more since Gaga at least had BTW). So Marius must defend Bey to protect Gaga.

Honestly. If neither Gaga or Bey achieves a major hit this year neither deserves to be in the Trinity.

The Trinity seems so vague. I thought Brit and Madge plus Bey were the Trinity? I don't understand my fellow stans sometimes.

Well there is THE Trinity..... then the current Trinity. Separate concepts.

You seem to have created some unholy combination of the two.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
1. All those singles reached #1 on radio and unless you provide evidence showing sales bumps due to remix releases you are just making shit up. They ALL also went #1 on radio.... no amount of remixs or discounts accounts for that.
2. What does that even mean? So if you do promotion for singles now you are cheating? No wonder you think Bey is a part of the Trinity.
3. Beyonce isn't a Nostalgic act? She definitely isn't selling tickets off of 4.
4. Doesn't change the fact that you are pulling the criticism out of your ass. When one of the other major girls releases a video by which we can compare grosses you can bring it up again. Until then you can SIT with your fake metrics.
5. Some artists are awards bait. Some are not. This has little to no impact on the Trinity. The GP couldn't care less about how many Grammies an artist has. See: Beiber, Miley, One Direction.
6. Yes it is silly that you bring up a ridiculous infomercial and try to use it as proof of relevancy.

"2 eras have failed to deliver anything remarkable aside from #1 hits"

What kind of double standard. It must really grate at you that Katy is such as success. 8 #1's and 12 top 3's and the best you can come up with is that?

Just admit you don't like her music and are completely committed to ignoring her achievements as a result. At least then you would look much less foolish.

You are just lashing out in advance for when Katy clocks ARTPOP later this year.

ibfwkOGsi8CiyX.gif

oh lord

Capitol last week released a remix of "Friday" featuring Missy Elliott. The remix accounted for 25% of the song's overall digital sales in the Aug. 8-14 sales tracking week; it was discounted to 69 cents at the iTunes and Amazon mp3 stores in that span.
the remixes and discounts kept giving the songs a push even ET had a remix from the getgo

2. It means that she promoted heavily and her album only sold around the same amount what other girls do in a span of a year.
3. Beyonce isn't a nostalgic act, she selling because of the hype of her next album, Super Bowl performance and the fact that she is just great at doing what she does. People will always go see you for your past songs but unlike Madonna they will also be there for her new material. Something people dont even do for Katy
3. You are right on this since they dont have any movies, but the fact of how the movie displays Katy Perry shows more than enough why she is a joke
5. The GP doesnt care about Bieber, 1D. They are only being sustained by the teenage demographic and gays it is why they wont be grammy winners anytime soon or ever, they are disposable, Katy Perry is just one level above them since she able to reach the college level demo
6. It had good ratings, how is that not a metric for relevancy

and if Katy outdoes Gaga it wont change a thing
she will still be bowing down and performing Gaga's songs on her tour
tumblr_lvihfx8or41r5v8m0o1_400.jpg

Bow Down Bitches
himbeypepsi45k8n.gif

Matt_

Flop BTW era?
Katy surpassing ARTPOP?

What is this nonsense.

iXrQiJJxrbXI5.gif

Nemesis_

The delusion of the white washed.

Tragic.

igsInxTCqnYTT.gif

Why would you omit Gaga from this? If Madonna is still in this said TRINITY with output like MDNA then I cannot even begin to think what you think of Gaga :biblio:

Bey is in Soulscribe's trinity and that's iT

Beyoncé IS absolutely one of the top performers in the industry. Over a decade of immense mainstream cultural recognition, heaps of accolades and awards, a major force for promotion, not to mention phenomenal album and tour sales. Sometimes artists reach a point where it's not all about 69c bubblegum singles. Objectively, 4 is 1000x better than anything Katy Perry has shat out and even if it didn't do the same sales as Teenage Scream, it will absolutely be remembered long after Katy disappears from the industry.

You're weird insistence that radio and billboard is the one determining factor for whether a musician is big or whatever is just crazy. Katy Perry is just the white Rihanna, nobody cares until she puts out a song and nobody cares after they hear it a hundred times.

51rlTSv.png

Flop BTW era?
Katy surpassing ARTPOP?

What is this nonsense.

By what metric was BTW not a disappointment?

It was down in every metric from the album before. Not a "flop" per-se, but definitely not a success.

....and it is very easy to see that Katy could have more success in this coming era than Gaga. It wouldn't exactly be unprecedented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom