• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Oop @ Prince Jackson SNATCHING the spotlight from Janet.

Prince spotted on a date with the Princess of Kuwait

0404-prince-jackson-date-launch-3.jpg

Marrying a billionaire is cute, Janet, but Prince is about to get that ROYAL jelly.

joanneshipstranetsearch.gif

royalan

You are the prince of charm
Seduction is your art
You'll never play my love
You're just my king of hearts

UGH!! Such an unlikely B O P.
I NEED your new mix tape CASSIE!!!!!!!!! ;___;

I added all 6 remaining Friendster users to my Nadia Oh fanclub.

PS. Satch, I'm watching the Wonder Woman movie and she's such a ballbusting HBIC. I live.

EDIT: Also, I agree about King of Hearts. Top 5 songs of 2012 for me!

Styles

And I know it's long gone, and there was nothing else I could do

tumblr_mknrsf9BbL1qfoj4do1_400.gif

And I forget about you long enough to forget why I needed to...

Cause their we are again in the middle of the night

We're dancing round the kitchen in the refrigerator light

Down the stairs, I was there, I remember it all too well

Trigger

Stefan™;52876191 said:
And I know it's long gone, and there was nothing else I could do

And I forget about you long enough to forget why I needed to...

Cause their we are again in the middle of the night

We're dancing round the kitchen in the refrigerator light

Down the stairs, I was there, I remember it all too well

I was listening to this last night. Those lyrics and that melody. Only Taylord.
Xs8eiNf.gif

Nemesis_

Kelly Rowland is having a few big names on her upcoming album, ‘Talk a Good Game.’ Names you may recognize. Names she’s worked with before. Names like Beyonce and Michelle Williams!

But! Rowland is quick to clarify that it’s not going to be another ‘Nuclear.’ Why not? “It’s not a Destiny’s Child track, it’s me featuring Beyoncé and Michelle,” Rowland explained to Billboard. When asked about the song’s sound, she answered simply: “Soul!”

Rowland is also collaborating with Wiz Khalifa, Pharrell Williams (who both produces and provides vocals on a duet), The-Dream, Boy Wonder and T-Minus.

“I think I recorded around 70-something songs for this album,” Rowland gushed. “I had to narrow it down to 12 – you know hard that is!” she says. “Especially when you’re in love, like your heart pumps for 35 of them. I kept going back and forth with my A&R and my manager, we’ve all been on this incredible journey together, and they’re just like ‘Save it for the next album!’ Because you just get so passionate and excited about these songs, you lived with them, you birthed them along with the producers. You become so attached.”

The ‘Kisses Down Low’ singer says that ‘Talk a Good Game’ “feels like everything I wanted to make as far as music and R&B. I wanted to make sure my roots were really pronounced on this album … I decided to speak on what I was doing in my life. There’s so much talking and people gonna be like ‘Is she really talking about this on the album?’ Even down to things on ‘Kisses Down Low.’ People are like, ‘you’re talking a good game right now.’ I thought it would be really cool to name the album after those reactions.”

SAUCE

I don't know how to feel about this.

iQLvMSZIEroU5.gif

Majmun

How can these girls record so many songs? Bey also records 7684922 songs before she narrows it down to 10-20 tracks.

What do they do with the rest of the songs? Do they use it for their next album, or just sell them to other artist? ( or give them back to the artists LOL)

Bladenic

How can these girls record so many songs? Bey also records 7684922 songs before she narrows it down to 10-20 tracks.

What do they do with the rest of the songs? Do they use it for their next album, or just sell them to other artist? ( or give them back to the artists LOL)

Most probably are just stored somewhere never to see the light of day.

Nemesis_

I wonder this too, but thinking about it logically it kind of makes sense.

I mean this is their job - who knows if they record a few demos here and there when they get ideas and then scrap them when the final album is coming together. I mean, if I was a singer I would write a song and record it just to see how it sounds or something, and then decide to keep it or scrap it. Or maybe the label pitches in and forces them to remove it or something.

In Kelly's example, Here I Am came out about two years ago so consider the fact that since then she might've been writing and recording material. I guess it's not that hard to believe she might've recorded that many songs.

The songs get put into a vault of sorts, if I remember right, and I guess they are there if the artist ever wants to use them or if not they stay in obscurity. I guess a lot of these tracks would also be put out should something happen to the artist (ie. Amy Winehouse's latest album release posthumously).

Bloody Mary IF I remember correctly was a track intended for the Fame Monster that was eventually cut and retooled for Born This Way - so that kind of stuff could happen too. Oh and there was some unreleased song that was retooled into Fashion of his Love too.

Gaga also claims to have recorded about 100 songs for ARTPOP, which I don't believe.

Other artists who take longer to release albums (the most recent one coming to mind in my head is Enya) record hundreds of songs and she even records the same song in a different language to see how it sounds O_O. I remember an interview with her only recently where she claimed that one of her recent songs had over 500 layers to it as well ;_;

Majmun

@ Nem

Holy crap at the Enya stuff. She sounds like a crazy perfectionist.

But yeah, a lot of artists seem to record 30+ tracks before their album is finalized and narrowed down to 10-20 tracks. Some artist still manage to pollute their albums with filler crap, though. Even after the selection lol.

I'd love to hear all of the Bey and Gaga scraps. I imagine there's a lot of unreleased good stuff out there *.*

Nemesis_

@ Nem

Holy crap at the Enya stuff. She sounds like a crazy perfectionist.

She's a very weird but interesting woman. She just says she takes her time when she makes her music and it's not necessarily her wanting it to be perfect it's just the way she works - she doesn't like to do things quickly I suppose.

Apparently it was one of the only clauses she had in her recording contract back in the 80s. I guess since she sold millions of albums since then can take as much time as she wants lol.

I don't know why but I find her so fascinating *.*

I'd love to hear all of the Bey and Gaga scraps. I imagine there's a lot of unreleased good stuff out there *.*

Are there many Beyonce unreleased tracks online? There's at least twenty or so Gaga ones. Most of them are quite average but others are quite good. Here's some I remember off by heart. It's obvious why some of them weren't released lol.

Out of Control
Reloaded
Changing Skies
Honest Eyes <--- One of my favourites and that's saying something since I'm not much of a downtempo person.
Earthquake
No Way
Filthy Pop
Let Love Down
Reel Cool
Nothin On (But The Radio)

And she played Glitter & Grease at The Monster Ball but it was never released officially. This link isn't the official proper audio but you get the idea ;P

Oh, and Sometimes eventually was moved around and became Eh Eh.

Most of them seem like they were recorded around The Fame era. I don't really see any of them returning tbh, but who knows. Maybe she'll do it one day. Lana did it with Yayo most recently.

Nemesis_

Yeah, I've heard most of those Gaga tracks before. Reloaded is one of my favorite Gaga tracks btw *.*

Bey also has quite a few unreleased/leaked songs out there. Most of them sound pretty basic and unfinished tho, lol

But I like these:

Black Culture

Venus Vs. Mars feat Jay-Z

Settle 4 U

Roc

I'm Alone Now

They are all pretty messy :p

The beat on Venus vs. Mars is exquisite though. I'm surprised we haven't seen that in some form on one of her albums. I was bopping. The lyrics were a bit :biblio: though

SaintZ

Will Avril gain relevance again in the US? (Japan loves her a lot lol)
We'll see. So far, Epic has been promoting this better than RCA did with What The Hell/GL. They are doing a VEVO Certified thing with Avril soon too and the single premiering with the lyric video... I got a good feeling about this. *.*

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
We'll see. So far, Epic has been promoting this better than RCA did with What The Hell/GL. They are doing a VEVO Certified thing with Avril soon too and the single premiering with the lyric video... I got a good feeling about this. *.*

Hope she does better and this album its more like the first and second than the rest of the albums that came after those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom