• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

Kimsus still has this cunt bothered after all these years. Queen.

ibqUWhvdQ2uUms.gif

SaintZ

YASSSSS Ray J clock that cat faced woman!

ibj3klwYqHS0Cl.gif

BTW, Is anybody watching Evil Dead tonight? I'm going in a few hours and I'm so excited O.O

Fey

Banned
why don't you just post the whole thing
everyone can see it, i can post it for you

edit: o you're gonna make it all flashy

Icicle

Wait. This isn't true is it?

Don't care about what religion she converts to, but I feel like Janet still has a few albums left in ha. ;___;

I have major doubts that everything the headline was claiming is true, but I do wonder if there's some truth in it.

Regarding the converting to Islam bit, I'm a bit skeptical. This outfit definitely would not go over well in the Muslim world.

zwdQRIe.jpg

It was taken after they were married (but before the public knew about it), although I suppose it's possible she could be converting now and no longer wearing outfits like these. That said, Muslim men are only allowed to marry Christian or Jewish women when marrying outside Islam. The Jackson kids were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses, but Janet was never actually baptized. I believe this would mean that the marriage goes against the marriage laws of Islam. Also, seeing as how they are already married, I'm not sure what converting now would accomplish.

(Those who are knowledgeable about Islam, please correct me if I'm wrong)

--------------

As far as the article's claim that she is quitting show business, while I doubt anybody writing these speculative articles about Janet's life possesses any 'insider information', I'm not convinced their speculation is entirely wrong.

Janet is in a tricky situation; still not (and never will be) totally forgiven for the Superbowl, which effectively killed her music career. As a woman in her late 40's, the pop music world's ageism is almost guaranteed to condemn her to failure. To make matters worse, even if she had an album ready to release today, it would still be her longest gap between albums. With non-fans/the mainstream, next year will be one decade since she was in the public's mind share.

Considering all that she's up against, I can see why Janet might effectively retire. There really is no better ending for a Jackson than to live out the rest of your days quietly and abundantly wealthy. That said, she has talked about a new album before, as recently as last summer, and it seems counter-intuitive to do a worldwide tour "for the fans" if there's not going to be any more music. It was not a farewell tour or anything remotely resembling that.

-------------

I have no idea what Janet's going to do with her life/career, but I believe (although would not bet) we'll get one more album from her. I'd reckon that she will continue acting, producing, directing and doing charity work after her music days are behind her. I don't see her disappearing on us as a married Muslim woman or otherwise.

Unlike the flops whose "Trinity" status is downright LAUGHABLE, Janet has nothing to prove to anyone.

iSQ9PLBzHIuPi.gif

Needed a gif + shady comment to increase the chances of people actually reading this post

Artemisia

Banned
I have major doubts that everything the headline was claiming is true, but I do wonder if there's some truth in it.

Regarding the converting to Islam bit, I'm a bit skeptical. This outfit definitely would not go over well in the Muslim world.

zwdQRIe.jpg

It was taken after they were married (but before the public knew about it), although I suppose it's possible she could be converting now and no longer wearing outfits like these. That said, Muslim men are only allowed to marry Christian or Jewish women when marrying outside Islam. The Jackson kids were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses, but Janet was never actually baptized. I believe this would mean that the marriage goes against the marriage laws of Islam. Also, seeing as how they are already married, I'm not sure what converting now would accomplish.

(Those who are knowledgeable about Islam, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Muslim men are allowed to marry non muslim women (not sure if atheists are allowed, or polytheistic religions). A muslim woman must marry a muslim man.

Fey

Banned
Muslim men are allowed to marry non muslim women (not sure if atheists are allowed, or polytheistic religions). A muslim woman must marry a muslim man.

I'm pretty sure they cannot marry people of a polytheistic religion. Not 100% sure on atheists, though.

Icicle

not azealia being above janet

icicle will light your ass on fire

o i missed the tidbit about last fm.

Heh, I missed the last.fm bit too. Glad I kept reading before going into clock mode.

Although now that I understand Rob's chart/list, I'm genuinely curious as to HOW certain artists ended up where they did.

For instance, Azealia above Janet. Janet has had more Top 10 hits than Azealia has had songs, to say nothing of those songs' usability.

NSYNC and JoJo charting period, considering these plays came from the past 12 months. (Are you listening to Agape on repeat or something? I seem to recall liking 2 songs off of it.)

Mary J Blige at #4 is so random, I can't help but kii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom