• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

The Selena track is messy.

My ranking of the Disney chick songs:

Heart Attack = $$$ex > Ashtrays and Heartbreak >>>>> Come and Get It

royalan

#NEWMUSIC

SELENA GOMEZ - COME AND GET IT

artworks-000044833563-fbt1gv-t200x200.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/nico-revolution/selena-gomez-come-and-get-it

Trash.

I said to myself when I first saw the album art that I hoped she was giving us some SPICE to match it, and not more Dance/Dub crud.

Oh well...

Artemisia

Banned
Trash.

I said to myself when I first saw the album art that I hoped she was giving us some SPICE to match it, and not more Dance/Dub crud.

Oh well...

and the snippet was actually interesting, too. The first one we got was a clip of that south asian chant at the beginning. I got my life. Hew knew it would be just another basic disney pop jam.

cory64

I've had a top 50 locked but I'm writing something up for every one so it might be a while.
Why would I post anything before completing the whole thing?

Fey

Banned
i am here for enyagaf. if she was a pop artist, i would stan for her above madonna tbqh she is just on another level

Nemesis_

i am here for enyagaf. if she was a pop artist, i would stan for her above madonna tbqh she is just on another level

I've watched some of her live performances. I realise she can't actually replicate what she does in the studio but they are barely performances. This would be one thing that would get in the way of my stanning ;_; Unless you've seen performances that suggest otherwise?

It's so weird her music is helping me sleep so much right now. It's just so calming *.*

Fey

Banned
I've watched some of her live performances. I realise she can't actually replicate what she does in the studio but they are barely performances. This would be one thing that would get in the way of my stanning ;_; Unless you've seen performances that suggest otherwise?

It's so weird her music is helping me sleep so much right now. It's just so calming *.*
i saw one performance of hers and have avoided them since lol

i love that about her music, it just relaxes you and takes you to a happier place ;_; <3

PowderedToast

yeah she has never toured and very rarely does live vocal on tv performances etc.

one reason is the amount of vocal layering involved in her studio work and the difficulty of replicating that - like you mentioned, and the other is that she isn't that technically gifted as a solitary vocal. beautiful tone, but it all comes together when it's layered over and produced.

it doesn't ruin her for me, she just recognises her limitations. the music itself is so gorgeous and accomplished, and the fact she sings every single vocal in each track is sort of mind boggling.

Nemesis_

yeah she has never toured and very rarely does live vocal on tv performances etc.

one reason is the amount of vocal layering involved in her studio work and the difficulty of replicating that - like you mentioned, and the other is that she isn't that technically gifted as a solitary vocal. beautiful tone, but it all comes together when it's layered over and produced.

it doesn't ruin her for me, she just recognises her limitations. the music itself is so gorgeous and accomplished, and the fact she sings every single vocal in each track is sort of mind boggling.

Yeah, I wonder which track she sings 500 layers for *.* She talks about it in interviews but never actually specific which one it is.

Nemesis_

loooord just thinking of coming up with the top 3 makes my head hurt. the only song i think would 100% put up there no matter what is Caribbean Blue. *.*

Carribean Blue is truly something else.

So the world goes round and round
With all you ever knew
They say the sky high above
Is Caribbean blue

502427974_1620647.gif

*O*

lord these struggle GIFs

EDIT: Does anyone use the username " bbenoit33 " anywhere? I need to know before I accept yew into our LastFM group *.*

royalan

Carribean Blue is truly something else.

So the world goes round and round
With all you ever knew
They say the sky high above
Is Caribbean blue

502427974_1620647.gif

*O*

lord these struggle GIFs

EDIT: Does anyone use the username " bbenoit33 " anywhere? I need to know before I accept yew into our LastFM group *.*

That's me. *.*

Sorry, I made that account years ago and I briefly considered just making a new one but I didn't want to lose it.

Nemesis_

I believe that's Roy. He mentioned wanting to join a few pages back.

I thought so but I was not sure. I'm in bed now but I shall approve first thing in the morning. I was thrown off by no Xtina on the top eight, only Paramour and Taking Back Sunday >_>

And all those Rihanna plays lordT

royalan

Wait? How do you use this thing? I want to see my views. *.*

Also, don't be fooled by the numbers. I think I only have LastFM tied to my Spotify account at the moment, so you really won't see a lot of my faves represented very highly, as I own most of their music and listen via other programs.

Nemesis_

Also, don't be fooled by the numbers. I think I only have LastFM tied to my Spotify account at the moment, so you really won't see a lot of my faves represented very highly, as I own most of their music and listen via other programs.

ermm you need to install the plug in for whatever program you have. I already went over it before but just download the program and leave it running in the background.

Matt has accumulated hundreds of plays in the last few days so I assume it's going to upload your backlog too?

once program is installed it will run in the background and you won't ever need to touch it.

a few pages back I typed up how to integrate it with YouTube and Sound cloud

royalan

ermm you need to install the plug in for whatever program you have. I already went over it before but just download the program and leave it running in the background.

Matt has accumulated hundreds of plays in the last few days so I assume it's going to upload your backlog too?

once program is installed it will run in the background and you won't ever need to touch it.

a few pages back I typed up how to integrate it with YouTube and Sound cloud

Okey Dokey. *.*

Also, HEW are half these people showing up in my library with all these plays? I don't even know who HALF of them are (and I never really had a Paramour phase).

Lord, now I remember why I stopped using LastFm. It confused the hell out of me.

royalan

Some of this is weird.

Some of these plays sound right (and I told you bitches there was a period when I used Taylor Swift...debut era only, though. And a lot of these plays are from when I first signed up for LastFM, which would be around that time.)

But Joss Stone should be higher.

Missy Elliot should be higher.

Jill Scott should be higher.

Xtina should DEFINITELY be higher.

These are my cornerstone artists and I'll sometimes spend MONTHS at a time only listening to their music.

I wonder if it's because of the poor syncing with my iPod at the time...;___;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Lol I just checked my Last.fm account and It has been years since I use it and all it has its Rock and Metal. How do I connect Spotify to it or vice versa whatever I gotta do to sync?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm convinced the iphone app for last.fm is absolutely useless.
Been listening to music ll day and it hasnt tracked anything

I got the app Rhenna what now or shall I hashtag you on my myspace in order to help me bebo this shit?

EDIT: Nevermind LOL

Stan Bebo!
The fumes over peoples friend rankings were everything

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I got the app but last.fm isnt showing the stuff I've been listening lately. WTF T_T

I'm convinced the iphone app for last.fm is absolutely useless.
Been listening to music ll day and it hasnt tracked anything

Stan Bebo!
The fumes over peoples friend rankings were everything

Medoner dusnt understan what ur seying. U implaying I'm facebooking on mocospace?

Bladenic

I feel bad for dragging poor Demi before. Heart Attack slayed me and I just watched her live performances on Jimmy Kimmel. Let me get ready to stan if her new album is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom