• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Beyonce HAS ballads, and some good ones at that.

I just don't think she's a vocalist who's particularly KNOWN for her ballads. She has yet to nab that truly ICONIC ballad moment like Whitney, Mariah, Celine, Christina and Adele have.

Although, to be fair, I don't think she's really tried.

I agree, I don't think she's KNOWN as a balladeer but I think mainstream knows that she has a lot of R&B ballads and that she serves them really well. I think the concept that Christina's known for her ballads is a bit overblown; I agree that Christina's most iconic hit was a ballad but Beyonce's had more mainstream success with hers.

Listen is the closest thing she has to stepping up to the pedestal currently swarmed by Mariah/Whitney/Celine but I agree that she doesn't seem interested in going there. I think she enjoys recording ballads for her own portfolio and to sing them live. I'm certain if she wanted to craft an iconic, timeless ballad for the ages she would go for it. She's got the ambition and skill to do so.

Artemisia

Banned
Just popping in to say that it is truly FLABBERGASTING how dominant Queen Rihanna has been in 2012 and 2013. I'm not even hearing anyone else on the radio. She pretty much is doing it all, party anthems and the more introspective stuff. I don't see how you can say any other pop star is nearly as relevant right now

bow.gif
rihanna

bu bu bu she has no impact

its not even fake, who else is on her level now. Gaga is straight Margaret Thatcher status

That doesn't even make sense though. Not every artist can/wants to pay people to write their songs for them enabling them to release an album a year AND tour. I am no Gaga fan, but she is fine.

Katy (like her or hate her) also produces hits just a frequently, and far more consistently, than even Rih.

Trigger

Just popping in to say that it is truly FLABBERGASTING how dominant Queen Rihanna has been in 2012 and 2013. I'm not even hearing anyone else on the radio. She pretty much is doing it all, party anthems and the more introspective stuff. I don't see how you can say any other pop star is nearly as relevant right now

bow.gif
rihanna

FqZoO.gif

Yaaaassss stan Esch

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Cause I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it
Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But chains and whips excite me

Na na na
Come on, come on, come on
I like it-like it

tumblr_lw2sh2eIai1qdr8v7o1_400.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
-Here's To Never Growing Up is cute but underwhelming, I like the chorus so maybe it will continue to grow
I will keep this avi till I find a new Zayn pic

-Why is Azealia releasing her shit on Vimeo tho?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
-Here's To Never Growing Up is cute but underwhelming, I like the chorus so maybe it will continue to grow
I will keep this avi till I find a new Zayn pic

-Why is Azealia releasing her shit on Vimeo tho?

Probably she had a feud with youtube for their shit video quality or something.

Vimeo and Azaelia were made for one another.

They should sign an exclusivity deal. Good for every party involved (including the general public).

cory64

Mulan looks absolutely immaculate on Blu-ray. I really like Xtina's version of Reflection too, even if it's just her straining to do her best Whitney.

Edit: I can't at the video for this Raven Symone cover of True to Your Heart.

DMeisterJ

Banned

bow.gif
rihanna

16llef6-jpg.gif

--

And kiiii at the flop writing shade. Check the Uapologetic writing credits, she co-wrote on 12/15 songs.

Artemisia

Banned
And yet, that's not what the actual product states. You wouldn't catch real songwriters being absent on their albums.

ifSpIQmWtm1Yz.gif

ASCAP has the receipts. She's listed as a writer on the songs that her website say she is. Maybe she felt her input wasn't significant enough to be listed as a writer on the final product. If only Beyonce were as thoughtful.

SaintZ

Trouble is a dubstep mess and WANEGBT is Complicated rehash.

In other news, idolator reviewed HTNGU
So sure, “Here’s To Never Growing Up” is childish and annoying and as bratty as a pack of kids trashing a mall food court, and it’s also totally brilliant, wistful and euphoric and wonderful, like the best moments in Avril’s catalogue. She’s the perpetual teenager, and that ethos is captured perfectly in “Here’s To Never Growing Up.” Now, especially, let’s hope she doesn’t.
We'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

ix3zmStpE6SDk.gif

cory64

ASCAP has the receipts. She's listed as a writer on the songs that he website say she is. Maybe she felt her input wasn't significant enough to be listed as a writer on the final product. If only Beyonce were as thoughtful.
Hard to argue with ASCAP receipts. Credits were probably rushed for the booklet and based on an older list because her contributions were most likely later in production.

Koodo

Banned
ASCAP has the receipts. She's listed as a writer on the songs that he website say she is. Maybe she felt her input wasn't significant enough to be listed as a writer on the final product. If only Beyonce were as thoughtful.
Which means she basically did shit.

I ain't got no problem with her contribution or lack thereof. Rihanus holds no delusion about her creative bankruptcy, unlike her passengers on the RMS Titanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom