• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Yes, a delayed shitty album is still a shitty album. Fortunately none of us can speak on this since Beyonce doesn't release shitty albums, and Rihanna doesn't delay her shitty albums.

2) Coming for Rih for releasing shitty music on a cyclical schedule is easy because, as mentioned, her albums are shit. If they were great albums like most of Prince's sporadic releases then yes, I would take Rihanna to be someone who can pump out great music on a whim because that's just how she is. Unfortunately that's not how she is, and it's evident through said shit albums. Some people are fast workers. Other people just spam. Guess which category your inflated tube sock fave falls under.

Bey stans need more of this.

(Though I do think Bey has produced a bad album here or there. I Am had some good songs, but all together was pretty bad imo.)

Bladenic

#2013LukeBryanWorldDomination.
1Oymt.gif

Stan.

Let's not do too much.

GGGB, Rated R, Loud, and Unapologetic are hardly shit.

The former 3 are pretty good, and the latter is just OK. TTT was pretty bad, I'll give you that.

no1curr about ha first 2 albums

But I thought you hated Unapologetic?

Let's not do too much.

GGGB, Rated R, Loud, and Unapologetic are hardly shit.

The former 3 are pretty good, and the latter is just OK. TTT was pretty bad, I'll give you that.

no1curr about ha first 2 albums

GGGB is a very good album. Unfortunately that came out in 2007. Since then it's been a downward spiral into nonsense.

Four out of her seven albums are certifiably bad. That's embarrassing. For such a young artist and with such a short time span, it's hard to look at her music as something that's just "changing with the times." You have to look at her songs as a whole and when you do that, you realize that outside of her singles and a handful of good songs from GGGB and Loud (which would be great with or without her) her portfolio is horrendously inauthentic, hollow, and soulless. Absolutely no artistic niche whatsoever. She can go home.

And I Am.. Sasha Fierce is a fully realized concept album from beginning to end. The acoustic side is mature and nuanced and the other half is fucking fierce. For what Bey stans consider to be her worst album it's still much more of an actual "album" than Rihanna's best release, whichever one of the two that is.

Bladenic

GGGB is a very good album. Unfortunately that came out in 2007. Since then it's been a downward spiral into nonsense.

Four out of her seven albums are certifiably bad. For a young artist and with such a short time span, it's hard to look at her music as something that's just "changing with the times." You have to look at her songs as a whole and when you do that, you realize that outside of her singles and a handful of good songs from GGGB and Loud (which would be great with or without her) her portfolio is horrendously inauthentic, hollow, and soulless. Absolutely no artistic niche whatsoever. She can go home.

ibnNQ9uOGnlSmi.gif

Partition

Banned
I can't at the #Nvay coming for 4, one of the best pop albums released in the past 5 years, while the last two albums their busted fave released were Unapologetic and Talk That Talk.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Pressed hate

I would love to have an actual conversation about the quality of her albums but your whole post read like you couldn't stand her and her artistry, so I'll certify your post as pressed hate. Bow down to Rihanna tho, she's going to be here whether you like it or not.

16llef6-jpg.gif

Artemisia

Banned
This Guardian article

Below is a timeline mapping the various stages of this never-ending album campaign and an incredibly scientific look at how my excitement levels have fluctuated.

17 October 2012
It's announced that Beyoncé will be performing at the Super Bowl halftime show in February.
Excitement levels: 68%. "Following 2011's good but under-performing 4 album it will be nice to see what she does next."

27 November 2012
It's announced that Beyoncé will be directing a HBO documentary about herself to air in February.
Excitement levels: 72%. "Same month as the Super Bowl, this is all very good promotion for her imminent return. Well done, Beyoncé."

4 December 2012
Producer the-Dream, who is apparently working on the new album, tells the world she'll have a couple of new songs out before the Super Bowl.
Excitement levels: 89%. "Well, he'd know as he's apparently working on the album!"

9 December 2012
Beyoncé signs a deal with Pepsi.
Excitement levels: 81%. "This means there will be a tour, which is good news. The advert will need to be better than this one though."

10 December 2012
Ne-Yo confirms he's been working on the new album.
Excitement levels: 83%. "Irreplaceable is a good song, so a couple more of those would be good."

9 January 2013
It's announced that Beyoncé will perform the national anthem at Obama's inauguration.
Excitement levels: 78%. "Shame she's not doing Crazy in Love, but what can you do?"

11 January 2013
Destiny's Child regroup briefly to unveil the previously unreleased Nuclear from their album Love Songs.
Excitement levels: 89% at the announcement of the song and 57% upon hearing it. "That's just an old song that didn't make it on to their last album, isn't it?"

11 January 2013
Beyoncé tells GQ magazine that she struggles to comprehend her own brilliance. She also talks about the new album, which includes production from Pharrell, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake and the-Dream.
Excitement levels: 90%. "We're with her on the brilliance thing and that lineup of collaborators is pretty good even if Timbaland and Pharrell are a bit past it now."

17 January 2013
Rumours circulate that she's performing at the Brits.
Excitement levels: 92%. "She is really quite good at singing songs on a stage and this must mean there's a new single ready to go."

31 January 2013
Shares rehearsal footage from the Super Bowl performance.
Excitement levels: 87%. "No new songs shown in the clips, but she probably doesn't want to ruin the surprise."

3 February 2013
Performs at the Super Bowl causing a power cut in the stadium. No new material is played.
Excitement levels: 83%. "It's weird that she didn't play any new songs but surely an announcement about a single is imminent."

4 February 2013
Announces dates for the Mrs Carter world tour the morning after the Super Bowl.
Excitement levels: 81%. "OK, well that's exciting especially as it starts in April. Not much time to get the single and album out before then though!"

7 February 2013
It's announced that Beyoncé won't be performing at the Brits after all. She'll be replaced by Taylor Swift.
Excitement levels: 41%. "That's a real shame. The single's obviously been delayed."

12 February 2013
Appears on the cover of the Gentlewoman and US Vogue.
Excitement levels: 83%. "Right, here we go, magazine covers must mean new material is on its way any day now."

26 February 2013
It is announced Beyoncé will be one of the headliners of V festival in August.
Excitement levels: 54%. "Please don't make me go to V festival, Beyoncé."

27 February 2013
Starts posting pictures of her sitting in various forms of automobile on social media networks. One involves her wearing a hard hat.
Excitement levels: 48%. "What does this all mean? Has she quit pop for a career on a building site?"

6 March 2013
A fake tracklisting for the new album appears online.
Excitement levels: 88%. "Even though it's quite clearly fake, it's still exciting because some of it might be true. Please. Can some of it be true?"

17 March 2013
Out of nowhere a new "song" called Bow Down/I Been On is plonked on Beyoncé's SoundCloud.
Excitement levels: 97%. "It's obviously just two interludes mashed together but at least it proves she has actually been near a studio."

20 March 2013
Songwriter and producer Ryan Tedder claims the album is still not finished.
Excitement levels: 21%. "Seriously, how hard is it to knock together a few songs? Even if she just gave us a hint as to when we might hear it would be something."

21 March 2013
It's announced that Beyoncé is the new face of the H&M summer range and that her advert will feature a new song, Standing on the Sun.
Excitement levels: 29%. "That song's probably been recorded to order, hasn't it?"

2 April 2013
It's announced that Beyoncé and André 3000 have covered Back to Black for The Great Gatsby soundtrack.
Excitement levels: 42%. "Hmm, a cover isn't quite what's needed at the moment, but still."

3 April 2013
Beyoncé's 2011 album 4 is rereleased on US iTunes with a new tracklisting.
Excitement levels: 4%. "Right, if this whole thing has been a glorified campaign for you to prove that 4 is some sort of lost masterpiece then I will be very upset indeed."

3 April 2013
Beyoncé releases a 10-second teaser video featuring a gold glove, a hashtag (#BeyHereNow) and a tiny bit of a new song.
Excitement levels: 98%. "It's happening, it's really happening."

3 April 2013
Sony Ireland tweets that the teaser video is for a new Pepsi advert (the tweet has since been deleted).
Excitement levels: 6%. "Oh, well done everyone."

4 April 2013
A short a cappella clip of what is supposedly the first single Good Woman appears online.
Excitement levels: 93%. "Perhaps the advert will feature more of the song and then she'll announce that it's being released next week!"

4 April 2013
The minute-long Pepsi advert is premiered online. It does indeed feature the Timbaland-produced Grown Woman. A press release doing the rounds claims the single will be out on Monday.
Excitement levels: 99%. "OH PRAISE BE(Y)! FINALLY!"

4 April 2013
Billboard announce that Grown Woman is not the first single, but will appear on the album. No release schedule is announced.
Excitement levels: 2%. "I give up."

23tihjm3dezs.gif

More than 10 years in the game and she still look almost the same What kind of Orphan teas.

Moar:

She's so tiny.

Also, Evan now... mhm...

I was just about to post that! She hasn't changed at all.

Hopefully her music era doesn't follow that same pattern. I like a lot of her work, but apathy has set in and I am here here for Let Go #5.
b80efe23.gif

I would love to have an actual conversation about the quality of her albums but your whole post read like you couldn't stand her and her artistry, so I'll certify your post as pressed hate. Bow down to Rihanna tho, she's going to be here whether you like it or not.

16llef6-jpg.gif

Lol I give back what's handed to me so if you find my responses to be INADEQUATE then you might have to consider modifying your own output. I'd love to make an in-depth post about why Rihanna is someone whose radio success is wholy impressive but whose path in the industry doesn't sabotage or hurt anyone else's chances in the field. In fact I could probably make a flawless case on how Rihanna has the most in common with the Nintendo Wii in so far that her success is unique to her and her only, which while admirable, doesn't quite hold much credence when you end up comparing her to her peers across measurably important categories such as musicality, performance talent, iconography and brand power... categories that play a much bigger part in shaping and maintaining an icon than a series of radio songs can ever do. And honestly, I think if the topic of this flawless case were anyone other than Rihanna you would probably say that I was right on the dot. But alas you're you, so I'll just be labeled as "pressed" regardless of what I say. So I suppose just cutting to the chase and saying that she's worthless just saves both of us some time. :p

And that Guardian article is FLAWLESS. Pretty much everything I've wanted to say but didn't because I don't want to cry while typing. lol

Partition

Banned
Rihanus just isn't worth your time good Soul sis. In a way, you have to feel bad for the #Nvay because they put themselves in a position where they are forced to defend something with no merit other than radio success. Thats why they resort to simply writing off posts as "pressed" because they know there really is no sound argument for their fave. She just truly is, the McDonalds of the industry.

Fey

Banned
Looks like the new members have made an impacT on the popgaf group in last.fm.

01. Rihanna (LW 6)
02. Beyoncé (LW 5)
03. Madonna (LW 3)
04. Lana Del Rey (LW 7)
05. Lady Gaga (LW 1)
06. Taylor Swift (LW 11)
07. Christina Aguilera (LW 19)
08. Demi Lovato (LW 13)
09. Ke$ha (LW 14)
10. Ellie Goulding (LW 16)​

Kelly went from 2 to 11, Adele went from 4 to 23, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis went from 8 to 267, Britney went from 9 to 22, and JT went from 10 to 13.

cory64

Hey,

If you’re reading this right now, it means we haven’t seen you around LittleMonsters.com for some time now...

We miss you.

So, we wanted to reach out and we would absolutely love if you could fill out a quick survey and tell us what’s going on, why you left, and what we can do to win you back.
they are trying iT

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Heart Attack is #1, yall better stan

they are trying iT

I got that email too but havent opened it, is there an option in the survey to write:
Maybe if you had the main purpose of this site to post something we might spend more time here conversing with her, not here for all these gays

Mau ®

Two stadium dates in South Africa for the #DiamondsWorldTour + third Auckland date in New Zealand, due to high demand.

529446_633811483299297_1215034182_n.jpg

Pretty good for an act with no impact, no brand power to speak of and radio songs that just come and go...

tumblr_mejt21A4tO1qgy8r3o1_500.gif

i c

I've been on a Coheed & Cambria kick lately. Guess I need to reevaluate my priorities to get her back on top.

I only really use shuffle so I am pretty sure my last.fm are pretty consistent week to week.

Though I added a lot of Little Mix/Emeli Sandi/Icona pop in the last week.

Two stadium dates in South Africa for the #DiamondsWorldTour + third Auckland date in New Zealand, due to high demand.

529446_633811483299297_1215034182_n.jpg

Pretty good for an act with no impact, no brand power to speak of and radio songs that just come and go...

tumblr_mejt21A4tO1qgy8r3o1_500.gif

I think you were missing my point from earlier... lol

Rihanus just isn't worth your time good Soul sis. In a way, you have to feel bad for the #Nvay because they put themselves in a position where they are forced to defend something with no merit other than radio success. Thats why they resort to simply writing off posts as "pressed" because they know there really is no sound argument for their fave. She just truly is, the McDonalds of the industry.

True. I'm just bored at work and also kinda pissy that my fave didn't release any new music today. It's been such a painful wait :(

Bladenic

Heart Attack is #1, yall better stan

I got that email too but havent opened it, is there an option in the survey to write:
Maybe if you had the main purpose of this site to post something we might spend more time here conversing with her, not here for all these gays

Crying at everyone stanning Heart Attack. So good.

Why the fuck is little monsters emailing me when I'm about to be banned because of Beyoncé. This is the worst day ever.

Sis take back the wager! We all know the bitch isn't releasing anything today but she might pull a fast one and announce a release for tomorrow. And you need to be here for iT.

royalan

Ch...I also got that little monsters email.

My suggestion? Shut DOWN LittleMonsters.org

Does more harm than good for her global image. Gets to the point that you feel like you can't be a Gaga fan or "get" her if you're not a little monster. And, really, who wants to associate with that trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom