• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Stefan™;53887167 said:
When is your fav releasing a new single?
Put ha on the spot. I'm already over the song.

iFAtxDj5b96od.gif

Are Rihanna and Gaga even considered vocalist?

Don't play. Gaga can sing and you know it.

iTPRj2vF447EY.gif

I think you are confused because we live in a world full of Britney's and Ke$ha's, where we just assume anyone who dances/performs is only doing to because they cannot sing (which is true in those two cases).

Gaga can do both.

cory64

Gaga has slightly better control than Rihanna but her range is more limited and her voice is pretty damn weak sounding unless she's faking a belt.
It's "prettier" but Rih's is fuller and still improving.

botty

Banned
Don't play. Gaga can sing and you know it.

iTPRj2vF447EY.gif

I think you are confused because we live in a world full of Britney's and Ke$ha's, where we just assume anyone who dances/performs is only doing to because they cannot sing (which is true in those two cases).

Gaga can do both.

I'm not denying that Gaga can sing, or even that Rihanna has a nice studio voice. I am just asking if they are vocalist: singer's who are aware, and in control of their vocals when they sing.

Ke$ha can sing/rap or whatever, but it's not like she is consciously thinking about the notes in her heads when she sings about the cum stuck in her hair.

I'm not denying that Gaga can sing, or even that Rihanna has a nice studio voice. I am just asking if they are vocalist: singer's who are aware, and in control of their vocals when they sing.

Ke$ha can sing/rap or whatever, but it's not like she is consciously thinking about the notes in her heads when she sings about the cum stuck in her hair.

I don't think that applies to Gaga at all. I think it is very conscious on her part.

Majmun

Gaga has slightly better control than Rihanna but her range is more limited and her voice is pretty damn weak sounding unless she's faking a belt.
It's "prettier" but Rih's is fuller and still improving.

You have got to be trolling. STOP IT
ioZLnJFGTn5hb.gif

Gave the album snippets on Amazon a listen since it has been so hyped and it is on sale for 7.99, but I was kind of disappointed. I am not sure what I expected from them though.....

Maybe I will give it another chance in a few days.

Lady Gaga is actually an exceptional vocalist. There's a misconception about her skillset because we never really get to see her vocals get pushed other than choice live performances. The problem is that SHE doesn't push herself in that department and because of it we tend to only think that her voice rests in the lower-mid register with almost no belting power.

The other issue is that a lot of her songs don't necessarily work for her voice. The studio version of Edge of Glory is masterful, but she can't adapt her vocals to it in a live scenario. The same way certain songs on Bionic sounded straight up BAD because they were in a register Christina doesn't typically sing in, a lot of Gaga songs don't necessarily serve her skills well.

I would probably put Gaga in the same caliber as someone like Adele in terms of layering better-than-average technical skill with exceptional intonation and style that can sound absolutely stellar. The difference is that we get to hear Adele do that all the time, but are only treated to stellar Gaga moments in short spurts here or there.

I'm fairly certain if Gaga released a real ballad and attempted to sing it like a conventional vocalist she would absolutely kill it.

As far as Rihanna's vocals, I think she has a rich tone as well but her technical skill set is so low that it can't hold up well outside of the studio.

Mau ®

TBH GaGa is a superior singer to Rih. Thats just how it is and I'm not even mad.

I prefer Rih's voice but thats me being #Navy.

And then a 1D stan coming for singing and performance ability. I literally cannot.

I don't claim that you need to be a good singer to make good music. They are only casually related. It is liars who SAY their fav artist is an amazing singer when they are not that can seethe. I never once have claimed that 1D have any great skills vocally.

Hypocrites can remain hypocritical.

You don't see Taylor/Madge/1D/Katy/Britney/Ke$ha/etc stans pretending their favs are vocal master craftsmen like certain #Navy do. Why not just like her music and move on?

iFx0YskoAW37p.png

cory64

Lady Gaga is actually an exceptional vocalist. There's a misconception about her skillset because we never really get to see her vocals get pushed other than choice live performances. The problem is that SHE doesn't push herself in that department and because of it we tend to only think that her voice rests in the lower-mid register with almost no belting power.

The other issue is that a lot of her songs don't necessarily work for her voice. The studio version of Edge of Glory is masterful, but she can't adapt her vocals to it in a live scenario. The same way certain songs on Bionic sounded straight up BAD because they were in a register Christina doesn't typically sing in, a lot of Gaga songs don't necessarily serve her skills well.

I would probably put Gaga in the same caliber as someone like Adele in terms of layering better-than-average technical skill with exceptional intonation and style that can sound absolutely stellar. The difference is that we get to hear Adele do that all the time, but are only treated to stellar Gaga moments in short spurts here or there.

I'm fairly certain if Gaga released a real ballad and attempted to sing it like a conventional vocalist she would absolutely kill it.

As far as Rihanna's vocals, I think she has a rich tone as well but her technical skill set is so low that it can't hold up well outside of the studio.
Yes, this is my main complaint, she *shouldn't* have weaker studio vocals than Rih, but she only lets them show on certain live performances. We're hearing a lot more of Rih's best vocals (because her team knows how to write for her voice) and a lot less of Gaga's best than we should be hearing. So Rihanna appears to have better vocals even though Gaga is a better singer.

Not that she's Beyoncé or anything.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pokerface being played in a film, and I just want to pause it and listen to the Fame
Such an eternally flawless song

tumblr_m3fstg7MDl1rtbu07o1_500.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Her voice just turns me into melted butter, that snippet is just beautiful
8zdXc.gif
8zdXc.gif
8zdXc.gif
8zdXc.gif

Yes, this is my main complaint, she *shouldn't* have weaker studio vocals than Rih, but she only lets them show on certain live performances. We're hearing a lot more of Rih's best vocals (because her team knows how to write for her voice) and a lot less of Gaga's best than we should be hearing. So Rihanna appears to have better vocals even though Gaga is a better singer.

Not that she's Beyoncé or anything.

Rihanna appears to have better vocals? How though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom