• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Like five hours earlier she was tweeting about how she was performing tonight
Building up hype to change things last minute is a pain in the ass, she'll just hurt her image

Oh okay. Yeah that's lame.

I'm actually thinking of going to The Governor's Ball MF or Made in America, and she's set to do both. Would be cool to see her live, I guess.

Oh and Beyonce will be at MiA. Wonder if Grown Man will be out by then.

Koodo

Banned
Oh, oops. I just wiki'd her. She's only had 4 #1's? And what happened between 2000 and 2001 to cause such a massive drop in sales?
Over-saturation, and the move away from a virginal visage. She was still scanning over 10 million albums sold worldwide up until and including In The Zone, which is a streak only the likes of Madonna and Whitney have achieved.

Her power.

royalan

Speaking of XTINA

As you all know, she finally unloaded some baggage and moved out of the house she shared with her ex-husband a few months back. Seems like she's ready to settle back down after her trip to Japan, and here's the lovely new pad she'll be calling home:

UoTr3R2.jpg

b004XQv.jpg

ywrUxaS.jpg

So stylish.
So contemporary.
Fit for a Legend of the United States.

I can't wait until she transforms it into a cheap french bordello customizes it with her own personal style.

Partition

Banned
Over-saturation, and the move away from a virginal visage. She was still scanning over 10 million albums sold worldwide up until and including In The Zone, which is a streak only the likes of Madonna and Whitney have achieved.

Her power.

The Fame alone sold 15 million worldwide
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

botty

Banned
This Lana song is full deceptive melancholy. I don't know how anyone could not appreciate her vocals on it. The way she interprets the lyrics reinforces the fact that she is a unique artist.

ix8y1BWp3Xqwl.gif

Speaking of XTINA

As you all know, she finally unloaded some baggage and moved out of the house she shared with her ex-husband a few months back. Seems like she's ready to settle back down after her trip to Japan, and here's the lovely new pad she'll be calling home:

UoTr3R2.jpg

b004XQv.jpg

ywrUxaS.jpg

So stylish.
So contemporary.
Fit for a Legend of the United States.

I can't wait until she transforms it into a cheap french bordello customizes it with her own personal style.

Wow. It looks so lush.

Aguila

#ICONIC
rob you better watch out

the lana stans will bring in born to die's US gold certification receipts

gold is the new platinum, don't you know?
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

and when will that hew in your avi?
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Don't understand the appeal of someone who makes an entire album of lullabies and uses instagram filters on every video, who's only redeeming quality is that she looks like a slightly more feminine Amanda Lepore. I thought PopGAF was above such hipster filth

Anybody with a good ear can appreciate Lana's soulful crooning and anybody with a good eye can appreciate her retro visuals.
She's not a fad. She's here to stay. Seethe.
c20ac1e3.gif

Bladenic

not allahguila coming for lykke li

I Follow Rivers was number 1 in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Austria. What kind of global legend?

Yet it only peaked at #44 in her home country Sweden. What kind of flop home country not stanning?

It also went #1 in Italy, Germany, Poland, Romania and Luxembourg. Truly a global queen.

I'm from the Netherlands and I don't even know who that is

Repent now.

Bladenic

Oh, that song. Definitely a bop. But I don't think this Lkik Lik girl has had any other hits here.

I also remember some other artist releasing a ballad version of the song. Became a bigger hit than Likkys. dead

It wasn't a bigger hit worldwide (or um, Europe-wide). But it was a bigger hit in Sweden.

Majmun

It wasn't a bigger hit worldwide (or um, Europe-wide). But it was a bigger hit in Sweden.

The band that covered I follow Rivers is named Triggerfinger. I just looked it up. Their version topped thee Dutch charts for 6 weeks. While Lkik's version peaked at #2.

Not Trigger clocking Lkik Lik
OupKFO7.gif

Bladenic

The band that covered I follow Rivers is named Triggerfinger. I just looked it up. Their version topped thee Dutch charts for 6 weeks. While Lkik's version peaked at #2.

Not Trigger clocking Lkik Lik
OupKFO7.gif

Yeah but Lykke Li's version was a bigger hit overall.

Although Arte said her version peaked at #1. Exposed.

RubyFaith

Psy has surpassed Justin Beiber with fastest viewed video ever. Currently at 30+ million views.

#1 in 13 countries.

That Psy reign just won't let up.

ibfI13LcHC7D2B.png

Mau ®

I don't know how the new formula works (in terms of %) but if Harlem Shake was able to go #1 easily with just video views then I'm guessing PSY won't have any problems going #1 as well...

I dont know how to feel about it. But at the same time if THAT is what's most popular ATM then I guess I'll have to deal.

Koodo

Banned
The song has no redeeming qualities to it. The structure is wack, the production is wack, and the video is a complete reduction of the previous one. Vulgar beyond words.

Maybe this is why everyone has been delaying their shit to the second half of 2013. Staying away from the toxic fumes.

Beyonce's world tour starts tomorrow.

TOMORROW.

What the fuck is the plan, Bey?

Maybe she was gonna release an album around Superbowl time, but folk said she couldn't sing live, so she scrapped it, re-released 4 and is going to record a live album while on tour and release it once the north american leg starts. lol.

iWVZkyK8pC5Wb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom