• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pop Gaf Last Fm Charts

q2Z5Qi2.png

i think they're new, can't remember last weeks

botty

Banned
When is Kyon's ban up tho? He's been banned for the last six weeks. o_O

Speaking of MIA posters, I see mumei is paying us dusT. I PM'ed and got no response. hmmmmmm

Woah, thanks for telling me this. I was supposed to send him this long written thing, but I see that he is gone.

I miss Kyon.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
beat you to it by 2 days, they are updated every monday

tLwujZkJHH

ibbOAYeNS7S47W.gif

let me go back to britney's discography and revision.

Hew is listening to taylor swift though? Gross.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Red still isn't on Spotify in the UK and until she ceases these dishonest sales inflation tactics I will not even contemplate listening to that trash.

Red still isn't on Spotify in the UK and until she ceases these dishonest sales inflation tactics I will not even contemplate listening to that trash.

I am really curious as to whether keeping albums off of spotify actually helps sales at all or if it is wasted effort.

Shame that there is no way to really tell.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I'm so on the fence about the Daft Punk comeback. On the one hand Homework obviously slays lives and more funk is never bad. But on the other hand I'm worried that they're abandoning everything they did with Human After All and are retreating to safe radio-friendly music to flog albums and ride a wave of nostalgia from here to kingdom come. Human After All is a flawed record for sure but if they'd taken time off to work on and expand that sound they could have delivered something incredible. There's some incredibly promising stuff on there.

Matt_

Majmun

@Second

Am I missing any Bey tours? I have:
Dangerously in Love Tour
Verizon Ladies First Tour
The Beyoncé Experience
I Am… Tour

She also did the Revel Shows. But this was just a 3 day show. I don't have DC tour receipts, tho.

She also performed for Lybian terrorists. Made a lot of money during those shows.

BTW, I don't know where they pay their taxes. Bey is from Houston, and Jay from New York.

She also did the Revel Shows. But this was just a 3 day show. I don't have DC tour receipts, tho.

She also performed for Lybian terrorists. Made a lot of money during those shows.

BTW, I don't know where they pay their taxes. Bey is from Houston, and Jay from New York.

I am just going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they pay no state income tax.

So far I have finished all music/tours for Bey/DC/Jay Z and the total is currently sitting around 175,179,276 in profits. It is on the high end of possibilities, but it probably equals out since we don't have receipts for one off shows/ performances or some of the tour videos.

Now it gets tricky because I have to do estimates of the value of Jay-Z's stake in Roc Nation, as well as Bey's various sponsorship deals.

Plus all the money they make from investments, stock portfolios, real estate, etc.

Yeah, but I am sticking to just how much raw money they have made.

They will have made additional money from investments, but they will also have spent significant amounts of money as well. I am also sure they also have been heavily involved in charities.

Some things we can only guess at.

Majmun

So far I have finished all music/tours for Bey/DC/Jay Z and the total is currently sitting around 175,179,276 in profits.

Sounds reasonable when it comes to music only.

Bey and Jay are very successful entrepreneurs, though. One of the best out there. I expect the majority of their profits to have been generatated outside of the music industry.

But that's very hard to track, because they make money out of many things.

Sounds reasonable when it comes to music only.

Bey and Jay are very successful entrepreneurs, though. One of the best out there. I expect the majority of their profits to have been generatated outside of the music industry.

But that's very hard to track, because they make money out of many things.

Yeah. Most of it is guesswork/estimation since there is little hard data. It will almost certain end up being in the 500-600 million dollar range at the end of the day.

Still far short of a billion though.

Edit: ...and you also have to take into account that Jay-Z invested a great deal if his own money from his music haul into creating the two labels he has been involved in.

Have you made some sort of list? I'd love to see it, lol

Ummm sure. It won't all make sense.... I have a strange math process. The LAST number listed is the total profits for each section. I wrote in the totals for albums/singles just now and rounded them off.

Bey Tours:
Dangerously in Love Tour - 1633500
Verizon Ladies First Tour - 1197900
The Beyoncé Experience - 16335000
I Am… Tour – 21780000
Tour Totals: 40946400

DC Tours:
Destiny's Child World Tour 2400685
Destiny Fulfilled... and Lovin' It 4240566
Tours Total: 6641251

Jay Z Tours:
I am just going to be generous and give him 20 million. His tours were too small, and always had co headliners, so I doubt it would be higher.

Tours Totals:

Beyonce Albums:
27.1 million

Bey Singles:
90.9 million

DC Albums:
29 million

DC Singles:
21 Million

Jay Z Albums:
40 million

Jay Z Singles:
20 million

Music Total:

The media has caught wind of Beyonce's nipple outfit for her tour show, and are now coming for her.

oh-heyl7s9s.gif

....but I thought Bey was all about vocal/performances and was above tacky attention whoring gimmicks?

Matt_

If i see that 'its happenig' gif in one more thread I might throw up.
No variety now days

RubyFaith

Just outside the Hot 100's top 10, K-Pop star PSY follows up his debut U.S. smash "Gangnam Style" with "Gentleman," which soars onto the chart at No. 12. It launches at No. 1 on Streaming Songs with 8.6 million streams registered in the U.S. in just shy of two days since its posting on Saturday (April 13). (Now up to 125 million YouTube views worldwide [as of this posting], the song set the mark for the most views [18.9 million] for a video in its first day on the site, according to sources at YouTube, as previously reported**. The Hot 100, however, counts only U.S. views in its weekly tabulation.)

"Gentleman" also arrives with 27,000 downloads sold through the end of the SoundScan tracking week on Sunday night (April 14) following its digital release on April 12. Following its first full week of streaming and retail availability, the song could storm the Hot 100's top 10 next week.

"Gangnam Style" became the first video ever to reach 1 billion views worldwide. It now stands at 1.5 billion. The song peaked at No. 2 on the Hot 100 for seven weeks last fall (before YouTube data began contributing to the chart) and has sold 4.5 million downloads.

tumblr_ltli68jUPO1qzy4n9.gif

Eh, I don't see this one having quite the legs of GS.

Despite all the hype for the song right now the song isn't even in the itunes top 10. GS was #1-3 for two months almost.

Matt_

Billboard giving false tea?

I read that the Kony video got 30million in a day

Billboard giving false tea?

I read that the Kony video got 30million in a day

Gentleman only had like 1-2 days of streaming on the chart being put up this week, and news of its release took a couple days to really circulate around the US so I am guessing a disproportionate number of the early views came from Korea.

Don't worry though. It will be #1 next week.

Matt_

Gentleman only had like 1 day of streaming on the chart being put up this week, and news of its release took a couple days to really circulate around the US so I am guessing a disproportionate number of the early views came from Korea.

Don't worry though. It will be #1 next week.

Oh im not talking about the hot 100 chart, just the most views in 24 hours on youtube.
Kony thing is probably false though as it took 7 days to reach 70 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom