• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I actually really liked "Unfaithful" at the time.

I don't wannna beeeeee, a murderaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

iqw7P6nuM3PdN.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
"Stay" is the best ballad that Rih has had the pleasure of recording.

I actually really liked "Unfaithful" at the time.

I don't wannna beeeeee, a murderaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

iqw7P6nuM3PdN.gif

"Unfaithful" would have been my choice if she could actually sing it live when it was a single. I haven't heard her sing it since then, so maybe my opinion could change, but she couldn't at the time.

SaintZ

OMG, my third world country finally has access to Spotify. Currently being slayed by Ceremonials.

Gonna listen to godels' GA list after that.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'd rather pay more to be round people that actually like the music and so my fave can put on a show with higher production, than be standing round with a bunch of people that don't know who the artist are and just went because it was a cheap excuse to go out

Not that that would ever apply to Justin and Jay z

botty

Banned
Kid Rock reads Justine and Jay-zelle for filth regarding their ticket prices.

Did he lie, tho?

Kid Rock willing to "take a pay cut" that will cost him around $50,000 to $100,000 per night during his tour.

With tickets for Kid Rock’s “$20 Best Night Ever” tour selling for only $20, the rocker seemed less than enthused when asked to share his thoughts on ticket prices for Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake’s upcoming “Legends Of The Summer” tour.

When asked about the ticket prices, which seem to max out at $275 for a non-VIP ticket, during an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan, Kid Rock immediately referred to the prices as being “garbage.”

“It’s garbage. It’s highway robbery,” said Kid Rock. “I don’t care who you are. I would consider both of them in the circle of friends in the business, but I don’t agree with it.”

Kid Rock also revealed that he worked closely with Live Nation to cut the costs for fans and was even willing to take a pay cut to ensure that fans were treated to $20 concert tickets and $4 12 oz. beers among other perks. According to the Detroit artist, the pay cut could possibly cost him around $50,000 to $100,000 per night.

ibu7p0Ot83N18J.gif

No, but he is kinda over pricing his tickets too, considering it is kid rock.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Are the Madonna stans really using Aung San Suu Kyi to drag Gaga.

ea2a4fdb.gif
ea2a4fdb.gif

I dont even understand them anymore, even since the media played with the idea that Gaga is the new Queen of Pop they have felt threatened and try to do the most to undermine her

I mean why would you even attempt to vote on a poll that your fave has no place in

533579_508098105904158_12450251_n.jpg

and pawsdownlittlemonster is one of the saddest things I seen on the net after the trolling aspect humor is removed

dont even want to think about the things they will come up with for ARTPOP

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Breaking News:

Britney has a new song coming out in July
She is once again working with Dr Luke
Also produced by Cirkut and Ammo

For the Smurfs 2 Soundtrack
icqUXFZGviN4w.gif
icqUXFZGviN4w.gif
icqUXFZGviN4w.gif
icqUXFZGviN4w.gif
icqUXFZGviN4w.gif

botty

Banned
I dont even understand them anymore, even since the media played with the idea that Gaga is the new Queen of Pop they have felt threatened and try to do the most to undermine her

I mean why would you even attempt to vote on a poll that your fave has no place in

533579_508098105904158_12450251_n.jpg

and pawsdownlittlemonster is one of the saddest things I seen on the net after the trolling aspect humor is removed

dont even want to think about the things they will come up with for ARTPOP

They are too mes...

image.php

Bye, marius.
i1cwsiF7Mfhxe.gif

Majmun

Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Music’s First Billionaire Couple

While both husband and wife have enjoyed equally successful careers, it's thought that Beyoncé's current world tour and recent collaborations with Pepsi and H&M have pushed the couples' earnings over the billion dollar mark. According to tabloid reports, the singer will make approximately $116 million (£75 million) from The Mrs Carter Show, while her H&M earnings are also thought to be in the millions.

Receipt 1

Receipt 2

Receipt 3

Get money, Bey
i4be9a0JpTIEM.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Carters are going to be in control of two 100M+ grossing tours this year, congrats on Bey and Jay for making money off of Rihanna and her huge World Tour.

This has already been thoroughly debunked on other sites.

For one the tour profits will not be NEARLY that high. It is not practical to claim 75 million pounds or 115+ million dollars in profits from the tour
Since they are talking about net worth the "profit" part is implied
. That might be the overall gross, but a more reasonable take home estimate would be around 15-30 million. The moment I saw those numbers I pretty much threw out the validity of the whole article.

That is not to say they are not stupid rich though. Looking at their past sales/tour grosses as well as business holdings they could easily be worth around 500 million.

Majmun

This has already been thoroughly debunked on other sites.

For one the tour profits will not be NEARLY that high. It is not practical to claim 75 million pounds or 115+ million dollars in profits from the tour
Since they are talking about net worth the "profit" part is implied
. That might be the overall gross, but a more reasonable take home estimate would be around 15-30 million. The moment I saw those numbers I pretty much threw out the validity of the whole article.

That is not to say they are not stupid rich though. Looking at their past sales/tour grosses as well as business holdings they could easily be worth around 500 million.

$775.000.000

That was last year
i6wFCVWQ1FEJy.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
But why is Justine set as your avataR?

because

I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that sat in my heart
Is a space that now you hold

tumblr_m7zgm6Y1iX1r074yj.gif

I know you like it, I know you like it

tumblr_lvcytkb3Pw1qa3g9o_large.gif

Now you got me hopped up on that pusher love
So high I’m on the ceiling baby
You’re my drug
So gon' and be my dealer baby
Roll me up
'Cause all I want is you, baby

emmablowkiss.gif

Let me show you a few things
Show you a few things about love
Now we're in the swing of love
Show you a few things about love

tumblr_meo679P4lr1rmhp0ho1_500.gif

$775.000.000

That was last year
i6wFCVWQ1FEJy.gif

For one. That site, and its source for those numbers, do not inspire confidence. Not to mention that neither one did ANYTHING in the last year that would make a serious dent in the 225 million gap they would need to close to the billion mark.

For another, when they tabulate these they take "brand value" into consideration. It is essentially the same thing as stocks and company values. Apples stock got to the point where its value as a company was some absurdly high number (I THINK it was nearly a trillion dollars)..... then the stock fell out in the last month and over 40% of that value vanished.

Is that because the company is really worth 40% less today than it was a couple months ago? No.... not really. The same applies in this case, the numbers have a lot more to do with "perceived" value than actual wealth.

If we got into have much $$$ they actually have (whether it be cash, properties, investments, etc) it would most likely fall in the 250-500 million range.

Don't take it personally..... I just never pass up a chance to discuss data.

Majmun

If we got into have much $$$ they actually have (whether it be cash, properties, investments, etc) it would most likely fall in the 250-500 million range.

I showed you my receipts. Now show me yours. I'll be waiting
"most likely" is not such a great receipt tbh
iSzegn175shF8.gif

I showed you my receipts. Now show me yours. I'll be waiting
"most likely" is not such a great receipt tbh
iSzegn175shF8.gif

Ignoring the rest of my post just to zoom in on that is incredibly childish.

The sites you posted are not receipts. They are 100% estimations, which is exactly what I am doing. No one knows exactly what someone is worth unless it is a politician who has to report that data and release it publicly.

The only difference between the two is that I do not consider "brand value" in my estimation, because in the case of celebs there is no way to cash that out. A company can sell its name or IP's..... artists (generally) cannot and their value diminishes over time as they retire, which is why including them is incredibly foolish.

However, if you REALLY want me to sit down and pour over their past sales to show you that there is no way they could actually have made 1 billion I will.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Pusher is definitely the highlight of the 20/06 experience, so stan away.

you know its actually Mirrors and I forgot to include Blue Ocean Floor so thats like 5 song I like of the album so far, I still dislike the outros for the most part but w/e once I get the album I can trim it

I'll definitely be here for volume 2
iTcVR1pWTwK7Q.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Young and Beautiful needs to leak like yesterday.
Florence will give me life for now (Which its also one of the best songs of the album with Y&B)

Majmun

However, if you REALLY want me to sit down and pour over their past sales to show you that there is no way they could actually have made 1 billion I will.

Sure <3

Will be hard to track numbers, though, because Bey and Jay were already millionaires during the late 90's.

Bey being successful with DC at that time, and Jay being a popular rapper, even back then.

Matt_

I can wait for the new Lana song, it's less than a week away
And patience will teach me to deal with my faves better
and emphasise with bey stans

Can't believe that only marius commented about news on a new britney track though
how the mighty have fallen

Sure <3

Will be hard to track numbers, though, because Bey and Jay were already millionaires during the late 90's.

Yeah, but minor millionaires. When we are talking in the hundreds of millions of dollars that won't have much impact.

Also, since you have requested it you are NOT allowed to pay the post dust if you are proven wrong. Too much effort will have been expended.

Oh, and a note. At some level you are forced to do estimations. However, I will always estimate in Bey's favor. For example tour grosses.... most artists PROFIT off a tour is less than a quarter of the gross. I will bump that to a third for Bey. I will employ similar methods when looking at album and singles profits. Just so I cannot be accused of Bias.

Edit: I will of course include DC data, but divided by the number her assumed take of 1/3.

DMeisterJ

Banned
you know its actually Mirrors and I forgot to include Blue Ocean Floor so thats like 5 song I like of the album so far, I still dislike the outros for the most part but w/e once I get the album I can trim it

I'll definitely be here for volume 2
iTcVR1pWTwK7Q.gif

The chorus on Mirrors, I cannot

Cause I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that sat in my heart
Is a space that now you hold

Show me how to fight for now
And I'll tell you baby, it was easy
Comin' back into you once I figured it out
You were right here all along

It's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger
With anyone else beside of me

And now it's clear as this promise
That we're making two reflections into one
Cause it's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me, staring back at me

iRAayoD25oWql.gif

Majmun

Yeah, but minor millionaires. When we are talking in the hundreds of millions of dollars that won't have much impact.

Also, since you have requested it you are NOT allowed to pay the post dust if you are proven wrong. Too much effort will have been expended.

Oh, and a note. At some level you are forced to do estimations. However, I will always estimate in Bey's favor. For example tour grosses.... most artists PROFIT off a tour is less than a quarter of the gross. I will bump that to a third for Bey. I will employ similar methods when looking at album and singles profits. Just so I cannot be accused of Bias.

Edit: I will of course include DC data, but divided by the number her assumed take of 1/3.

Sure, I will not ignore your effort. You can try to prove those sites wrong with your estimates.
I'll be here, waiting

ibsFwUUWkTW0SX.gif

Seeing how you changed your avatar, I'll be changing mine too if your estimates are any realistic and complete-ish.

Sure, I will not ignore your effort. You can try to prove those sites wrong with your estimates.
I'll be here, waiting

ibsFwUUWkTW0SX.gif

Seeing how you changed your avatar, I'll be changing mine too if your estimates are any realistic.

Already working on it. Working on albums/singles currently because that is the easy part.

Also.... income taxes hurt.

Edit: Do Bey and Jay Z live in California?

Matt_

every since Kyon left us the Britney stans here having been lackluster

almost embarrassing tbh
ij8AQLhZ8aVzk.gif

Truly disgusting
I await the day robotney comes back and slays their faves like a new terminator model

iKjnTTWA5vVZ9.gif

Couldn't find the right gif, this will have to do.

BTW, is Forbes als a source that works with estimates???

Forbes does estimates. The difference between artist estimates and the others though is that usually there is hard data to go off of with a businessman.

For example. You can know what Steve Jobs salary is because it is released to shareholders, you know what percentage his share in in the company and can calculate its value by the stock price, etc.

None of that applies in the case of artists.

(Also.... are you sure they file taxes in Florida? Most of the info I found online placed Jay-Z in NY/NJ and Bey is registered to vote in TX. So one would assume it would be one of those two places.)

DMeisterJ

Banned
When is Kyon's ban up tho? He's been banned for the last six weeks. o_O

Speaking of MIA posters, I see mumei is paying us dusT. I PM'ed and got no response. hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom