• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misha B has a new song out and it's quite good!

misha-b-heres-to-everything-single-art.jpg

I read that as "miss-hap" and died.

Oop.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tumblr_mkibd9G3SS1rmwg3do2_500.gif

tumblr_mkibd9G3SS1rmwg3do4_500.gif

Hi Gerls,

PopGAF, I am disappoint.

In my extended leave of absence, the greatest girl group of all time broke up, and you scarcely even mentioned it. The only silver lining to this dark cloud is that I got to see them on the iconic and legendary Ten Tour before they left us.

tumblr_mkozrv2oHN1qdzthdo1_500.jpg

iwslQg6BEdslc.gif

To commemorate their passing I have compiled a list of the 10 best Gods Aloud songs, which I will post shortly. You should all listen to it, because it is better than the top 10 lists of your faves by so much that it's almost criminal.

tumblr_mkw56s51lU1qa9n4vo1_250.gif

I missed you cunts.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
GIRLS ALOUD -- THE DEFINITIVE TOP TEN LIST

10. Can't Speak French

9. Untouchable

Girls Aloud released twenty-two singles. Untouchable was the twenty-first, and it's the only single they released that didn't crack the Top 10. That is NOTHING LESS THAN A CRIME AGAINST FLAWLESS MUSIC. Untouchable is the perfect end of night balearic-inspired comedown song.

Best lyric: Without any meaning we're just getting old/Like beautiful robots dancing alone

8. Girl Overboard

It really should have been a single. Hits every classic Girls Aloud moment.

7. Sexy! No no no...

That perfect intro. I cannot.

6. Love Machine

It would be tempting to call this their breakout song, if their first single hadn't been one of the best pop singles of the decade. Even people who claim to hate pop music wont deny their love for Love Machine.

Best lyric: "Let's go eskimo/Out into the blue"

5. No Good Advice

Thumping bassline, bad girl lyrics, perfect incorporation of guitar and electronic sounds, massive sing along verses and chorus, the line "shut your mouth because shit might show" then the line "I don't need no good advice/I'm already wasted". Flaw free.

4. Biology

EVERY TIME I READ ROY GUSH SOME DRIVEL ABOUT MASHING TOGETHER DIFFERENT SOUNDS BEING BAD I WANT TO FORCE HA TO SIT IN A ROOM AND LISTEN TO BIOLOGY UNTIL SHE REPENTS. It's about eight songs in one and it's beyond flaw-free. For most groups this would be the best and most musically exciting song in their discog. For Gods Alouds this is just another day in the office.

3. The Show

NNN THE SYNTH MELODY.

2. Sound of the Underground

One of those special, rare songs that so perfectly sums up an artist that it's difficult to imagine them being the same without it: Crazy In Love, ...Baby One More Time, Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Not Myself Tonight...Sound of the Underground is undoubtedly one of them. It's simply bereft of anything that might be reasonably called a flaw.

1. Something Kinda Ooooh

This track starts out at 11 and never lets up. Another GA song seemingly constructed out of about seven different choruses shoehorned into a single massive Choon. This song is everything that makes Gods Aloud perfect. It's crappy MVs, massive singalongs, perfect infectious songwriting and meticulous production, and that reality TV show where Cheryl Cole throws up in a plant pot onscreen because she's hungover. If you only use one Gods Aloud song, it should be Something Kinda Ooooh.

Honourable mentions:
Wake Me Up, Models, Wild Horses, Swinging London Town, Call The Shots, Close To Love, Control of the Knife, The Promise, Love Is Pain, Graffiti My Soul, Crazy Fool, Hoxton Heroes, Memory of You, Something New.

iwslQg6BEdslc.gif

Your faves stay trying it.

Trigger

I'm slowly listening my way through that Girls Aloud list.

Scooter Braun ‏@scooterbraun 8h

@carlyraejepsen @NICKIMINAJ very excited for the new song! #remix #TonightImGettingOverYou

mBbQg.gif

I suppose it didn't hurt Bieb's Beauty and a Beat....

Majmun

Welcome godels!!!

In my extended leave of absence, the greatest girl group of all time broke up, and you scarcely even mentioned it.

What? I thought the Sugababes were reuniting this year?

Bladenic

Push The Button by the Sugagods >>>>> any Girls Aloud song.

I'm really excited for MKS even though the most iconic Sugababes line up is Heidi, Mutya, and Keisha. But Laying Down in Swimming Pools slayed.

Bladenic

KIIIII

Push The Button isn't even the Sugababes' best song (Round Round/Freak Like Me), but I guess even flops are entitled to their opinions.

Push The Button is an iconic pop classic, a smash hit in multiple countries (when will Locals?) and had an iconic video. These are facts. You will just have to deal, or continue fuming as per.

iFzQhp6JvjlLX.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
7. Sexy! No no no...

That perfect intro. I cannot.

2. Sound of the Underground

One of those special, rare songs that so perfectly sums up an artist that it's difficult to imagine them being the same without it: Crazy In Love, ...Baby One More Time, Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Not Myself Tonight...Sound of the Underground is undoubtedly one of them. It's simply bereft of anything that might be reasonably called a flaw.

1. Something Kinda Ooooh

This track starts out at 11 and never lets up. Another GA song seemingly constructed out of about seven different choruses shoehorned into a single massive Choon. This song is everything that makes Gods Aloud perfect. It's crappy MVs, massive singalongs, perfect infectious songwriting and meticulous production, and that reality TV show where Cheryl Cole throws up in a plant pot onscreen because she's hungover. If you only use one Gods Aloud song, it should be Something Kinda Ooooh.

KIIIII

Push The Button isn't even the Sugababes' best song (Round Round/Freak Like Me), but I guess even flops are entitled to their opinions.

Been back five minutes and already handing out that truth tea.
Flawless opinions
Welcome back!

Soooo good
I was thinking it seemed a bit more subdued than the version in the trailer, but then I plugged in my earphones and good lord!

When Florence brings it, she BRINGS IT

Wonder how the SBTRKT version will sound

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Push The Button is an iconic pop classic, a smash hit in multiple countries (when will Locals?) and had an iconic video. These are facts. You will just have to deal, or continue fuming as per.

iFzQhp6JvjlLX.gif
Two of those things are opinions, but you've never displayed the kind of cognitive ability to recognise the difference between subjectivity and objectivity so I can't exactly say I'm surprised.

The third is as irrelevant now as it always has been. Some of the best pop music in the world never smashed outside of Sweden, and some of the most creatively bankrupt pop music in creation smashes WW (just ask will.i.am).

In future I'd advise you to shut your mouth because shit might show. Bye.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh also I guess it's cool to have completely shitty release scheduling now. Azealia's impacT.

When will Rihanna? Still completely unable to affect the industry's habits despite being the 'queen'.

[edit]I am quite proud that my country has paid Stay the dust it deserves. Aint nobody got time for Rihanna's soulless ballads. More DANCEFLOOR BANGERS please.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
but the UK was one of the first places where Stay slayed.

ioSlho0zcQhIb.gif

I wouldn't exactly call peaking at #4 slaying. I was talking about the fact that it's down to #34 now despite hanging around the top of the Billboard like a bad smell.

Tho I do think it's been on the chart longer in the UK.

I just want more WFL/WHYB/OGITW MASSIVE CLUB CHOONS from Rih.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
but the UK was one of the first places where Stay slayed.

ioSlho0zcQhIb.gif

Didn't even make top 3. Practically a disaster for her.

The more I listen to William - Bang Bang the more i like it

isSxmLAvYIR11.gif

I cannot stop

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
There are only two on Unapologetic and they're both on the weaker side compared to the ones you listed.

I just want this flop era to end. I want her to ditch the 'back with Chris Brown gotta be DARK AND BROODING' PR angle. I want to be up in the club popping my pussy to another Where Have You Been every Friday night.

Bladenic

Two of those things are opinions, but you've never displayed the kind of cognitive ability to recognise the difference between subjectivity and objectivity so I can't exactly say I'm surprised.

The third is as irrelevant now as it always has been. Some of the best pop music in the world never smashed outside of Sweden, and some of the most creatively bankrupt pop music in creation smashes WW (just ask will.i.am).

In future I'd advise you to shut your mouth because shit might show. Bye.

Kiiii not you returning full fuming over anyone who doesn't love Girls Aloud. Subjective, indeed.

e7f7e68390094c358a63dc25a15c2439.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Also I can't believe that there are people in the world who don't love Countdown or Love On Top.

It has been maddening reading all these flop opinions without being able to comment.

royalan

Godel is back. *.*

izkX6vQKckOwr.gif

Sis, I feared for your life and sanity when Girls Aloud broke up.

Hopefully, in this time of darkness, you have taken what little comfort you can in MKS coming to slay. ;___;

DMeisterJ

Banned
Hi gosling *.*

I am quite proud that my country has paid Stay the dust it deserves. Aint nobody got time for Rihanna's soulless ballads. More DANCEFLOOR BANGERS please.

Um, I'd not call going #4 being paid dust. But I guess if it's your mission to come for Rih at every turn, you'd turn a successful song into a flop in your deluded mind.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Godel is back. *.*

izkX6vQKckOwr.gif

Sis, I feared for your life and sanity when Girls Aloud broke up.

Hopefully, in this time of darkness, you have taken what little comfort you can in MKS coming to slay. ;___;

Honestly, I think GA's time was up anyway. I couldn't see them recreating that perfect run of music again. It's better for it to end on a high note than for them to ramble on for a few more years and then be taken out to the knackers yard.

MKS is promising. Lay Down shits. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom