• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Cassie was even rocking that haircut before Skrillex made it a "thing".

She must be seething at all the dust she was paid now that people relate that haircut to Skrillex and Rih more than her. Oop.

Majmun

When the shave style goes wrong:

Rihanna-red-hair-shaved-sides.jpg

ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif
ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif
ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif

Probably the worst fave hairdo I've ever seen .
ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif

Mau ®

I agRIH, Second
ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif

I never liked a single hairstyle from the Rated R era tbh but that red buzz cut was the worsT.

But let's be grateful of the style RIHinvention that followed after

loud-cover1.jpg

310230f4.gif

310230f4.gif
310230f4.gif
310230f4.gif
310230f4.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Loud era >>>>

310230f4.gif
310230f4.gif
310230f4.gif

I was just looking at some pics from that era recently. The videos, the photos, it was such a completE era. I'm kinda ready for her to come back with a "Louder" era and bring back the fire red hair in 2014. But then I kinda want the Loud era to be self-contained and never touched again since it was perfectly handled.

Mau ®

The Loud era >>>>

310230f4.gif
310230f4.gif
310230f4.gif

I was just looking at some pics from that era recently. The videos, the photos, it was such a completE era. I'm kinda ready for her to come back with a "Louder" era and bring back the fire red hair in 2014. But then I kinda want the Loud era to be self-contained and never touched again since it was perfectly handled.

With the success of Unapologetic, I don't think we'll see a LOUD-ish era soon. I think Urban Rih will be the standard Rih for the next few years.

Speaking of urban... rumors (from apparently reliable sources) have surfaced that a Rihanna/Justin Timberlake duet will be included on 20/20 Experience Part II *.*

Majmun

There's a new Kelis track out, godels??????

Copy Cat was the last new Kelis track I've listened to, and it's great.

Edit-

FOUND IT

Edit2-

This SLAYS. Kelis is back
i5w4qyxaBKq5U.gif

Koodo

Banned
All the good costumes are in the interludes and promotional shoots while the actual tour gets clearance Deréon couture.

It's bizarre.

Majmun

All the good costumes are in the interludes and promotional shoots while the actual tour gets clearance Deréon couture.

It's bizarre.

The promo costumes aren't comfortable for performing, because Beyoncé actually dances during her shows. Unlike most of our faves.

DMeisterJ

Banned

It's bizarre.

She has enough time to do photoshoots and commercials and all post for Instagram photos in UPS trucks and no single or album.

Truly bizarre.

Majmun

I have a feeling she's going to release and perform new stuff during the NA tour. Would be a pretty bitchy move tbh. The poor other countries.

The tour will end in september. Don't think she'll release her new album in the fall. But you never know it with her.
ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Do you all think $250 is worth it for tickets to see Pink?

Floor, general admission, at the stage. At the Barclays Center, if that makes a difference to anyone. I haven't been yet.

I have no problem putting it on my credit card. And I do respect her and like her music quite a bit. She's just not someone I would immediately be like "YEAH I'LL SHELL OUT $200+ FOR YOU!" for...

Mau ®

Im not a big fan of P!nk's music but I once saw her Funhouse Tour DVD and its one of the best pop tours I've ever seen.

I'd say the $200 are totally worth it if you like her music.

I have a feeling she's going to release and perform new stuff during the NA tour. Would be a pretty bitchy move tbh. The poor other countries.

The tour will end in september. Don't think she'll release her new album in the fall. But you never know it with her.
ibyuIZ8sbXdVcK.gif

It would probably be best if she waited til the tour is over. She really doesn't wanna give the Royalans of the world any more ammunition. She never said she'd be performing new music, but she's already got folks pressed because they presume, but to release/perform new music halfway through the tour would be shitty.

Majmun

It would probably be best if she waited til the tour is over. She really doesn't wanna give the Royalans of the world any more ammunition. She never said she'd be performing new music, but she's already got folks pressed because they presume, but to release/perform new music halfway through the tour would be shitty.

Yeah, she could wait until the tour is over, release new material and announce another world tour.

I'm starting to think this was her plan all along. The Mrs. Carter Tour seems to be more of a 4 Tour tbh.

Artemisia

Banned
Yeah, she could wait until the tour is over, release new material and announce another world tour.

I'm starting to think this was her plan all along. The Mrs. Carter Tour seems to be more of a 4 Tour tbh.

That would explain the name of the tour. 4 was the first album she put out after she got married to Jay Z, and many of the songs on that record are about their relationship. Having the tour named the Mrs. Carter Show would fall into the 'I'm married and happy about it' theme that's so prevalent on the album.

royalan

So y'all really think that Bey arranged to sing at the inauguration and the Superbowl, inked a 50 million dollar deal with Pepsi AND planed a global world tour for a year where she DIDN'T plan to release a new album?

Silly.

Bladenic

So y'all really think that Bey arranged to sing at the inauguration and the Superbowl, inked a 50 million dollar deal with Pepsi AND planed a global world tour for a year where she DIDN'T plan to release a new album?

Silly.

Didn't one of the people working with her (I want to say either Ne-Yo or The-Dream) say the album was nearly done and a single would drop possibly even before the Superbowl? Yeah...

Artemisia

Banned

Silly.

Sis, it'll still be 2013 when the tour is over.

Sai-kun

Banned
Janelle Monae was INCREDIBLE last night. She played two songs more than she did last weekend, which was awesome. Absolutely amazing energy, and she sings so damn well. Her hair fell down at one point and people went nuts. It was just so awesome.

Today: Jessie Ware, Grimes, James Blake, La Roux! (And more, but those are the ones relevant in here)

royalan

Doesn't change the fact that the release schedule is completely ridiculous.

There is NO chance it was planned this way. Something went awry.

Yep.

I'm telling you, Beyonce tried to release a "4-2" and her label was like "Bitch, what the fuck we look like? Square-Enix? Back to the drawing board with that shit."

It's so obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom