• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mh9rgcPUen1qzpj3eo1_400.gif

Gurls what I miss?

Such random #mess on this page. I understand why the Driptina Menstrualera harpazein are in permanent press laundry setting, but why are the stanbases of two strong, successful women going at it?

"Life With La Toya" Debuts to 1.5 Million Total Viewers

Talk about OWNage. The Jackson ladies REMAIN in great demand.

i27k5hFQnpJWS.gif
I endured the grave misfortune of being forcedT to listen to an interview with her on WBLS about her Lawd-forsaken show. I'd like to say she has a face made for radio, but that would be entirely too kind.

Mau ®

Is this really true though?

Quite a few of the BTW Ball dates in the USA were far from sold out. In fact they had to do desperate price cuts (some tickets went for $5) in order to make the venues look decent.

Gaga's team also never released all the USA BTW Ball figures to Billboard Biz, that way they avoided the EMBARRASMENT of making public the less-than-expected sales for an act like Gaga but also the fact that the $$$ generated was not as impressive as the MB USA shows.

In a lot of the venues Rih has been playing, the "obstructed view" seats have been released (and sold out) due to the great demand.

All dates so far from the DIAMONDS TOUR have been sold out, excluding Seattle, which was around 90-95% capacity.

The numbers don't lie tbh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rih's tour has been quite impressive. Her weakest market and her consistently selling out shows. I'd be mad if I stanned for the other girls too.

botty

Banned
tumblr_mh9rgcPUen1qzpj3eo1_400.gif

Gurls what I miss?

Such random #mess on this page. I understand why the Driptina Menstrualera harpazein are in permanent press laundry setting, but why are the stanbases of two strong, successful women going at it?

Isn't it a bit more fun for stans whose faves are currently "slaying" to go at it? Otherwise you just have people talking about past receipts.

Icicle

I endured the grave misfortune of being forcedT to listen to an interview with her on WBLS about her Lawd-forsaken show. I'd like to say she has a face made for radio, but that would be entirely too kind.

I've never seen Leona interviewed on TV, radio, podcast, local news, or even The Equestrian News. I kii at the irony of you telling someone they have a "face made for radio". I'm sure you're an expert on radio tho; they used to play your music back in 2008.

lwl4.gif

face made for radio, voice made for newspaper !!!!!!!
Wait, this is funny. Is that a quote from somewhere?

Koodo

Banned
The numbers don't lie tbh.
Indeed. The Diamond dates remain with a lesser average gross than Gaga's not-at-capacity and brief North American leg. You surely didn't think I wasn't going to scalp the way you mentioned attendance and not gross?

Dismissed.

I'm not sure where the tea about witholding the gross comes from, considering it's not entirely uncommon for Billboard to take months to post tour grosses, but the prose is giving me pawsdown tumblr teas. SURELY no one has lowered themselves enough to believe that blog, I assumE?

And lastly, what does an "act like Gaga" mean? Four-year old record-breaking act, perhaps. If I recall, Rihanus is the one with an eight-year-long career. Isn't it about time she's grossing more than a cheap hooker? I suppose her tour numbers look impressive compared to Beyonce's thing. Shame that, even with Gaga out of the game due to an injury, there's still P!nk and Squints shitting on her crusty numbers.

Bladenic

Indeed. The Diamond dates remain with a lesser average gross than Gaga's not-at-capacity and brief North American leg. You surely didn't think I wasn't going to scalp the way you mentioned attendance and not gross?

Dismissed.

I'm not sure where the tea about witholding the gross comes from, considering it's not entirely uncommon for Billboard to take months to post tour grosses, but the prose is giving me pawsdown tumblr teas. SURELY no one has lowered themselves enough to believe that blog, I assumE?

And lastly, what does an "act like Gaga" mean? Four-year old record-breaking act, perhaps. If I recall, Rihanus is the one with an eight-year-long career. Isn't it about time she's grossing more than a cheap hooker? I suppose her tour numbers look impressive compared to Beyonce's thing. Shame that, even with Gaga out of the game due to an injury, there's still P!nk and Squints shitting on her crusty numbers.

Do we have any receipts? Is her tour legit slaying WW or is Australia boosting her tour considerably?

Koodo

Banned
Do we have any receipts? Is her tour legit slaying WW or is Australia boosting her tour considerably?
It's practically sold out everywhere and she keeps booking dates like an accountant during tax season. Seems like the final gross will come for everyone bar Madonna.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Gaga's team also never released all the USA BTW Ball figures to Billboard Biz, that way they avoided the EMBARRASMENT of making public the less-than-expected sales for an act like Gaga but also the fact that the $$$ generated was not as impressive as the MB USA shows.
Should that not have been sort of expected though? During the MB, her album/singles were still going strong. She only started the BTWB after that album's cycle had been long finished here in the states.

And let's get real. I really doubt there was anything embarrassing about her US concert sales.

DMeisterJ

Banned
aubreyoday
hey @dawnrichard, we're starting a new verse like....

(from Danity Kane)

lets hope they are writing something like Damage or Ride For You and nothing like Sleep on it

isWs6gau1f7mt.gif

omg omg omg omg omg

Where are Aundrea, D Woods, and Shannon.

I'd die for a DK reunion.

royalan

aubreyoday
hey @dawnrichard, we're starting a new verse like....

(from Danity Kane)

lets hope they are writing something like Damage or Ride For You and nothing like Sleep on it

isWs6gau1f7mt.gif

OMG

DMJ SIS!!!!

THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT!

AUBREY O'SLAY WAS GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO BE SEEN WITH THAT TRIFLIN' HOE DAWN!!!

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

;______;

Bladenic

It's practically sold out everywhere and she keeps booking dates like an accountant during tax season. Seems like the final gross will come for everyone bar Madonna.

Not P!nk clocking everyone out of the game. Is she getting ready for Legend status?

DMeisterJ

Banned
OMG

DMJ SIS!!!!

THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT!

AUBREY O'SLAY WAS GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO BE SEEN WITH THAT TRIFLIN' HOE DAWN!!!

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

;______;

Yes, I'm so glad that Dawn decided to forgive Aubrey for being a hatin ass bitch during the DK days, and to help her on her album since Dawn has actually put one out, while Aubrey hasn't.

Wasnt D Woods against a reunion?

ibdqvbRLCb2IrZ.gif

D Woods probably couldn't get anyone to cover her shifts at Wal-Mart, or she didn't accrue enough vacation time yet at Home Depot. I'm sure she'll change her mind once she gets tired of living paycheck to paycheck.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Not P!nk clocking everyone out of the game. Is she getting ready for Legend status?
Considering that she's still around, that bitch deserves legend status as it is. She came out in the time of pretty, perky pop princesses like Britney and Christina, Mandy Moore and Jessica Simpson. Her image was very much the opposite, and she still lasted. She has also only gotten better with each album (at least in my opinion) and is a top notch live performer.

If I can score tickets to her show in December here in New York, I'm so going.

Icicle

Apparently one of the rumored tracks on ARTPOP is "Burqa".

Janet's impact -- hundreds of news stories and even songs are being written about her rumored conversion to Islam.

Only a QUEEN.

ibqk1fJjgcz1UK.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Apparently one of the rumored tracks on ARTPOP is "Burqa".

Janet's impact -- hundreds of news stories and even songs are being written about her rumored conversion to Islam.

Only a QUEEN.

ibqk1fJjgcz1UK.gif

That track has been rumored since summer of 2012, which I think was well before news of Janet's relationship got out.

Icicle

That track has been rumored since summer of 2012, which I think was well before news of Janet's relationship got out.

Apparently there's a Lady Gaga Wikia. DEATH.

On the page for ARTPOP, it says that Gaga tweeted that she had been been listening to "**rq* all day" (October 29th, 2012), which the Monsters speculate to be "Burqa".

The floodgates of baseless speculation about Janet's religion, marital status, career, etc. had already opened when the National Enquirer ran a story about Janet converting to Islam on October 2nd, 2012.

Their 'proof' included a "exclusive" anonymous source (of course), a 2010 TV interview with a Turkish network in which Adnan Oktar (seriously, take a look at this guy's Wikipedia page. Lunatic), despite never having met either Janet or Michael, insisted they were both Muslims, and this outfit Janet wore in December of 2011.

OqW9oY0.jpg

Following the National Enquirer's cue, within days articles like this one began surfacing all over the internet (I challenge anyone to read this article in its entirety and not be offended) , written by the notorious Islamophobe (to put it lightly), Debbie Schlussel (check out her Wikipedia too, it might just be worse). Over time, various news outlets, blogs, forum-goers, and everything in between have come to not only believe this rumor as fact, but go out of their way to misinform others as well. As people, we conflate fact and information we know to be untrue all too well, especially as time passes.

Will Janet EVER receive fair treatment from the media? It's not right... Bey should be in her place...

i20Nm7VQ0ZFmR.gif

I know Gaga's song is not about Janet, I just wanted to prove that the dates line up! Then I got a bit sidetracked... I wonder what Burqa is really about, if it still exists, or if it was even "Burqa" in the first place.

Bye. Lana's US presence landed her a lead single for a highly anticipated movie. She has more presence now than that machine girl who sang about dogs.

These blatant lies. Florence recently had a top 20 single in the US (top 10 on radio) in the last month. When will Local Del Zzzzzz's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom