• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
30543_449462071812280_778803997_n.jpg

interesting
imgoE7juFlSvV.gif

botty

Banned
I think she looks extremely sexy. Much sexier than Bey, Britney, and the like.

I was being sarcastic. There are a few dried up cunTs around here who try to act like she hasn't been super skinny for most of her career, while their faves continue to look like the third trimester abortion of a disease-ridden crack whore.

I agree, Xtina is perfect for a role on Girls.

I was talking about Miguel, but a cameo on a hip television show would be nice, too.

Bladenic

I was being sarcastic. There are a few dried up cunTs around here who try to act like she hasn't been super skinny for most of her career, while their faves continue to look like the third trimester abortion of a disease-ridden crack whore.

I was talking about Miguel, but a cameo on a hip television show would be nice, too.

I know.

botty

Banned
The go-to excuse for 100% of flop artists.

It is never the artist or the music. It's the damn labels fault!

Well, promo was always the reason I said things went south for Lotus. I don't think anyone ever blamed her weight, or anything else. RCA definitely didn't promote the album well, and you can compare Lotus's promo with Justin's promo to see how vastly different it was. But Royalan and I had said on several occasions Xtina was also to blame for the era being so empty and lackluster: no true performance of the first single, not putting more effort behind "Just a Fool" (no video, only two performances). She also made weird choices during her performances, which made the era so non-cohesive.

But going back to what you said, there are definitely some occasions where the label is at fault for the artist flopping.

Well, promo was always the reason I said things went south for Lotus. I don't think anyone ever blamed her weight, or anything else. RCA definitely didn't promote the album well, and you can compare Lotus's promo with Justin's promo to see how vastly different it was. But Royalan and I had said on several occasions Xtina was also to blame for the era being so empty and lackluster: no true performance of the first single, not putting more effort behind "Just a Fool" (no video, only two performances). She also made weird choices during her performances, which made the era so non-cohesive.

But going back to what you said, there are definitely some occasions where the label is at fault for the artist flopping.

Sure there are times, but I think people use it far too often.

For one..... I don't think the label had anything to do with Bionic flopping at all. It was 100% her music/image.

With Lotus I do believe the label played a part, but it was not the only factor since I didn't find that album to be all the inspired or unique, which you NEED to be to come back from a flop.

botty

Banned
Sure there are times, but I think people use it far too often.

For one..... I don't think the label had anything to do with Bionic flopping at all. It was 100% her music/image.

With Lotus I do believe the label played a part, but it was not the only factor since I didn't find that album to be all the inspired or unique, which you NEED to be to come back from a flop.

I can't disagree with this.

Christina looks great.. but does she think Lotus doesn't exist?

I'm pretty sure she stopped caring about Lotus after it released.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
^--- What the fuck is that? Are you two trying to go for the Tiniest GIF Award?

I'm pretty sure she stopped caring about Lotus after it released.
After? She clearly stopped caring about it before.

I bet she's having to shape up some now that she doesn't have her steady paycheck coming in from The Voice. After two flop albums, she probably can't afford another. I hope she (and her label, because I do fault them somewhat) wises up for her next release.

botty

Banned
After? She clearly stopped caring about it before.

I bet she's having to shape up some now that she doesn't have her steady paycheck coming in from The Voice. After two flop albums, she probably can't afford another. I hope she (and her label, because I do fault them somewhat) wises up for her next release.

I think she has enough money where having a flop album doesn't really matter to her anymore. What I do want to see from her is to release another concept album, like Stripped and Back 2 Basics. I didn't even like Back 2 Basics, but I can respect the artistic concepts behind it, and how cohesive it was as an era.

tumblr_mj09f8qL6n1rp25b8o1_100.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I think she has enough money where having a flop album doesn't really matter to her anymore. What I do want to see from her is to release another concept album, like Stripped and Back 2 Basics. I didn't even like Back 2 Basics, but I can respect the artistic concepts behind it, and how cohesive it was as an era.

tumblr_mj09f8qL6n1rp25b8o1_100.gif
Does she though? I'm genuinely asking; I don't know. How much did she make the past couple years...without her paycheck from The Voice? A lot of celebrities are terrible with money. You may very well be right, but I won't be shocked if she's suddenly selling her house in the near future.

Also, how many more albums is she contracted for? It'll be interesting to see if RCA keeps her should another album or two fail.

That's still too big. Try harder. Be better.

botty

Banned
People are using that Fantasia song because it's a reductive Beez in the Trap, right?

Does she though? I'm genuinely asking; I don't know. How much did she make the past couple years...without her paycheck from The Voice? A lot of celebrities are terrible with money. You may very well be right, but I won't be shocked if she's suddenly selling her house in the near future.

Also, how many more albums is she contracted for? It'll be interesting to see if RCA keeps her should another album or two fail.

Most sites put her networth around 80+ million. She was the highest paid judge on The Voice, making around 11+ million per season (3 seasons = at least 30 million). She just recently purchased a new home, too.

There is a rumor that she is finished with RCA after Lotus, and with her hinting at projects in the work... we'll see what happens soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom