• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
did he lie tho?

Her last album is the textbook definition of filler though. Boring lyrics, no vocal variety, and an unimaginative use of sampling. And it's long as fuck jesus christ. Unapologetic is trash.

Yes. He said that they just have her singing over dance tracks, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Fey

Banned
Sph!ncter can't replace Godney if Godney already left on her own terms and bled that sinking ship for all it's WORTH. The only thing Sph!ncter is replacing will be the SEPTIC FECAL MATTER SOLUTION left by Demon and her newfound SUCCESS all the while St!nk remains a local in Australia. The only one replacing Godney is Demon. Atleast she MATTERS now
c3ed7b23.gif

Post is very much INSPIRED by Koodo's oh so PRISTINE and INTELLECTUAL way of dragging

yass get that foul stench outta here
PBJvMmR.gif

Mau ®

I don't like P!nk's music outside of a few songs. I could swear she releases the same album everytime and she never changes things up. Not that it matters as the public seems to like her consistency.

Nonetheless, of all the pop girls that were out during that timeframe (Britney, Bey, Xtina) P!nk has been the one that has consistently achieved more hits, better sales and better touring gross despite being the "forgettable" one (according to pop aficionados, not the public).

Kyon

Banned
I think the hypocr!Te should be DEPORTED to Australia where they actually want the trash. It'd be great for her career (honestly) and for me. I can still smell her from my room tho

imHWDktp1Kdom.gif

P!nk is the cockroach of the pop world. Through the public comebacks, the breakdowns, the Bionics... P!nk has managed to survive and thrive consistently under the surface and off the radar. It's how she's made it so many years without extinction, and she'll likely stay pretty much exactly as she is now 10 or 15 more years down the line. Nobody's ever tired of her because they forget about her until the next single comes along, and then she slays faves effortlessly.

I love her. ;_;

Meh.

P!NK's songs have been repetitive for sure.... especially her uptempo tracks. They are SO good at what they do though.

I personally prefer he mid/slow tempo tracks. JGMAR is damn flawless and and I still use Who Knew regularly. I don't think she has earned the hate she gets.

Artemisia

Banned
I don't like P!nk's music outside of a few songs. I could swear she releases the same album everytime and she never changes things up. Not that it matters as the public seems to like her consistency.

P!nk's sound changed after her third album, I believe. At first she had some urban and R&B influence in her music. Then she started to work with Dr. Luke and she shifted all the way over to pop.

royalan

TTAL was the first P!nk album where I didn't enjoy a single track.

She found a shtick that works 2 albums ago and she's just running it into the dirt now. She's not even pretending to try and keep it fresh. A literal rinse and repeat.

Kyon

Banned
TTAL was the first P!nk album where I didn't enjoy a single track.

She found a shtick that works 2 albums ago and she's just running it into the dirt now. She's not even pretending to try and keep it fresh. A literal rinse and repeat.

Sober SLAYED my life tho and U + Ur Hand lets not forget Mizunderstood was just... I miss R&B/Punk P!nk, this new bitch is an abomination

Bladenic

Pink has some jams, and she's the only one from Lady Marmalade who is still relevant or who the public even remembers. Her album sales are always solid and have long lasting appeal too.

Fey

Banned
Meh.

P!NK's songs have been repetitive for sure.... especially her uptempo tracks. They are SO good at what they do though.

I personally prefer he mid/slow tempo tracks. JGMAR is damn flawless and and I still use Who Knew regularly. I don't think she has earned the hate she gets.

hmmmm thinking about it, i think i'm the same way. who knew gets played a lot here for a song that's like 5-6 years old and i still enjoy it. hatehatehate her uptempo songs. you can listen to one and you've listened to them all.

pink just irks me now because her voice sounds like adam lambert's and her "i'm so fuckin tough + out there" attitude is annoying

IFPI Digital Music Report 2013

Global top selling digital singles of 2012

1 CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe 12.5M
2 GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know 11.8M
3 PSY - Gangnam Style 9.7M
4 FUN - We Are Young 9.6M
5 MAROON 5 - Payphone 9.1M
6 MICHEL TELÓ - Ai se eu te pego 7.2M
7 NICKI MINAJ - Starships 7.2M
8 MAROON 5 - One More Night 6.9M
9 FLO RIDA - Whistle 6.6M
10 FLO RIDA - Wild Ones 6.5M

Global top selling albums of 2012

1 ADELE - 21 8.3M
2 TAYLOR SWIFT - Red 5.2M
3 ONE DIRECTION - Up All Night 4.5M
4 ONE DIRECTION - Take Me Home 4.4M
5 LANA DEL REY - Born To Die 3.4M
6 P!NK - The Truth About Love 2.6M
7 ROD STEWART - Merry Christmas, Baby 2.6M
8 RIHANNA - Unapologetic 2.3M
9 MUMFORD & SONS - Babel 2.3M
10 MAROON 5 - Overexpeosed 2.2M

Missed this earlier.

Will be hilarious if Adele is #1 again this year. Gaga is probably her biggest competitor. One Direction will but up there again for sure.

12+ million for Call Me Maybe makes me a bit sick.

hmmmm thinking about it, i think i'm the same way. who knew gets played a lot here for a song that's like 5-6 years old and i still enjoy it. hatehatehate her uptempo songs. you can listen to one and you've listened to them all.

pink just irks me now because her voice sounds like adam lambert's and her "i'm so fuckin tough + out there" attitude is annoying

Lol yeah. Her attitude has improved greatly in recent years which has made me warm up to her. I enjoy her voice though.

I agree on her uptempo tracks. So What and Blow Me are virtually identical.

royalan

Sober SLAYED my life tho and U + Ur Hand lets not forget Mizunderstood was just... I miss R&B/Punk P!nk, this new bitch is an abomination

I agree, Sis. "Who Knew" is my favorite song by her.

I was here for her formula once upon a time. But I'm just not hearing any growth and her sound is so stale now.

I agree, Sis. "Who Knew" is my favorite song by her.

I was here for her formula once upon a time. But I'm just not hearing any growth and her sound is so stale now.

I think its pretty clear at this point that her music is just a tool that she uses to promote her blockbuster tours. She has definitely stalled out artistically (though I do like a handful of tracks from TTAL).

Lol, Miguel is so desperate he uses praise from someone who doesn't know him. Meanwhile, Kelly is so desperate she wants to collab with someone she doesn't know. A perfect match. RIP RIP RIP

Fey

Banned
Why does McDonalds have a Fergalicious parody ad airing in 2013?!

ew not only are they in the wrong decade, but they parodied something that itself parodied/copied charlie and the chocolate factory? you'd think with the millions kelly and xtina are spending on them they'd have sharper minds.

Trigger

ew not only are they in the wrong decade, but they parodied something that itself parodied/copied charlie and the chocolate factory? you'd think with the millions kelly and xtina are spending on them they'd have sharper minds.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggh

Fey

Banned
nnnnnnnn and with the millions Madonna spends on Metamucil it's mind-boggling how MDNA is so full of shit.

kiiiiiiiiii i lol'd

but i am surprised mcdonalds didn't use catch my breath instead, since kelly seems to have written it about her hourly walks to mcds

Catch my breath, no one can hold me back,
I ain't got time for that
Catch my breath, won't let them get me down,
It's all so simple now

Addicted to the love I found
Heavy heart, now a weightless cloud
Making time for the ones that count

l4kYxWQ.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
tmz said:
Chris Brown is calling the infamous Rihanna beating in 2009 the "deepest regret of my life, the biggest mistake."

Brown told the UK Mirror, "Sometimes you row, you fight, with the one you love and things get said, stuff spirals."

He added, "But she loves me -- what can I say? I’m forgiven ... but, yes, I worked hard for it.”

You'll recall, Brown infamously brutalized Rihanna on the night of the Grammys back in 2009. He pled "guilty" to felony assault following the incident and was sentenced to probation and community service. He and Rihanna are now officially back together.

As for Seth MacFarlane's CB/Rihanna jab during the Oscars -- Brown said, "People attack me and criticise me, it happens all the time ... But they don’t know me, and they don’t know us. It doesn’t bother me any more ... Other people can judge us but they don’t know anything."

x

I C

Nemesis_

ATTRACTING FLIES IS SO AMAZING

i6ueNpgbRV3xW.gif

OMG

iIXh8OfR9dEBO.gif

WE ARE NOT WORTHY

ij1Wp4WqUGXmW.gif

BEEP BOO BOOP BEEP BOO BOOP BEEP BOO BOOP BEEP BOO BOOP BEEP BOO BOOP BEEP BOO BOOP BEEP BOO BOOP BEEP BOO BOOPv BEEP BOO BOOP

ibfrD7fMzpMYUO.gif
ibfrD7fMzpMYUO.gif
ibfrD7fMzpMYUO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom