• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

That was actually really cool. Only thing that she needs to get over is being called cute, that's a compliment imo. The rest, though, good for her.

Sai-kun

Banned
grimes owns and performs excellently and i'm sad/excited that visions era is over. would have liked to see her one more time in a smaller setting.

Majmun

Yeah, Grimes is amazing. I love her interviews. She's so cute.

I started to listen to her debut album, HALFAXA, the other day. What kind of ear raping shit? Visions is totally different and I hope the new album sounds more like that.

Bladenic

Yeah, Grimes is amazing. I love her interviews. She's so cute.

I started to listen to her debut album, HALFAXA, the other day. What kind of ear raping shit? Visions is totally different and I hope the new album sounds more like that.

Grimes must be fuming right now.

Majmun

I think Grimes just needs to adjust to all these compliments. People who won't accept compliments have usually very low self esteem and think that people are just lying. They feel threatened and provoked. It's just an inner conflict that she needs to sort out. Definitely not a hot look.

Grimes is cute and waifu material. No lies were told. Deal with it, sexy Grimes.

Bladenic

Cute is fine, but "waifu" is a despicable term employed by anime nerd neckbeards with no actual real life female contact. Grimes should totally be against that awful term. I assume she meant "waifu" when she actually used "waif." Not sure who thinks Grimes is a homeless person needing assistance, but then who knows in this day and age...

Fey

Banned
Grimes is just

ib1T1SfjbyQnd8.gif

She likes Game of Thrones, Enya, Zelda, Harry Potter and who knows what other flawless things. She is a gift from heaven. *O*

Sai-kun

Banned
Cute is fine, but "waifu" is a despicable term employed by anime nerd neckbeards with no actual real life female contact. Grimes should totally be against that awful term. I assume she meant "waifu" when she actually used "waif." Not sure who thinks Grimes is a homeless person needing assistance, but then who knows in this day and age...

see:

I’m tired of men who aren’t professional or even accomplished musicians continually offering to ‘help me out’ (without being asked), as if i did this by accident and i’m gonna flounder without them. or as if the fact that I’m a woman makes me incapable of using technology. I have never seen this kind of thing happen to any of my male peers

whoever these people are, they're fucking dumb lol

Mau ®

Grimes was at festival around here about a year ago.

Apparently she threw a tantrum when her computer wouldnt play a song's instrumental. She restarted the song 5 times.

She's cute.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think Grimes just needs to adjust to all these compliments. People who won't accept compliments have usually very low self esteem and think that people are just lying. They feel threatened and provoked. It's just an inner conflict that she needs to sort out. Definitely not a hot look.

Grimes is cute and waifu material. No lies were told. Deal with it, sexy Grimes.
I can understand her though. She's making very good, very interesting art and then people turn around and say 'she looks nice'. It's kind of demeaning and dismissive of the actual work.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Will your faves ever come near that title?

I don't think so
iJ7wp8NfvSSfW.gif
Cher is the Goddess of Pop. (check wiki if u must)

Seethe while you settle for Queen

If u need Queen. Cher has the Twitter crown.(check posts and get yo life)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Cher is the Goddess of Pop. (check wiki if u must)

Seethe while you settle for Queen

If u need Queen. Cher has the Twitter crown.(check posts and get yo life)
Cher has conquered, what, six decades in a row? And she's coming for her seventh? I really doubt anyone is going to try and come for her. Calm down. She's sort of exempt from...everything.

Fey

Banned
Cher has conquered, what, six decades in a row? And she's coming for her seventh? I really doubt anyone is going to try and come for her. Calm down. She's sort of exempt from...everything.

What did Cher do in 2000s that can be considered conquering?

Wednesday Chinese club update. I'm kinda tipsy hut I was slaying the dance floor to Kelly Clarkson caching my breath. Slaaaaay she is the best. Them Chinese was slayed by my moves. Slaaaaay

FUCK YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Eat that second #2 peak PSY!

So much for the propaganda about how the new streaming rule would kill the chart.

"Just Give Me a Reason" logs a second week at No. 1, while PSY sends his newest viral, and sales, hit, "Gentleman," into the top tier

ibxUBMc3Erc6k.gif

1. P!nk f/ Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason" (=)
2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us" (+3)
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Wanz, "Thrift Shop" (-1)
4. Bruno Mars, "When I Was Your Man" (-1)
5. PSY, "Gentleman" (+7)
6. Rihanna f/ Mikky Ekko, "Stay" (-2)
7. Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors" (=)
8. Justin Timberlake f/ Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie" (-1)
9. Pitbull f/ Christina Aguilera, "Feel This Moment" (-1)
10. Drake, "Started From The Bottom" (-1)
20. Daft Punk f/ Pharrell Williams, "Get Lucky" (HOT SHOT DEBUT)

Edit: damn dp

Cynosure

ibbFjekXBXyJNf.gif

the Xtina snub was predictable.
at least popgaf's other fixation, goddess Rihanna, got something

Good. Lastinline won the first round.

You missed out on the JT round, but I am dropping the 2 worst predictions for everyone so it is no big deal.

Here is the link to the rules post/current predictions.

If you want to make predictions for the other categories you can post or pm them.

Gaga: 940k
Broken Spearit: 30k

Majmun

in "Leading Women"

Every time you see Beyonce, every time you hear Beyonce, you're expecting to see or hear the best thing you've ever seen or heard, you know from a female artist standpoint,"

Beyonce is also a business and a brand. From music to film, fashion endorsements and more, how a hair dresser's daughter from Houston, Texas became one of the most powerful and inspirational women in entertainment. Where she is now is on the Forbes list of the world's most powerful women with her own fashion line plus multimillion dollar endorsement deals for everything from perfume to Pepsi, her influence spreads beyond her music
Beyonce's impact on pop culture, you know, not just within the music industry but in the -- I think in terms of the beauty industry I think in terms of fashion, she's becoming really the poster child in terms of her brand being so well rounded

LINK

All this momentum. She's getting universal praise all across the globe. Bey needs to drop the single already.

botty

Banned
Beyonce looks really good in those photos. Millions of dollars in promo and still no single. The life of a Beyonce stan must be so conflicting.

itFaN4VZC64F2.gif

CRS

Never knew Andre 3000 worked with Beyonce on the Gatsby OST.

I guess 3000 is keeping up his trend of giving shit verses for shit artists.

Edit: Man, why couldn't The xx make their latest album more like Together and Sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom