• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

Sometimes it takes a real man to keep the trash out.

As long as we don't have someone who has discharge leaking down the charts, then I am fine.

ibbsNNcmbggMyw.gif

Mau ®

Rihanna has become the first human to achieve 70 million likes on Facebook.

Rihanna has become the first human to reach the 70million ‘likes’ landmark on Facebook.
After smashing through the barrier earlier this afternoon, at the time of writing the Bajan superstar has a humungous 70,007,665 fans on the social networking site.

Her Facebook army is almost half a million bigger than her nearest celebrity rival Eminem who’s in second spot with 69,533,297 likes.
Owing to her huge international following, Shakira is currently third with 64,073,289 likes, Lady Gaga is fourth with 56,848,240 fans and Justin Bieber completes the top five with 52,945,589.
The late Michael Jackson is the top deceased celebrity with over 58million likes.
Despite Rihanna’s Facebook dominance, interestingly she’s only the fifth most popular person on Twitter with 29million followers.
Justin Bieber rules the roost on Twitter with over 38million Beliebers following his every Tweet. Previous Twitter leader Lady Gaga slipped to second spot last year and currently has 36.5million fans.
Serial Tweeter Katy Perry is third with 35.5million and US President Barack Obama is fourth with 30.5million followers.
However, with a combined Facebook and Twitter tally of 99,363,696, Rihanna is the undisputed Queen of social media – for now at least!

Rihanna, her social media prowess
f58a8b71.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bieber has a lot of fake Twitter followers tho. Twitter just clocked him for like a million of them recently. Like when Bieber also had a lot of fake Vevo views. (Rih has the most views on her VEVO as welL)

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ke*ha and Xtuna are the only two high-profile releases that came out in Q3 that are no longer charting on the BB200 Albums. Tay/1D/Homewrecker/Rih/Bruno/etc. are all still charting, while the former two are nowhere to be seen. When they fell off the charts, they were in a race to see which album would cross 300k first.

ibbsNNcmbggMyw.gif

botty

Banned
Stefan™;55448152 said:
Cockblocked by Shitbull while being drowned in Xtincta's discharge, no wonder it's flopping. Those two are the worst infestation on the chart atm.

ibbsNNcmbggMyw.gif

There are several songs in between Shitbull and Taylor. Including Selener and Demi. She should have released State of Grace as a single.

ibkJbnJt1N4h9x.gif

Artemisia

Banned
State of Grace is too long for radio. Not here for that immaculate song that needs to be taken in fully cut up into an under 4 minutes mess.

Styles

You guys need to listen to the instrumental of "State of Grace" and appreciate it, tbh. When will your faves compose and co-produce such a flawless hymN?

Mau ®

The webmaster of Britney's biggest fansite rihvealed what most know Britney's next album (it's more urban and hip hop influenced) but he also said:

And get this, she initially started the demo requesting process with inspiration from Rihanna's "Diamonds," but knows if she wants her own unique hit she'll have to create the trends, not follow them.

Rihanna, her impacT.
f58a8b71.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sia's first #1 was actually Titanium tho, in the world's most influential & important music chart. It was also her first truly global smash.

Sia, her impact.
f58a8b71.gif

Rihanna playing catchup and tag-along, like with Kelis & Calvis before.
f58a8b71.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
Charli XCX's album totally shits. Mehrina and the Cubic Zirconias needs to take several seats, she's been punched out of her own game.

seriously dude?

lmao

almost everything past grins is just one big heap of...nothing.

it's a damn shame that all the good tracks have been floating around since 2011, as well.

True Romance is just a really mediocre album, where half the music is actually pretty good, but the other half is just a blur of averageness/awfulness, much like Halcyon.

Except in this case, Charli did us the favor of putting the best songs at the front of the album, so i don't even have to skip past things like I did with Halcyon. (except for You hahaha because that song's trash).

edit: and as much as I like electra heart, i can see/hear all its flaws, and even though it has a lot of them, at least it manages to be interesting. true romance doesn't even have that.

P4k said:
And then there's "Cloud Aura", a lovelorn, engagingly laid-back bit of groove that lets Grimes' "Genesis" video co-star Brooke Candy rap horribly about Chris Brown. Candy's guest verse previously appeared on 2012's uneven Super Ultra mixtape, and it was near-universally panned. It isn't any better now. But in an era when too many up-and-comers are all too eager to please, this stubborn refusal to back down displays another quality in short supply: genuine irreverence.

aka "we won't hold this shitty song against her, because everyone already said it was shitty and she put it on there anyway, isn't that brave"

Bladenic

seriously dude?

lmao

it's a damn shame that all the good tracks have been floating around since 2011, as well.

True Romance is just a really mediocre album, where half the music is actually pretty good, but the other half is just a blur of averageness/awfulness, much like Halcyon.

Except in this case, Charli did us the favor of putting the best songs at the front of the album, so i don't even have to skip past things like I did with Halcyon. (except for You hahaha because that song's trash).

edit: and as much as I like electra heart, i can see/hear all its flaws, and even though it has a lot of them, at least it manages to be interesting. true romance doesn't even have that.

Youindangergirl.gif

PG stans for that song really hard tbh.

royalan

seriously dude?

lmao

Agreed.

Personally never got the Charlie Xbox hype. She mediocre at BEST.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
seriously dude?

lmao

m3USqiu.png

fRdexO5.png

Metacritic is incapable of lies. Mehrina is scalpT, you will deal.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sia's first #1 was actually Titanium tho, in the world's most influential & important music chart. It was also her first truly global smash.

Sia, her impact.
f58a8b71.gif

Rihanna playing catchup and tag-along, like with Kelis & Calvis before.
f58a8b71.gif

Oh, #1 in the UK

I was talking about the US. The same place that Titanium only went #7 while Diamonds topped both countries, and was her first #1, in the US.

f58a8b71.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom