• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh, #1 in the UK

I was talking about the US. The same place that Titanium only went #7 while Diamonds topped both countries, and was her first #1, in the US.

f58a8b71.gif

Ignoring the fact that Titanium was a truly global smash I see.
f58a8b71.gif

And that the UK chart is far superior to the Dullboard 100.
f58a8b71.gif

Not to mention that Titanium is a better song.
f58a8b71.gif

Chris Brown still gets top smashes in the UK. It is automatically disqualified from being superior.

Mhmmm

Really the only major difference between the UK and US charts is that the setup, which includes airplay, of Billboard makes it harder to be a "flash in the pan" #1 with first week sales.

Bladenic

Kill and Run is amazing. I cannot with Lana, Sia, and Florence delivering such amazing songs from the OST. No doubt they released the best songs to get people to buy it, not shit like Back to (being) Black feat. some rapper because this song definitely needed a rapper.

flip9nyo3.gif

Not you thinking "Diamonds" wasnt a Global smash.

...but Titanium was a bigger smash. Diamonds may have peaked higher, but it didn't have a whole lot of sales legs. In fact..... Diamonds was one of the lowest selling #1's of the whole year.

Edit: Actually it was THE lowest selling #1 of the year.

Titanium:
M7vnCFb.jpg

Diamonds:
sa1Dm1h.jpg

Bladenic

...but Titanium was a bigger smash. Diamonds may have peaked higher, but it didn't have a whole lot of sales legs. In fact..... Diamonds was one of the lowest selling #1's of the whole year.

Titanium:
M7vnCFb.jpg

Diamonds:
sa1Dm1h.jpg

I see Diamonds selling more in Romania. True global smash. Titanium tried.

flip9nyo3.gif

Dalmunds in da skeeyy... still a bop

Standing on the Sun sounds great but I'm still perchedT mostly for Grown Woman. Dat beat. Dat choreo. Dat hook. I neeeeeed it.

royalan

Kill and Run is amazing. I cannot with Lana, Sia, and Florence delivering such amazing songs from the OST. No doubt they released the best songs to get people to buy it, not shit like Back to (being) Black feat. some rapper because this song definitely needed a rapper.

flip9nyo3.gif

Right!?

I mean, really...HEW listened to Back To Black and thought, "You know what this needs? A rap verse...from Andre 3000..."

Just utter shit.

Sia>Lana>>>>Florence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beyonce

As far as the Gatsby soundtrack goes.

Majmun

Titanium:
M7vnCFb.jpg

Diamonds:
sa1Dm1h.jpg

These receipts

ibpXAcMlAGOMsQ.gif

Never thought that Titanium was a bigger hit, tbh.

Mau ®

Ignoring the fact that Titanium was a truly global smash I see.
f58a8b71.gif

And that the UK chart is far superior to the Dullboard 100.
f58a8b71.gif

Not to mention that Titanium is a better song.
f58a8b71.gif

The UK is the 4th biggest market in the world and the US is the first (or second, depending who you trust) so it's clear which chart matter the most.
f58a8b71.gif

In any case, Diamonds was a smash not only in both charts but also in Germany (3rd biggest market) where it spent 8 weeks at #1
f58a8b71.gif

While its true that Sia's first big ww break was Titanium, "Diamonds" marks is the first precedent of a Sia penned tune (on which she's not featured) that achieves global success WW. She's written for quite a few pop stars in the past and those tracks did not make even 1/50th of the success Diamonds had
f58a8b71.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The UK is the 4th biggest market in the world and the US is the first (or second, depending who you trust) so it's clear which chart matter the most.
f58a8b71.gif

In any case, Diamonds was a smash not only in both charts but also in Germany (3rd biggest market) where it spent 8 weeks at #1
f58a8b71.gif

While its true that Sia's first big ww break was Titanium, "Diamonds" marks is the first precedent of a Sia penned tune (on which she's not featured) that achieves global success WW. She's written for quite a few pop stars in the past and those tracks did not make even 1/50th of the success Diamonds had
f58a8b71.gif
Look at the trend-setting smashes of the UK chart and tell me with a straight face that Billboard is the most relevant. Stay is still top 10 in the US, in the UK it has been removed and replaced with far more relevant bops.

Moreover as the navy is fond of telling us, the UK stans Rih so it is only logical that Rih would stay percheD looking at UK chart trends to see what to do there for her next smash.

The fact is and will remain that the impacT is Sia's.
f58a8b71.gif

No surprises that the Beyoncésque #NVAY would try and steal another artist's impacT to attribute it to Rih's. They tried it with the Pour it Up remix (Godney's impact) and with We Found Love (Kelis' impact) too.

Majmun

I still haven't listened to a Sia album. To be totally honest, I've only listened to one track of hers - Titanium.

Her voice just doesn't click with me.

royalan

Breathe Me predates Xtuba's work with Sia and shits on it.

Gerl staph with your delusions. Titanium was a bigger smash and you will deal.

Bless Xtina for knowing that Breathe Me was more than "that song that plays at the end of the Six Feet Under finale" and introduced ha to the industry.

ibd2jlKyX0zdzE.gif

I still haven't listened to a Sia album. To be totally honest, I've only listened to one track of hers - Titanium.

;___;

We'll have to have a listening party one of these days...in private.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

To be fair if you were going to listen to a Sia-penned track it should be Titanium. One of the best pop songs in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom