• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Breathe Me predates Xtuba's work with Sia and shits on it.

Gerl staph with your delusions. Titanium was a bigger smash and you will deal.

You would stan for things of the LOCAL nature. Breathe Me is a good song, but Xtina is the first high profile person Sia worked with before she became a hot commodity. Even Flo Rida is more responsible for Sia's relevance, considering Wild Ones charted higher than Titanium in the US.

You are correct in accordance with her over the seas impact, though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You bitch.
f58a8b71.gif

Thanks honey!
f58a8b71.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You would stan for things of the LOCAL nature. Breathe Me is a good song, but Xtina is the first high profile person Sia worked with before she became a hot commodity. Even Flo Rida is more responsible for Sia's relevance, considering Wild Ones charted higher than Titanium in the US.

You are correct in accordance with her over the seas impact, though.
Bionic era Xtuba...'high profile'...

Stahp.

Majmun

;___;

We'll have to have a listening party one of these days...in private.

I don't think I'll like her music. We could do other things.......like watch Game of Thrones, have discussions about Beyoncé and rnb/soul music and other stuff *.*

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It just occurred to me that since Diamonds was penned by Sia, and Sia's first smash was Titanium, and Titanium was with David Guetta, that means that Diamonds' impacT is actually attributable to...

...Kelegendria Rowland.

tumblr_mbu04bCING1rii14oo1_500.gif

Her impacT
f58a8b71.gif

Majmun

But Bey's background singer would've never become famous without the help of Beyoncé.

Bey's impact is felt all across the music industry
iO7CWpouWko1q.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
And Beyonce would have never become famous if Destiny's Child didn't open up for Xtina's tour.

ibd2jlKyX0zdzE.gif

But if Xtuba had never bribed her way to a Grammy over the more successful, deserving and famous Godney she would never have been famous.

Even then she barely is.
f58a8b71.gif

Godney's impacT.
f58a8b71.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Wasn't really feeling that Sia Gatsby track, but that last minute could possibly rival the final minute of MTN for finishing out a song, God damn!

And I don't know why you're trying to attribute her success to various artists.
She's hardly had any success of her own to fight over

botty

Banned
But if Xtuba had never bribed her way to a Grammy over the more successful, deserving and famous Godney she would never have been famous.

Even then she barely is.
f58a8b71.gif

Godney's impacT.
f58a8b71.gif

How perfect for you to not include the word "talent" in there. I suppose we aren't being completely delusional here.

iwWBptYt4UyWf.gif

I still can't believe this happened. Maybe that's why Bey fired her dad in the end.

I mean, look at Bey and Xtina NOW

Yes, look at Bey without daddy Knowles.

Beyoncé_-_4.png

DMeisterJ

Banned

Even then she barely is.
f58a8b71.gif

Godney's impacT.
f58a8b71.gif

It ALWAYS leads back to GODNEY.

Our faves tried it.

GODNEY influenced Rihanna and made "Diamonds" happen. *.*.

I love six degrees of POP-separation.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Metacritic receipts in the thread.

That's when you know Godel is back.

I am not even using them to compare across artists this time, which is what you were irrationally whining about last time with your delusional #higherstandard nonsense.

What is your problem with it this time? Besides the fact that it yet again demonstrates that the world does not follow your steam-pressed delusions?

Bladenic

Not Metacritic being brought up in this bitch. Although Metacritic didn't lie about Sasha Fierce being the shittiest album from Bey.

Wx64NeL.gif

royalan

Our faves tried it.

Ummm...except no.

Britney may have been the controversial virgin slut with the higher album sales thanks to titan first single.

But Xtina's debut was the more successful critically, AND she nabbed 3 #1s from that album. Top it off with that BNA Grammy, and Xtina's debut era was far more successful than Britney's.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But Xtina's debut was the more successful critically,
Christina Aguilera received mixed reviews.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Aguilera_(album)
...Baby One More Time received mixed reviews from critics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Baby_One_More_Time_(album)#Reception
Top it off with that BNA Grammy, and Xtina's debut era was far more successful than Britney's.
A bribed Grammy can't make up for superior sales and an infinitely more iconic era, sorry.

If anything I would say in the long term the Grammy is more iconic for the level of obvious bribery involved and the shock that the more iconic, successful and Truly Musical artist lost than for who actually won it.

Poor Xtuba, even when she 'wins' she loses.

Artemisia

Banned
Christina's voice probably played a big role in her BNA Grammy win. It was remarkable at the time and really set her apart from other teen pop stars.

Kill and Run

It's Beautiful. ;_;

Lana, Sia and Florence totally dominating that OST.
This is quite beautiful. I still think Florence's song is the best track so far, though.

I still haven't listened to a Sia album. To be totally honest, I've only listened to one track of hers - Titanium.

Her voice just doesn't click with me.
Death By Chocolate
I'm In Here
Oh Father

Those are my three favorite Sia tracks besides "Titanium" and "She Wolf". You should give them a chance.

Koodo

Banned

Our faves tried it.
Doesn't it always?

Xtincta #OWES her career to GODNEY. Jean was the spearheader of the teen bubblegum renaissance, a trend Xtincta clung to like a fat parasite, though she only managed to suck up a fraction of Jean's success and iconography.

Jean even inspired Xtincta's second album; or, rather, the way Jean plucked every follicle out her and other's tender scalps inspired the album. The tea is in the intro of that wretched compendium, where Jean is name-dropped point-blank. I will concede, though, that P!nk paved the way for the sound and spunk in that sophomore "effort," so it wasn't all Jean.

JESUS CHRIST, where would the industry be without the ONE and ONLY.

yr883ug.jpg

Bladenic

Doesn't it always?

Xtincta #OWES her career to GODNEY. Jean was the spearheader of the teen bubblegum renaissance, a trend Xtincta clung to like a fat parasite, though she only managed to suck up a fraction of Jean's success and iconography.

Jean even inspired Xtincta's second album; or, rather, the way Jean plucked every follicle out her and other's tender scalps inspired the album. The tea is in the intro of that wretched compendium, where Jean is name-dropped point-blank. I will concede, though, that P!nk paved the way for the sound and spunk in that sophomore "effort," so it wasn't all Jean.

yr883ug.jpg

This tea is so scalding I got 3rd degree burns.

Wx64NeL.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Doesn't it always?

yr883ug.jpg

This scalding hot BREWED TRUTH.

ibtvGPzoew77aW.gif

[edit]The entirety of Gods Alouds' already-iconic Ten Tour is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb0EuFBwg8A

1 hour 27 minutes, 21 top ten smashes. Your faves will never.

royalan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Aguilera_(album)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Baby_One_More_Time_(album)#Reception

A bribed Grammy can't make up for superior sales and an infinitely more iconic era, sorry.

If anything I would say in the long term the Grammy is more iconic for the level of obvious bribery involved and the shock that the more iconic, successful and Truly Musical artist lost than for who actually won it.

Poor Xtuba, even when she 'wins' she loses.

I see you didn't come for the 3 #1s tho...

Doesn't it always?

Now sis, you know the truth about this. Britney DOES get credit for debuting first and starting the renaissance, but you know both she and Xtina were signed and prepping their iconiC debuts at around the same time.

Icicle

Does anyone else get the feeling that Time might name Beyonce 2013's "Person of The Year"? I can totally see it.

If they do, I will fume like none have ever before...

iRQAWweX2IbgO.gif

iG9tmSIKhmsed.gif

iX64Ko7kEF7AK.gif

botty

Banned
Now sis, you know the truth about this. Britney DOES get credit for debuting first and starting the renaissance, but you know both she and Xtina were signed and prepping their iconiC debuts at around the same time.

And Xtina had a song out, and charting before either of them actually debuted.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Time might name Beyonce 2013's "Person of The Year"? I can totally see it.

If they do, I will fume like none have ever before...

Why would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom