• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Miley looks so awkward in those photos. She was more attractive during her normal, Hannah Montana phase.

Can't hate on him doe. Fucking a 35+ mom is one of goal my 20's

ERgCdqY.gif
ERgCdqY.gif
ERgCdqY.gif

You're such a Bey stan. I don't think even Soulscribe reps her as much as you.

When it comes to repping I will always play second fiddle to Roythew Knowles. Xtina may be her spirit animal but she's hardly the one that keeps her aTTention. Truly an honorary Beyhive.

Mau ®

We're 5,000 posts away from OT6. I think its time to start worK on it.

Is Roysus going to continue the good work or is someone checking for that position?

bort

too try hard tbh but her body looks nice

interview link http://www.vmagazine.com/site/content/970/the-emancipation-of-miley

her and pharrel talkin bout her music

Dressed in a midriff-baring vintage tee and Topshop pants, Miley Cyrus is barefoot dancing to her new hip-hop-infused sound at a Burbank, California, recording studio. A few feet away, Pharrell Williams, the megacharming megaproducer who helped to orchestrate this clever, heartfelt sonic breakthrough, leans effortlessly against a console, trading lyrics with the smiley 20-year-old determined to revolutionize her career. They are listening to “#GetItRight,” the possible lead single off her impending, first post-Disney album, and a sure Top 40 diamond with a whistling hook and clever sweetness that partially obscures the frank sexual nature of its lyrics.

Trigger

We wont reach it till the end of May at the rate this one is going

btw this is the first OT that has lasted more than 2 months since OT2

This wouldn't be the case if fucking Bey wasn't taking so long.
ImDl8Hf.gif

*goes back to replaying Grown Woman snippets*

Nemesis_

Someone bumped the 20/20 thread and it reminded me of this post:-

Looks like the 20/20 E OT will pass the BTW OT

Nem tried, good luck with the ARTPOP one

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience |OT|

Views: 62,280​

Lady Gaga BORN THIS WAY Album |OT| Thread of Unicorns and Motorcycles

Views: 147,760​

I am glad the legend is still able to outdo these bandwagoner vanity projects.
Nothing against Marius just some observatioN

ibq1hHCeJ3Gcpd.gif

I hope momentum doesn't make me look like a fool now :(

Nemesis_

I wonder there will be a new OT for Volume 2?

There better fucking be.

iTEfZYbKRi1Il.gif

Anyway:

Beyonce's tour demands for the Mrs. Quarters Show World Tour

SHE'S the Queen of Pop and it seems Beyonce has a bizarre list of tour demands to rival even the biggest divas in the business.

Rivalling well-documented demands by the likes of Madonna and Mariah Carey, the singer, who is currently on her The Mrs Carter Show World Tour, allegedly has a long list of quirky requirements when she is away from home.

Possibly the strangest request on the leaked rider is $900 worth of drinking straws for her dressing rooms.

"The Single Ladies singer forked out $900 for titanium straws, which will be used to drink a special alkaline water that's served at exactly 21 degrees," an insider tells The FIX.

According to the source, the 31-year-old also insists her crew, from drivers to set riggers, wear only 100 per cent pure cotton, presumably to save her from allergic reactions.

Bey also demands plain off-white walls in her dressing rooms, with a new toilet seat at every event, and will only use red toilet paper.

There's also the hand-carved ice-ball to suck after every performance to cool her throat, along with the banning of junk food in favour of glass platters of almonds, oatcakes and green-only crudités.

It's not the first time Beyonce's tour demands have been leaked. During her March Super Bowl performance, rumours emerged that the star had demanded her baby Blue Ivy's $22,000 cedar crib be shipped from New York to New Orleans, and her personal dressing room be stocked with $6,000 worth of imported cigars and alcohol for her husband Jay-Z.

The superstar reportedly feels these drastic measures are integral to the smooth-running of her performances.

"She's extremely regimented and is taking everything extremely seriously, so she expects her list of demands to be adhered too and every detail be taken in," the insider claims.

"Working so hard and with the toll the travel takes on her body in addition to the intense shows, she feels that her requests aren't too much to ask for as she wants to ensure everything goes to plan."

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...led/story-e6frfn09-1226632943957#ixzz2S3y8kZv

I want to know what Roy thinks of this.

iO9FCLEXVCSzH.gif

I'd love to see a comprehensive archive of all the pop divas' tour demands. I know Brit and Christina had some insane riders. And of course J-Lo. But who thinks about J-Lo.

Nemesis_

I see Phono has been busy since he was banned on that article.

rtkkspw.png

ibdisGKP87RuXZ.gif

I'd love to see a comprehensive archive of all the pop divas' tour demands. I know Brit and Christina had some insane riders. And of course J-Lo. But who thinks about J-Lo.

So many of these stories are probably false though. I can't believe that people would be so petty about WHAT COLOUR THE WALLS WOULD BE when they tour. It seems ridiculous.

I remember that story that was going around about Gaga apparently SACRIFICING ANMALS in her hotel bathrooms because there was red water or something in the tub after she vacated. :I

So many of these stories are probably false though. I can't believe that people would be so petty about WHAT COLOUR THE WALLS WOULD BE when they tour. It seems ridiculous.

I remember that story that was going around about Gaga apparently SACRIFICING ANMALS in her hotel bathrooms because there was red water or something in the tub after she vacated. :I

I feel like their managers tell them that they get the right to allow or prohibit certain things, and then the singers just tell them what they'd like. I feel like the tone of the article seems to indicate that they're firing bitches who don't make sure their walls are painted a certain color, but it's probably just that they were asked if they'd like the walls a certain color and they were like "yeah I guess off white". lol

Nemesis_

The 2011 song, off her fourth studio album "4" swipes the beat from Major Lazer's 2009 "Pon De Floor." According to Diplo, one half of Major Lazer, the making of "Run the World (Girls)" started out as a "joke" (whatever that means).

Not Diplo calling it a JOKE.

irsnCA7Eghluv.gif

Beyoncé's "1 + 1" video features scenes similar to the unfinished French film, "Le'Enfer," while her "Love On Top" video has dancing scenes much the same as those in New Edition's "If It Isn't Love" video.

Equating 1 + 1 with the french term for "HELL" seem appropriate.

Even as a vocal performer, Beyonce is more of a canvas than a creator. The majority of her discography was written (yes, some co-written) by other singer-songwriters, from the likes of Ne-Yo to The-Dream.

nnnnnnnnnn this exposé

cZQ0jxA.gif

i1P0nbQMnC72I.gif

I'm glad a major publication's finally going there. Beyonce is the most talented pop star there is but she insists on relying on existing/past concepts to fuel her own concept than to challenge herself creatively.

I think there's a slight misconception about the way she takes material though. Her team is incredibly adament about research, and so is she. I think they look for adjacent inspiration to help her realize the direction she wants to go in, which is why they find generally obscure material to try and emulate. In other words she already knows the direction of her aesthetic but when it comes to the specifics she seems more intent on looking around to see what she can improve on rather than delve into the specifics herself. It's a problem that a lot of people in past have run into, especially Michael and Madonna. It's clever to emulate material that most people have never heard of, and it shows a strong ability to hunt for obscure references, but it definitely shows a lack of confidence in their own abilities as a creator and even if Beyonce does lack creativity, I haven't necessarily seen her get tested so that we can know for sure. Hell, maybe we have and it just didn't hit us as hard.

The dichotomy between her flaws and Gaga's flaws complement each other really well. Beyonce lacks self-referential creativity but the material she does stick to ends up being executed perfectly. Gaga's incredibly creative and self-referential but her output tends to be polarizing, slightly flawed, or lost on an audience.

royalan

Not Christina.

Didn't her rider for the back to basics tour recently leak? And all it had was club sandwiches and tea for her and her entourage.

Humbletina.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
CONFIRMED: Will.i.am Producing New Britney Spears Album
Will.i.am has confirmed to Rolling Stone that he will be acting as executive producer on Britney Spears**' forthcoming album, her eighth. The producer and Black Eyed Peas** frontman, whose new solo effort, #willpower, debuted at number nine on the Billboard Top 200 today, said that he is a few months into the process of working on her album.

Although will.i.am wouldn't confirm who those other songwriters and producers will be, he did mention that Spears "really liked Diplo," who has been rumored to be involved in the album. The producer hopes this album will reflect who Spears is as a person rather than an artist, and he's been actively spending time getting to know her on a more intimate level to ensure that can happen.

"I was like, 'OK, look, guys, me and Britney need to have lunch four times a month for three months before I even try to go in the studio with her,'" will.i.am said. "Because we need to talk. We need to talk about what she's excited about in life. I gotta talk about the things that hurt her. I gotta talk about the things that make her concerned – she's a mother. I gotta talk to her about all the things that her fans want to talk to her about. I gotta be the vehicle between her and her fans." He added, "We can't do another song about going on the dance floor. Really? Didn't we see a bunch of Britney doing that already? Don't we want to see something that comes from her heart?"

The producer and Spears have now had almost three months' worth of lunches, and they had a session yesterday that will.i.am called "amazing." Although he was unable to offer any sense of a timeline on the album's release, he suggested that the production on his end is moving along fairly quickly.

Army get your Alejandro candles out

iblguc6upkZgZj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom