• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

nnnnn

Not too much Botty.
OupKFO7.gif

I never understood using acclaim from other artists as tea to support your fav (outside of legit fandom..... which is rarely the case).

If you look at it as a whole, most artists outside of urban are pretty indiscriminately and irrationally positive about each other. Not to mention that most of the time they are doing it to ride the coattails of one artist or another.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
#pimms #ladygaga #sun #perfection

imgYU3ohmDhZg.gif

royalan

Yeah, no. Reviews have their problems, but I think they are legit to use from time to time.

There are people who call sales inadmissible as tea, airplay as inadmissible as tea, locality inadmissible as tea, music video views inadmissible as tea, hell....... even personal opinions on music quality have been treated inadmissible as tea. Just because something isn't perfect doesn't make it irrelevant.

If we start down the UGLY road we may as well close up shop and just go home.

I'm not discounting reviews altogether. I'm discounting inconsistent review aggregates as a means to compare artists to each other.

Bladenic

I can't with us starting on Miguel and Frank again.

Oh and ITZ I was mainly just wanted to use that gif. You're right about their sales, and tbh I don't really care either way since I'm mostly ambivalent to both (although I really only use Adorn from Miguel while using more from Francis).

royalan

How insecure in your own WRONG opinions do you have to be to run to metacritic for evidence of quality? There is a reason why Metacritic is constantly disregarded from true conversations of quality, and it's because the website is full of FUCKSHIT. They seem to accept the opinions of any cunt who can rack up 1000 views on their website, and then they adjust the review's grade/score to fit their grading system. Some how The AV Club's grade of A for Channel Shittage is worth 100 points, but Kaleidoscope Dream's A- is worth 91 points. Now try factoring in this dumb as fuck grading adjustment to each of the irrelevant websites that throw their scores on metacritic and you have a whole lot of fuckery going on.
But maybe you care about opinions of "Absolute Punk," and "Delusions of Adequacy." The latter which spent most of the time complementing Francis' voice of all things. #DEATH

iEODNNmb9uzGw.gif

And I love how you have been trying to claim Xtina is "c-tier" as if she isn't a bigger name than all of your faves. It's not like in the midst of her worst selling album she wasn't snatching awards, and praise from people who actually matter: Time, numerous award shows, actual vocalist, and other music industry juggernauts. So you can continue licking the saggy testicles of metacritic, while the Xtina stans relish in the fact that people who MATTER and actually know their shit love The Legend. Including Your FAVES

Now take a damn seat.

iQMqXMpuObkne.gif

Goddamn.

Botty just channeled his other fave with that dragging.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?

ixtZ5uoGMQpIp.gif

next to National Anthem this is her best song

royalan

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?

ixtZ5uoGMQpIp.gif

next to National Anthem this is her best song

Wrong.

Ride is her best song, followed by Born To Die, Blue Jeans, then National Antherm.

im actually not very big on Young and Beautiful. I mean, it meets the Lana Standard of Quality, but it feels like a Paradise Edition leftover to me.

iEODNNmb9uzGw.gif

And I love how you have been trying to claim Xtina is "c-tier" as if she isn't a bigger name than all of your faves. It's not like in the midst of her worst selling album she wasn't snatching awards, and praise from people who actually matter: Time, numerous award shows, actual vocalist, and other music industry juggernauts. So you can continue licking the saggy testicles of metacritic, while the Xtina stans relish in the fact that people who MATTER and actually know their shit love The Legend. Including Your FAVES

Now take a damn seat.

iQMqXMpuObkne.gif

RIP

The Legend would be proud to see this rhetorical slayage.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Wrong.

Ride is her best song, followed by Born To Die, Blue Jeans, then National Antherm.

im actually not very big on Young and Beautiful. I mean, it meets the Lana Standard of Quality, but it feels like a Paradise Edition leftover to me.

Eh I find Paradise annoying as fuck and a chore to get through. Ride and sometimes Blue Velvet are the only ones I use from it and I can pretty much use all of Born To Die, so to me Young and Beautiful doesn't fit Paradise nor does it feel like a leftover

Wrong.

Hmmm, I think the only songs of hers I use sometimes are National Anthem, Off To The Races, Ride, and Video Games for laughs. And I only really like the verses of Ride. And the chorus for Off To The Races. And I hate Video Games actually but my friends and I sing it ironically to each other like we did with Fergie's songs....

I guess National Anthem is the only actual song I use in full. lol

EDIT: Nevermind I also like Born To Die. But more in theory than actually me listening to it

Nemesis_

Born To Die is probably one of her best songs, but I do feel like it could be a little bit shorter.

I didn't think this previously, but I've been really hammering that album lately so it's becoming more and more apparent. The end makes sense when you're watching a video clip to accompany it (to which I feel it ends her "trilogy" that she talked about quite perfectly) but with just the audio I now rarely get to the very end.

I still think I like it more than Ride. I don't really know why either.

Blue Jeans is the only song of hers that I absolutely hated and now absolutely love. That bridge is everything, and her B&W video for it is just so fucking fantastic.

SaintZ

Wrong.

Where's Off To The Races tho? That's probably my favorite Lana track. More of this please Lana. I'm still kinda bummed she didn't release Serial Killer either.

Also, I think Radio is my least favorite track..

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

ch....

for some reason I just love the way she says fucking in that song
and the way she sings I finally found you. I think Radio was one of the
first songs aside from Born To Die that made me listen to the whole album

the feels that song gives me
ibqfbRMNcua8tN.gif

Bladenic

ch....

for some reason I just love the way she says fucking in that song
and the way she sings I finally found you. I think Radio was one of the
first songs aside from Born To Die that made me listen to the whole album

the feels that song gives me
ibqfbRMNcua8tN.gif

You have been so flawless lately. Let me stan you.

ibqfbRMNcua8tN.gif

btw still dying at some of those questions people asked you.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Where's Off To The Races tho? That's probably my favorite Lana track. More of this please Lana. I'm still kinda bummed she didn't release Serial Killer either.

Radio is one of my favorites on BTD
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

I use basically every song on BTD on a playthrough except Million Dollar Man.

The songs I still listen to from Paradise are Ride, American, and Cola.

Oh, and she needs to hurry up with all those damn unreleased videos.
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

JCX

Ride > Off To The Races > Videogames > National Anthem = Dark Paradise.

Blue Jeans never clicked for me. It just feels like an inferior Videogames.

Remember when we all waited for "Body Electric" but then Ride just destroyed all the other songs on Paradise?

We need more upbeat Lana. Back to the Basics is so good.

SaintZ

Radio is one of my favorites on BTD
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png

I use basically every song on BTD on a playthrough except Million Dollar Man.

The songs I still listen to from Paradise are Ride, American, and Cola.

Oh, and she needs to hurry up with all those damn unreleased videos.
iX0wtZsaYxXEb.png
I don't hate Radio, I just do not use it as much as the others. But now that I think about it, Lolita is my least favorite track and it's too bad because the demo is awesome. The new production ruined the song for me (same with Lucky Ones but it is not as offensive).

My Lana top 10 (according to Lastfm)
1. Off To The Races
2. Blue Jeans
3. Without You
4. Born To Die
5. Ride
6. This Is What Makes Us Girls
7. American
8. National Anthem
9. On Our Way
10. Video Games (whose wig is about to be snatched by Marilyn Monroe lol).

Remember when we all waited for "Body Electric" but then Ride just destroyed all the other songs on Paradise?

We need more upbeat Lana. Back to the Basics is so good.
Well, Body Electric was the only song we knew from Paradise at the time but yeah Ride, obliterated everything. Actually, the production in Young and Beautiful reminds me a lot of Body Electric's.

And yes Back To The Basics is really cute. I use it often.

This bitch better promote ha stuff and gives a release date for the album and none of her wedding shit or announce a pregnancy or something because I will fume. I can't believe she has done ONE appearance to promote the single.
Girl, this era is already a mess. Where's the fricken music video for "Here's To Never Growing Up"? Why is she still recording music when she released her first single? Why is she still with Nickelback? Why is this era giving me Xtina pre-Pitbull teas? I'm donE.

in9t8VagRajTm.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
We need more upbeat Lana.

This is what I want as well.

I don't hate Radio, I just do not use it as much as the others. But now that I think about it, Lolita is my least favorite track and it's too bad because the demo is awesome. The new production ruined the song for me (same with Lucky Ones but it is not as offensive).

Yeah, original Lolita > album Lolita

Same with Yayo. I've come to realize that she basically butchered that song
ibuuLzxu9wb5YM.gif

Making a list of "favorite songs ever" cant be done, but if it could, Off To The Races would be near the top.

That song is just everything to me. The violins, the triphop beat, Lana's vocals. Its all goddamn perfect.

Will never grow tired of it.

SaintZ

Girl, this era is already a mess. Where's the fricken music video for "Here's To Never Growing Up"? Why is she still recording music when she released her first single? Why is she still with Nickelback? Why is this era giving me Xtina pre-Pitbull teas? I'm donE.
The new marketing guy at Epic used to work for RCA RIP. The announcement was just that she's performing at KIISFM's Wango Tango:

Main Stage:
Avril Lavigne
Bruno Mars
Maroon 5
Flo Rida
will.i.am w/ Britney Spears
Demi Lovato
Fall Out Boy
Afrojack
Miguel
Icona Pop
Krewella
Emeli Sandé
Ariana Grande

Hosted by Ryan Seacrest
Special Guest Host Britney Spears

The HTNGU video is out on the 9th.
I've come to realize that she basically butchered that song
ibuuLzxu9wb5YM.gif
Ugh I know. The Paradise version sounds like a live recording she did while drunk. A mess.

I like the dissonant, chaotic, "slightly off" sound of Lolita. In my head I see a drugged up girl pole dancing to the song, a la the movie taken. Fucked up, I know.

Bladenic

The new marketing guy at Epic used to work for RCA RIP. The announcement was just that she's performing at KIISFM's Wango Tango:

Main Stage:
Avril Lavigne
Bruno Mars
Maroon 5
Flo Rida
will.i.am w/ Britney Spears
Demi Lovato
Fall Out Boy
Afrojack
Miguel
Icona Pop
Krewella
Emeli Sandé

Ariana Grande

Hosted by Ryan Seacrest
Special Guest Host Britney Spears

The HTNGU video is out on the 9th.

Ugh I know. The Paradise version sounds like a live recording she did while drunk. A mess.

The bolded can slay. The rest may flop.

Speaking of Demi. Heart Attack is officially in the overall top 10 on radio.

10. DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 78.130 (+ 0.832) ▲

When will the other Disney gurls?

Mau ®

Speaking of Demi. Heart Attack is officially in the overall top 10 on radio.

10. DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 78.130 (+ 0.832) ▲

When will the other Disney gurls?

IRCC "Party in the USA" was TOP 5 radio.

But yes, none of the other current Disney gurls could dream of this.

IRCC "Party in the USA" was TOP 5 radio.

But yes, none of the other current Disney gurls could dream of this.

I mean recently.

Besides, old Miley has obviously been body snatched by an alien who thinks looking like a prostitute witch from Mississippi is trendy or appealing...... rather than tacky and try hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom