• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Perra has me intrigued.

Although I need to remember she had me intrigued for Teenage Dream too and look at how that turned out. VULGAR.

Mau ®

EDIT: My best friend and I have made it a habit to watch major concerts from the big pop ladies and discuss them. We're gonna watch Rihanna's 777 special since we realized that we have no idea what she does on tour, lol. Also we wanna see how it compares to the likes of I Am... World Tour, The Monster Ball, The Femme Fatale Tour (RIP), Back To Basics Down Under and The Sticky and Sweet tour.

Rihanna's TV performances have sort of been disasters but I'm curious to see how she carries a whole show. Hoping that she actually impresses me tbh.

The "777" tour was basically a promo tour on really small clubs. It's not representative of her large scale tours.

Like DMJ said, you should watch the LOUD Tour DVD for an idea. I don't think you'll be impressed tho but you'll find it better than the Career Fatality Tour.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I still can't believe there's no untagged version of B2B released. Almost all Gatsby tracks from the trailer are out there, except for Bey's.

She's doing this on purpuse, I'm sure of it now.

The full soundtrack is streaming on NPR now, so you can go hear her butcher Amy's classic without interruption.

Artemisia

Banned
Nicki is out for blood and fuming

ibmiDNyo6kMlcX.gif

Doesn't Nicki understand how much easier it is now to get on the Hot 100 in the age of digital music? When an album is released every track is available for individual purchase. Songs that wouldn't ever be singles could enter the Hot 100. Back in the 90s, there was no such option.

The "777" tour was basically a promo tour on really small clubs. It's not representative of her large scale tours.

Like DMJ said, you should watch the LOUD Tour DVD for an idea. I don't think you'll be impressed tho but you'll find it better than the Career Fatality Tour.

RIP @ Career Fatality Tour.

I might pull a Nemesis and start reviewing trademark tours. I think it could be fun.

I'll make sure to watch the Loud Tour first then. Impressions to come.

Mau ®

The sample in the teaser video is great. And Miguel always slays. I'm mixed on Mariah but I have enjoyed some songs from ha from time to time.

Also, funny how everybody lately wants Miguel up on their tracks but no one asks for Francis. Botty, Roy and me clocked this tea a while ago. Miguel is the superior artist *.*

botty

Banned
The sample in the teaser video is great. And Miguel always slays. I'm mixed on Mariah but I have enjoyed some songs from ha from time to time.

Also, funny how everybody lately wants Miguel up on their tracks but no one asks for Francis. Botty, Roy and me clocked this tea a while ago. Miguel is the superior artist *.*

Wasn't it quaint when Miguel and Francis performed at the Grammys, but people only cared about Miguel's performance...And Kelly even asked to work with him?

iVQUWxpfqYuH9.gif

Isn't it hilarious how Miguel's song, Adorn, has peaked higher than anything on Channel Orange?

iVQUWxpfqYuH9.gif

The tea is still brewing for the girls who are delusional enough to think that Francis was anything more than a FAD.

iVQUWxpfqYuH9.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
#BBCAN-GAF PSA

Big Brother is on earlier than it's usual 10:00 PM ET Thursday Night show. It's on an hour earlier for the 2-hour finalE. So 23 minutes to gO.

iz3iPWiVGW0oR.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Miguel on Frank Ocean

"No, there's no beef or contention at all whatsoever. I think that's more media trying to spin things. In context I think what I said was really valid and logical. But, you know, I can understand people wanting there to be some kind of tension or whatnot; but in all actuality, I'm a fan of music. As competitive as I am, I'm a huge fan of Frank Ocean's music and there's nothing anyone can do to try to spin that. That's just how I feel about it. I would love to collab. That's just how I feel about it."

Miguel wishing for a collab with Frank. give it up, botty

121wqx1xeddh.gif

botty

Banned
#BBCAN-GAF PSA

Big Brother is on earlier than it's usual 10:00 PM ET Thursday Night show. It's on an hour earlier for the 2-hour finalE. So 23 minutes to gO.

iz3iPWiVGW0oR.gif

Soon.

iCE75uHkM7Q0m.gif

Miguel on Frank Ocean

"No, there's no beef or contention at all whatsoever. I think that's more media trying to spin things. In context I think what I said was really valid and logical. But, you know, I can understand people wanting there to be some kind of tension or whatnot; but in all actuality, I'm a fan of music. As competitive as I am, I'm a huge fan of Frank Ocean's music and there's nothing anyone can do to try to spin that. That's just how I feel about it. I would love to collab. That's just how I feel about it."

Miguel wishing for a collab with Frank. give it up, botty

121wqx1xeddh.gif

#death at you believing this politically correct response. Not that anything mentioned in there is a direct response to the stuff I brought up anyway.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Koodo

Banned
"He has more of a subtle record than most out there," she said. "I love his song Bad Religion. It's beautiful. It's one of those you're jealous it's not your song."

Guess who.

iQfwEOvdYd3oW.gif

botty

Banned
"He has more of a subtle record than most out there," she said. "I love his song Bad Religion. It's beautiful. It's one of those you're jealous it's not your song."

Guess who.

iQfwEOvdYd3oW.gif

Christina Aguilera, giving love to gays since 2001. Gaga tried.

ilnZR5KSqARAd.gif

I'm still here for Francis. A Miguel collab would eviscerate lives.

I don't think it would. It would be a serious clash of interest. Miguel has a good voice, and is really passionate about the R&B sound. Francis can't sing for shit, and is more worried about being "deep" with his crap lyrics.

JCX

Why is the Gatsby version of Crazy in Love so aggressively awful? Sounds like something Pete and Trudy Campbell would dance to.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Hmph. Second and me were hyping Miguel ages ago, but you girls paid him dust for the longest time. "Hew? Hew?" Wasn't until he started making appearances on the charts that anyone paid attention.

Nemesis_

I might pull a Nemesis and start reviewing trademark tours. I think it could be fun.

I still haven't seen Confessions and that version of Erotica that the girls INSIST is better than the original.

I think it has a high bar to reach, Erotica slays me

KillBill2-GogoDeath.gif

EDIT: The Kill Bill: Vol. 1 GIF collection is now complete. Vol. 2 coming soon. xo

Get your non-Tumblr life.

Mau ®

Rihanna is the artist with the most VEVO Certified videos. Yesterday the accompanying video for the horrid "Russian Roulette" was certified.

Rihanna has broken another record.

The Barbados beauty now boasts 12 music videos certified with more than 100 million views on Vevo, more than any other artist. The latest video to make the cut is one of Rihanna's older songs. Released in 2009 off of RiRi's "Rated R" album, "Russian Roulette" became the singer's 12th video to hit the 100 million viewer mark.

"Russian Roulette" isn't one of the 25-year-old singer's best-known songs. The track, which never reached No.1 on the Billboard Charts, follows hits such as "What's My Name," "We Found Love," and "Diamonds" to hit such a number on Vevo. "Stay," "Don't Stop the Music," "California King Bed," "Where Have You Been," "Man Down," "Rude Boy," "Only Girl," and "Unfaithful," bring the artist to a total of 12.

This isn't the only record that Rihanna has set recently. Just weeks ago, the singer broke the record for most No. 1 songs on Billboard's Pop Songs' radio airplay chart, beating out previous record-holder Katy Perry.

67d90ee8.gif
Good for that song, I guess.
67d90ee8.gif

I ain't mad at ha.

I can take or leave her discography, hit-brimming as it is, but she certainly makes her videos worth watching. Even "Stay" grew on me somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom