• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
*adds Mariah Carey to list of artists who've successfully used their reality TV appearances to propel their music careers*

poor Nicki...

fixed
tumblr_mifep057yA1rfduvxo1_500.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Don't you also think the production was an issue too? It was all so familiar. So many of the songs came off to me like the producers looked at other songs that topped the charts and copied the way they were put together.

Demi has 4 studio albums now and we still have absolutely no idea about who she is as an artist. Nothing she's done sets her apart from her peers.

Yeah the production was nothing special

As for who she is as an artist I still think she in the process of figuring that out especially since her image doesn't fit her songs just look at the Heart Attack video and the album art. But for me as to what sets her apart is her singing, her belts are usually what sells me on songs like GYHAB/HA/Lightweight and then she also has those personal ballads like Skyscraper and Shouldn't Come Back that her voice makes it seem like she is actually in pain. She just needs to be handed better material imo but she is still young and her career is still growing with every album she releases, the potential is still there for future slayage.

I hope she leaves Hollywood Records

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What an awful soundtrack outside of Sia, Lana and maybe the xx (I like the strings at the end of their song).

Andre and Beyoncé take the cake for DEFILEMENT.

Have we heard the full xx track yet?
Or the nero track? I'm a fan

edit: also is Sia pronounced ceeya? always read it as psya
edit2; Nero track for anyone that wants it

Touchdown

Banned
Shouldn't you at least wait to see if the song does well first?

To put things into perspective-
Lady Gaga - Born This Way Day 1: 1838 spins
Madonna - Give Me All Your Luvin' Day 1: 1005 spins
Christina Aguilera - Your Body Day 1: 742 spins

Mariah is at 1366 so far and the day is still far from over. The Queen has returned.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Mariah is at 1366 so far and the day is still far from over. The Queen has returned.

Nice payola

iLVehAETuo8FB.png

Day 1 spins really don't mean a lot.

It is doing well on itunes, but nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. It may not even manage #1 today.

ATM JAM
iWUlApOOyJZlD.gif

I hope she means jam like synonym for BOP and not jam like she rushed to the bank and got all her coins stuck in the automated teller machine in her haste to prevent being overdrafted because she went on an AlunaGeorge iTunes splurge.
iWUlApOOyJZlD.gif

3phemeral

Even pitchfork is stanning for HASHTAGBeautiful.

In a perfect world, the hashtag in the title of Mariah Carey's new single is not some ham-fisted wagon-jumping or Twitter trending strategy, but a sly wink. "#Beautiful", it turns out, is pretty much the anti-hashtag: it's an artfully simple pop tune built around warm, crackly arrangements that could've been written before Jack Dorsey was even born. It's free of gimmicks or anxiety, and the message is breezily uncomplicated. "You're beautiful, and I can't pretend that doesn't mean a thing to me," Carey sings alongside Miguel.

It's a vintage sound that fits in naturally with the last year or two of music from Miguel, who lives weightlessly in the song for a solid 90 seconds before Carey joins him with a featherlight vocal touch. And like last year's "Adorn", "#Beautiful" has the finger-snapping R&B throwback charm that sounds primed for repeat play through the summer-- long past its trending topic shelf life.

Mariah Carey: "#Beautiful" [ft. Miguel] (via SoundCloud)

Sauce.

Nemesis_

Have we heard the full xx track yet?
Or the nero track? I'm a fan

edit: also is Sia pronounced ceeya? always read it as psya
edit2; Nero track for anyone that wants it

She did a lot of interviews before she got big internationally and always called herself See-yah so yeah.

The xx song (Together) is out. I listen to it on the song Page on LastFM. I really like it, it's a bit depressing but it has a somewhat unique tone.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm listening the unreleased Lana Del Rey songs again. So much good stuff I cant believe some stuff like "Serial Killer" didn't make it into one of the albums. Tons of great songs tbh.

Beauty Queen
Alternative Queen
Sadcore Queen
Unreleased Queen

When will your faves?

Koodo

Banned
Pitchfork is vulgar – Artemisia checks for it – but in their defense, Q.U.E.E.N. took a while to digest and moisturize me.

#BEAUTIFUL has been growing on me swiftly and lavishly. The song's tender, summery-warm embrace is divine.

Bladenic

Pitchfork is vulgar – Artemisia checks for it – but in their defense, Q.U.E.E.N. took a while to digest and moisturize me.

#BEAUTIFUL has been growing on me swiftly and lavishly. The song's tender, summery-warm embrace is divine.

Me too. It shall see some heavy rotation in the coming weeks. Bless Miguel.

I liked QUEEN from the beginning and I ain't even a stan. Maybe that's why.

Mumei

Oh, right. I finally listened to #Beautiful. (I feel so #Navy typing in that hashtag, guh). I really like it. It probably should have been billed as a duet, but whatever.

Artemisia

Banned
pitchfork is a good site, I really don't get the hate at all. It's fun browsing and trying new music.

ATM JAM
iWUlApOOyJZlD.gif

I hope she means jam like synonym for BOP and not jam like she rushed to the bank and got all her coins stuck in the automated teller machine in her haste to prevent being overdrafted because she went on an AlunaGeorge iTunes splurge.
iWUlApOOyJZlD.gif

or jam as in 'a trying situation' similar to one in which you find out papa johns has charged your debit card ten times for pizza you never purchased.
iWUlApOOyJZlD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom