• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

I can't be mad at Modmei shading my fave tbh. Always brings a smile to my face.

ZHx6h.gif

Sooo I heard the new Mariah track on the radio and must say it was kind of...forgettable. It sounds like she was hanging with Miguel in the studio and he was like "hey Mariah, want to hear a track I'm working on? It's going to be on my next EP." Then Mariah bought it and added her vocals.

botty

Banned
984f7356.gif

It is without flaws. Pixar tried.

You will not regret it. The soundtrack alone is worth the price of purchase.

I honestly don't understand Pixar post-Toy Story 3. Why make a sequel to one of your worst movies ever (Cars)? Then that Brave mess. Next they're doing Flopsters University... which strips the franchise of the little people enjoyed of the original. I guess Finding Dory will be their Emancipation era.

Sooo I heard the new Mariah track on the radio and must say it was kind of...forgettable. It sounds like she was hanging with Miguel in the studio and he was like "hey Mariah, want to hear a track I'm working on? It's going to be on my next EP." Then Mariah bought it and added her vocals.

This is probably true, but you should listen to the song as a sorta-Motown throwback. Either way it's way better than anything Francis Ocean is capable of.

Fey

Banned
I honestly don't understand Pixar post-Toy Story 3. Why make a sequel to one of your worst movies ever (Cars)? Then that Brave mess. Next they're doing Flopsters University... which strips the franchise of the little people enjoyed of the original. I guess Finding Dory will be their Emancipation era.

I have little to no hope for Finding Dory. With MU and that it feels like they're just trying to tug on nostalgic strings again like with TS3.

A Good Dinosaur (or w/e its called) will be the deciding factor of whether I am still here for Pixar tbh

iIwzc7IgFISk.gif

You mean you are not hyped for Planes?

Yes I know it will not technically be Pixar, but the team at Disney working on it almost all came from Pixar originally. The only reason they changed the studio header for the film is because they know it will be terrible.

Anyways..... I could talk for hours about animation, but this is probably not the venue for me to drag Pixar over its consistent mediocrity and unwillingness to take risks.

botty

Banned
OMG

bjoe6lgcqaeabxf.jpg

Nicki ain't right for this one.
tumblr_md32gpKP3O1qc0btz.gif

I have little to no hope for Finding Dory. With MU and that it feels like they're just trying to tug on nostalgic strings again like with TS3.

A Good Dinosaur (or w/e its called) will be the deciding factor of whether I am still here for Pixar tbh

Oh, I'll have to look up that Dinosaur movie.

Fey

Banned
You mean you are not hyped for Planes?

Yes I know it will not technically be Pixar, but the team at Disney working on it almost all came from Pixar originally. The only reason they changed the studio header for the film is because they know it will be terrible.

Anyways..... I could talk for hours about animation, but this is probably not the venue for me to drag Pixar over its consistent mediocrity and unwillingness to take risks.

waiT

they're making a movie called Planes?

iJT3xrAhlADIm.gif

The Incredibles is the only Pixar movie that deserves/would make sense to have a sequel.

Mumei

It's been an ear-worm for me. I can't get it out of my head.

This is the shadiest expression. My God.

Looks like Mariah is peaking on itunes (with the rolling effect it will start declining once it has been out 24 hours) without managing to go top 5. We will see if her impressive radio play can keep the song up.

For comparison when Demi released a month or two back she went #1 for 3/4 days at launch.

Who knew Joe Jonas was capable of producing such a mildly pleasing bop? It's giving me Steve Conte teas.

"I put it right in your face, girl, all you need to do is reach out and grab it." Most suggestive lyric from a Disney gurl since "And when the morning comes, I know that I will too-OO-OOOO!"
lol.gif

Mumei

Looks like Mariah is peaking on itunes (with the rolling effect it will start declining once it has been out 24 hours) without managing to go top 5. We will see if her impressive radio play can keep the song up.

For comparison when Demi released a month or two back she went #1 for 3/4 days at launch.

This is something of an apples-to-oranges comparison. She's not an up-and-coming 20-something year old; she's a 42 year old woman in a ageist industry (which is particularly hard for women) coming off a four year hiatus since her last non-holiday album release, after two major flop single releases, and having never had a particularly big presence in digital releases. It's surprising that she's doing this well, even with the payola.

This is something of an apples-to-oranges comparison. She's not an up-and-coming 20-something year old; she's a 42 year old woman in a ageist industry (which is particularly hard for women) coming off a four year hiatus since her last non-holiday album release, after two major flop single releases, and having never had a particularly big presence in digital releases. It's surprising that she's doing this well, even with the payola.

Maybe, but going #1 on itunes really isn't hard. It shouldn't have been THAT big of a hurdle.

Plus.... she is Mariah Carey, and Demi is Demi. You would think that would count for something.

Mumei

Maybe, but going #1 on itunes really isn't hard. It shouldn't have been THAT big of a hurdle.

Plus.... she is Mariah Carey, and Demi is Demi. You would think that would count for something.

Your name counts for something when you are in the prime of your career and currently hot. It would count for Mariah in the 1990s, or Mariah in 2005 after she was in the midst of a comeback, or Mariah in 2008 for her first single back after said successful comeback, or a Rihanna or Lady Gaga or Adele today. But a past-her-prime, post multiple flop singles in the last year alone, two consecutive albums that barely scanned gold, and only one top ten single in five years in a medium that barely remembers what happened last year Mariah, and all at her age?

It doesn't mean anything.

Demi came off a high of two extremely successful singles and a high-profile (and well-received) run as a judge on X-Factor.

Mariah, on the other hand, has spent most of the millennium flopping, and whatever it is that she's doing on Idol is probably hurting her more than helping.

Not you commenting on a JJ song before #Beautiful.
I probably should've paid that tripe its deserved helping of dust, but I acknowledgedT it on the last page.

Roo

My first time posting in PopGAF so don't kill me. My sister was so hyped about it and showed me these pictures from Brit, apparently they're from her new Shape Magazine shoot. I thought PopGAF would like them heh..

the whole thing comes out.. today I think.

jeF01hA5tNGHJ.jpg

4IICguQ.jpg

Sorry if they were already posted :)

Demi came off a high of two extremely successful singles and a high-profile (and well-received) run as a judge on X-Factor.

Mariah, on the other hand, has spent most of the millennium flopping, and whatever it is that she's doing on Idol is probably hurting her more than helping.
I suppose that is a fair point.

moulels

My first time posting in PopGAF so don't kill me. My sister was so hyped about it and showed me these pictures from Brit, apparently they're from her new Shape Magazine shoot. I thought PopGAF would like them heh..

the whole thing comes out.. today I think.

jeF01hA5tNGHJ.jpg

4IICguQ.jpg

Sorry if they were already posted :)

Blessss

OMG Godney looks phenomenal *o*

Here are another shots

new-shape-shots.jpg

;___; she's coming to slay

Koodo

Banned
Godknee's body has been ON POINT this year. Not a shape-moulding fabric required.

Obie and Her are 2013's Fitness Thinspiration so far.

royalan

Godknee's body has been ON POINT this year. Not a shape-moulding fabric required.

Obie and Her are 2013's Fitness Thinspiration so far.

One would HOPE Britney wasn't sculpting those man shoulders.

goes perfect with her Jude Law hairline, tho

Touchdown

Banned

With the itunes banner tomorrow and Idol promo, I see the song still going to number one , probably at some point tomorrow. Snatched Rihanna's wig again and went UP to #6.
mariahcardyjby.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom