• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
• Mariah's performance was taped after last night's live episode of American Idol finished. The Idol audience left the theatre and were replaced by the fans who received tickets for admission to the filming.

• Mariah sang a medley of hits that featured "Vision of Love," "Make It Happen," "Hero," "My All," "We Belong Together" and "#Beautiful."

• Mariah's performance of "#Beautiful" was solo. Miguel was not present.

Waiting patiently for tonight
idJB6Q1.gif

I guess I will watch Idol again.

idJB6Q1.gif

Majmun

emily♡ ‏@emilypenlington 22m
IVE GOT MY PICTURES FROM THE BEY MEET AND GREET AVKHYKBUGDLOYOICFEXJHUG

emily♡ ‏@emilypenlington 8m
Me&Beyoncé !!!!!!!!!!!
jfSnmjjQTN4ip.jpg

emily♡ ‏@emilypenlington 4m
@iAmMRTYN I asked if grown women was going to be the single and she just laughed haha

I asked if grown women was going to be the single

and she just laughed

Very funny, Bey
imikPXLGDvH3W.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm glad Grown Woman isn't a single. The song goes absolutely nowhere, and it would flop.

She needs to make Standing on the Sun happen. I know Sia will make sure it slays.

Grown Woman is awesome.

COZ I POOTED!!
DOOWN LIKE DAT
DOOOOWN LIKE DAT

AND I'M NAKED!!
ALLL DEEZ REZZ
AAALLL DEEZ REEZZ

AND I'M MOVIN'!!

These probably aren't the words but I don't care

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
'Sup PopGAF. I don't typically listen to pop but I like Robyn. While I wait for news of a new record, can you guys recommend anything similar?

Majmun

Grown Woman is awesome.

COZ I POOTED!!
DOOWN LIKE DAT
DOOOOWN LIKE DAT

AND I'M NAKED!!
ALLL DEEZ REZZ
AAALLL DEEZ REEZZ

AND I'M MOVIN'!!

These probably aren't the words but I don't care

Grown Woman is the smash of the year
if it gets released

THEY LIKE THE WAY I WALK
COS I WALK WITH A VENGANCE
AND THEY LISSEN TO ME WHEN AH TALK
COS I ENT PRETENDEH

Truly the Last Guardian of the music industry
ibqhhtdc3KqrMq.gif

Koodo

Banned
Since she's going to be knocked (up) out of the game for a while, might as well give release Grown Woman now to tide us over.

PLEASE.

Majmun

I'm actually mad at myself for exposing Cyno's great troll post.

I'm sure Koodo was ready to hit the NEW THREAD button in OT.

I should've waited, dammit
iwgK5FMfthzrC.gif

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Annie!
Lykke Li!
Say Lou Lou!

...but they can't replace the hole Robyn has left in my soul, tbh.

I know right? The world needs more Robyn. Thanks for the suggestions, they were all great. The Annie track in particular was spot on. I'm on the third listen now. Definitely buying this.

lol, you'll be waiting for a long time. In the meantime, have you heard of Annie?

Hahah, I can live in hope. It's been years. Cheers for the Annie suggestion too

Edit: Thanks for all of the responses. I'm listening to all of them in turn now. I'm glad I did a drive-by for this thread. You guys have quality taste in tunes

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so all of those suggestions were really, really great. I've gone from having no new music to having a load of quality new tunes.

Stupid question... is there a sub-genre of pop that would assist me in discovering music like this for myself in the future? Excuse my ignorance, I come from a grunge / metal background

Edit: Cheers to Aguila for suggesting Vanbot. This is like someone is pouring a bucket of awesome directly into my ears

Artemisia

Banned
Ok, so all of those suggestions were really, really great. I've gone from having no new music to having a load of quality new tunes.

Stupid question... is there a sub-genre of pop that would assist me in discovering music like this for myself in the future? Excuse my ignorance, I come from a grunge / metal background

Honeslty, I'm not sure there is. Technically all of it is considered pop music. But I know a lot of people like to use the term 'indie pop' when referring to pop by artists who haven't made it big.

Edit: Cheers to Aguila for suggesting Vanbot. This is like someone is pouring a bucket of awesome directly into my ears
Scandipop.co.uk and swede + sour are essential sites for Scandinavian Pop.

What other sites do y'all use to find music? I also use Popjustice, electroqueer, ArjanWrites, and MuuMuse.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Disclosure's debut tracklist is out

01 Intro
02 When a Fire Starts to Burn
03 Latch [ft. Sam Smith]
04 F for You
05 White Noise [ft. AlunaGeorge]
06 Defeated No More [ft. Ed Mac]
07 Voices [ft. Sasha Keable]
08 Second Chance
09 You & Me [ft. Eliza Doolittle]
10 January [ft. Jamie Woon]
11 Confess to Me
[ft. Jessie Ware]
12 Help Me Lose My Mind [ft. London Grammar]

oprahreaction-copy8m8l2.gif

I CANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It is going to have to be a helluva song to top White Noise tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom