• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't understand how this track has only ~15,000 views:

Vanbot - When My Heart Breaks

Swedish electro pop is on another level. Cheers pop gaf

You might like Röyksopp if you don't already. They did a song with Robyn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRy8oG-6Kxc

Although my favourite song by them has another Scandipop singer featured, Anneli Drecker. The lyrics remind me a lot of an old flame :(, I find it amazingly bittersweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_SRMqSVav4

And this song with Susanne Sundfør is also amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ-26smj5Ds

Susanne Sundfør herself is kind of amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCIaj-oLi28

And so is this remix of that song:
https://soundcloud.com/susannesundfor/white-foxes-maps-remix

Also, you might like The Knife, they launched Robyn's new sound by producing Who's That Girl?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W10F0ezCTIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a8rrHzQ_AE

Hope you get some mileage.
Jessie Ware >>>>>> everyone, so I'm sure it will clock the entire album, including White Noise.

Jessie Ware obviously slays but White Noise is probably the bop of the year to date.

Koodo

Banned
Eurovision looks like a ball. I wish North America was invited.
iHqgc9fJpyPPM.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Surprised there isn't some state singing contest tbh
Would be dominated by country acts I think

botty

Banned
Apparently Xtina will be opening the Billboard awards. Perfect! That way I don't have to watch the entire thing *.* Oh, and apparently there will be a special guest with her and Pitbull... don't care enough to speculate.

Oh...

Christina Aguilera ‏@xtina 3h
#1 in 17 countries! xoxo!!! RT @alexoficial: #HoyTengoGanasDeTi es #1 en descargas en 17 países!! pic.twitter.com/pC2jGdW8c4

This must infuriate people to no end.

588ANCB.gif

Bladenic

Apparently Xtina will be opening the Billboard awards. Perfect! That way I don't have to watch the entire thing *.* Oh, and apparently there will be a special guest with her and Pitbull... don't care enough to speculate.

Oh...

This must infuriate people to no end.

588ANCB.gif

Why would it infuriate anyone? I already spilled the tea. As usual, Xtina has nothing to do with the success, Alejandro Sanz is a big Latin artist. It's his doing, Xtina should be thankful he's helping her get her name back out there in countries other than America.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Why would it infuriate anyone? I already spilled the tea. As usual, Xtina has nothing to do with the success, Alejandro Sanz is a big Latin artist. It's his doing, Xtina should be thankful he's helping her get her name back out there in countries other than America.

The Xtina stans should be the ones infuriated. All she's proven recently is that she is only able to clock a hit if she's a featured artist. It must be sad when your fave is on TV every week, and is a featured artist on hit songs, but can't clock any solo success.

Poor that.

botty

Banned

Unfortunately for you, there is no way to prove this one way or another. I guess we'll just have to look at the facts here... The Legend is slaying.

Britney's Smurfs song is leaking *o*,
here's a bad quality snippet.

It sounds very cute *O*

Um. I'll wait for HQ before I judge. Sounds like smurfney, though.

The Xtina stans should be the ones infuriated. All she's proven recently is that she is only able to clock a hit if she's a featured artist. It must be sad when your fave is on TV every week, and is a featured artist on hit songs, but can't clock any solo success.

Poor that.

I guess the only thing sadder is having a fave who can't clock a hit as a solo artist or feature artist. Think about it.

a6rCG.gif

Koodo

Banned

Poor that.
Have you noticed Blake Shelton's extended stay within the iTunes Top 10? I guess we know who was single-handedly responsible for Just A Fool's brief entry into the Top 20.

tumblr_mi4e2rEHKa1qzr9qko1_400.gif

botty

Banned
Shakira is returning to The Voice next year.

There’s a she wolf in NBC’s closet — and (ahh-hooooo!) she’ll reportedly get unleashed again during The Voice‘s sixth cycle. Yes indeed, the network revealed today to EW.com that Colombian superstar Shakira — as well as fellow uni-monikered chart-topper Usher — will return as Voice coaches when Season 6 kicks off in spring 2014.

Well it's good to know Shakira has been hired as an off-season throne warmer for Xtina.

Bless.

tumblr_m1wfhmp2bN1qivi2to7_400.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Surely NBC are shooting themselves in the foot with running the Voice twice a year
People will just get sick of it so fast
Although alternating the judges might keep some interested I guess

Surely NBC are shooting themselves in the foot with running the Voice twice a year
I think that they figure it will hurt Idol, X Factor, AGT, etc just as much so why not?

botty

Banned
I hope she plans on properly utilizing The Voice this time around. ;___;

I still can't shake the feeling that something's coming up. There's been a lot of big changes in Camp Xtina lately. I just can't believe that it was all for returning to The Voice. I still smell new music.

Maybe an album is coming at the end of this year...or something is coming. I don't know, but this seems suspicious. The last time Xtina had Shakira warm her seat it was so she could release Lotus, and not promote it. And if she does release something soon... I hope she performs singles, and not random tracks. ;_;

royalan

We'll see.

Personally, I think things should be fine (for a few seasons at least) as long as they keep the quality of the show up, which the producers have done a stellar job at.

Whenever I watch The Voice I just KNOW I'm going to be wowed. And so far Judith and Sasha have just been slaying me left and right. Great performances. Great TV.

And the producers seem to know when it's the right time to make changes to the format. I'm fairly sure now that we'll be seeing a reduced form of the battle rounds, now that the producers KNOW that's when they lose their audience.

Maybe an album is coming at the end of this year...or something is coming. I don't know, but this seems suspicious. The last time Xtina had Shakira warm her seat it was so she could release Lotus, and not promote it. And if she does release something soon... I hope she performs singles, and not random tracks. ;_;

It does seem suspicious.

The sudden weight loss.
The new style team.
That random "vacation" to Japan that was way too short to actually be a vacation. She was there less than a week.
The new twitter name.
The random sightings at non-RCA studios.

SOMETHING is happening. ;___;

royalan

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Usher is the bigger draw for this season.

Shakira is a HEW right now in this country. You can love or hate it, but you MUST deal.

TBH, I thought Shakira would be a huge draw for the latino population, as was the producers' hope. We can't know for sure, but judging from the most recent numbers it doesn't look like she's had much effect.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Usher is the bigger draw for this season.

Shakira is a HEW right now in the country. You can love or hate it, but you MUST deal.

I see you have to downplay Shakira's success by using the US as the metric, when we all know she's more global.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Shakira is a HEW right now in this country. You can love or hate it, but you MUST deal.

TBH, I thought Shakira would be a huge draw for the latino population, as was the producers' hope. We can't know for sure, but judging from the most recent numbers it doesn't look like she's had much effect.

So then that means Adam Levine was the draw before?

Koodo

Banned
Not to mention that Shakira's last album song only 300k in the US. She is one of the (few) artists that Xtina has a legit claim against as being more relevant in the US.
Xtincta's last album sold less than Shakira's last album.

As did her previous album relatively to Shakira's previous.

As did her singles.

The Voice this season became the highest watched broadcast in the latino demographic. Your tea is as expired as your interest in the Blackberry platform.

You tell me...

Shakira - $12M

The Legend - $17M
"A source says Aguilera's payday is likely to be in the vicinity of $12 million."

"the figure of $17 million is about $5 million high"

Trigger

Adam maybe, he is hot.

Don't see it with Blake. He isn't even really an A-lister in the country realm (or at least he wasn't before the show....).

I think it's their chemistry and not so much their individual star power that makes the key difference. The two play off each other very well. Reminds me of the Paula/Simon dynamic.

Bladenic

Not to mention that Shakira's last album sold only 300k in the US. She is one of the (few) artists that Xtina has a legit claim against as being more relevant in the US.

Shakira's last English album sold the same as Bionic but produced a hit single in She Wolf, which Bionic did not. Her last album was in Spanish and had little promo in the US (like Xtina) and still sold 300k (same as Lotus, maybe a little less. A flop, to be sure, but a lesser flop.

I'll refrain from mentioning their global sales, because poor Legend X.

Koodo

Banned
I do hope Shakira's fixation with The Voice lasts for the duration of her upcoming era in the demonic tongue.

I am not here for her wasting time on a spinning chair during the next Spanish album, and I doubt she will.

Kyon

Banned
WaiT I listened more. Your soundtrack faves tried tho

Except Lizzie McGuire movie soundtrack and Buffy OMWF soundtrack which your faves literally could still never

oie_158406QDZ2G7yL_zpsdcf00a49.gif

Bladenic

I do hope Shakira's fixation with The Voice lasts for the duration of her upcoming era in the demonic tongue.

I am not here for her wasting time on a spinning chair during the next Spanish album, and I doubt she will.

Yeah poor Shaki has yet to deliver an English album that can match up to her Spanish ones. They are still, to be sure.

Matt_

Britney song sounds like it could be quite catchy
Might be a mild hit if it's released as the lead single for the soundtrack

Was listening to some Madonna on spotify and still don't understand why she was ever popular. Can't think of any Madonna song I ever liked. Madonna sucks.

Not even Hung Up or Vogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom