• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This married couple has a fascinating dilemma on their hands!

They tried to get pregnant. After a miscarriage, they went the surrogate route. The surrogate produced a happy, healthy baby.

The couple decided that they wanted another child. Logically, they decided to hire a surrogate again. The surrogate got pregnant… but so did the wife!

The couple is totally shocked! Both pregnancies are still very early on, and there is no guarantee that both women will carry to term, so there will no announcements for a while. But they are already talking about the possibilities.

If both women can successfully carry to term, will they keep both children? Admit to a surrogate? Pretend that the wife gave birth to twins? If only the surrogate carries successfully to term, will they admit to the surrogate? Pretend that the wife gave birth?
It certainly is an interesting dilemma!
rihanna-clapping-gif_RONALDMATTERS.gif

Icicle

My conspiracy theory: Beyonce has privately admitted defeat regarding her faked pregnancy, although she still outwardly maintains that she was pregnant. Beyonce is obsessed with maintaining a perfect public image (Superbowl photo removal requests, banning photographers from her current tour, documentary propaganda, etc.), so she's hoping to remove white out one of her major blemishes by having another baby.

If she were to have another baby (and were actually pregnant this time), it would retrospectively weaken many of the logical arguments for why she faked her first pregnancy.

Having said that, the same 'logical arguments' (weight gain, permanent body change, career hindrance, etc.) that swayed her to surrogacy are still applicable. If Beyonce is actually "pregnant" again, I expect she would actually fake it a second time. I think her team learned a lot during her first "pregnancy", have since retired the collapsing prosthetic stomach, and are much more prepared for baby #2. Beyonce has been extremely successful at selling her "super woman" persona, with seemingly most of the US subscribing to this projection. The narrative of her "super woman" life would be strengthened by the news that Beyonce managed to maintain a grueling tour schedule while being pregnant.

I imagine she would announce her pregnancy just as her tour ends, giving her a ton of publicity and the opportunity to talk about how she managed to do her tour, work on 5, and be a mother and wife to Blue Ivy Carter and Jay-Z respectively, while having a perfect pregnancy. As she makes her media rounds selling this story, reminding us that she is better than the rest of us in every way, she will mention that she was inspired by herself to record a track for 5, which will come out Q4 2013 and sell a hell of a lot more than 4.

*I imagine her team has a contingency plan in place, in the event the second pregnancy is revealed to be fake as well. I expect it involves Beyonce "coming clean" about the surrogacy, but placing all of the blame on everyone but her. She will talk about the society we live in that only values beautiful people, the pressure the media puts on her, the expectations from her fans to be perfect all the time, etc., which will humanize her and make her easier to relate to. As she makes her media rounds selling this "confession", reminding us that she makes mistakes just like the rest of us, she will mention that she was inspired by herself to record a track for 5, which will come out Q4 2013 and sell a hell of a lot more than 4.

--------
Really though, Bey's team is incredible and our faves could learn a thing or two from them.

royalan

My conspiracy theory: Beyonce has privately admitted defeat regarding her faked pregnancy, although she still outwardly maintains that she was pregnant. Beyonce is obsessed with maintaining a perfect public image (Superbowl photo removal requests, banning photographers from her current tour, documentary propaganda, etc.), so she's hoping to remove white out one of her major blemishes by having another baby.

If she were to have another baby (and were actually pregnant this time), it would retrospectively weaken many of the logical arguments for why she faked her first pregnancy.

Having said that, the same 'logical arguments' (weight gain, permanent body change, career hindrance, etc.) that swayed her to surrogacy are still applicable. If Beyonce is actually "pregnant" again, I expect she would actually fake it a second time. I think her team learned a lot during her first "pregnancy", have since retired the collapsing prosthetic stomach, and are much more prepared for baby #2. Beyonce has been extremely successful at selling her "super woman" persona, with seemingly most of the US subscribing to this projection. The narrative of her "super woman" life would be strengthened by the news that Beyonce managed to maintain a grueling tour schedule while being pregnant.

I imagine she would announce her pregnancy just as her tour ends, giving her a ton of publicity and the opportunity to talk about how she managed to do her tour, work on 5, and be a mother and wife to Blue Ivy Carter and Jay-Z respectively, while having a perfect pregnancy. As she makes her media rounds selling this story, reminding us that she is better than the rest of us in every way, she will mention that she was inspired by herself to record a track for 5, which will come out Q4 2013 and sell a hell of a lot more than 4.

*I imagine her team has a contingency plan in place, in the event the second pregnancy is revealed to be fake as well. I expect it involves Beyonce "coming clean" about the surrogacy, but placing all of the blame on everyone but her. She will talk about the society we live in that only values beautiful people, the pressure the media puts on her, the expectations from her fans to be perfect all the time, etc., which will humanize her and make her easier to relate to. As she makes her media rounds selling this "confession", reminding us that she makes mistakes just like the rest of us, she will mention that she was inspired by herself to record a track for 5, which will come out Q4 2013 and sell a hell of a lot more than 4.

--------
Really though, Bey's team is incredible and our faves could learn a thing or two from them.

Every word sounds believable and accurate.

ioNjHuxXnL8jU.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
The HIVE's pressed ness once we get Rihanna 8 and another tour while Bey is pumping out child 2 and they haven't gotten an album since 2011. Poor mess.

royalan

uDTfxPz.jpg

RiRi STAYS clocking random people via social media. It must be how she passes the time during flights or something, because she stays READING.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oop you win

595.gif

After that HIV OUTBREAK on you the other day you got to #clapback

I used protection. I was never worried about them and we already knew she was fucking pregnant. It was nice seeing then squirm then and now as its basically confirmed and they continue to lack any relevancy in this thread since their fave has no actual MUSIC out. You know. The thing this whole thread is about.

I always stay winning, like my fave. It's really sad that the HIVE stay losing, like theirs.

595.gif

Kyon

Banned
I used protection. I was never worried about them and we already knew she was fucking pregnant. It was nice seeing then squirm then and now as its basically confirmed and they continue to lack any relevancy in this thread since their fave has no actual MUSIC out. You know. The thing this whole thread is about.

I always stay winning, like my fave. It's really sad that the HIVE stay losing, like theirs.

595.gif

ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif
ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif
ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif

I kind of feel bad for the Beyonce stans. Will they ever get a proper era?

Is there anything to Stan for at this point?

Besides tour blog reviews I mean...

Mess.

ab6d3f1c.gif

Kyon

Banned
Asks the Xtina stan

Asks the Deadney stan

BrainDeadney has an era coming and a Las Vegas Residency. Which will outsell the 4get Ms Carter Tour. I see why Beyandre Stans are fuming for their fave tho

Even her Superior Rihanna got an album coming

ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihanna's tour is going to outgross Bernard's. I cannot. So Rih's last two albums have outsold '4' and her tour will do better than the MrsLyingPregnantBitchWorldTour.

I cannot.

Kyon

Banned
Mess aside where is Grown Woman tho?

Bey Stans should be DRAGGING Bey and DEMAND her ass to get her act together tbh

botty

Banned
Sexy Godiva Chocolate Queen, Kelly Rowland is apparently closing a deal for X Factor USA...

KELLY-ROWLAND.jpg

Fox’s The X Factor is looking to have plenty of girl power next fall. The judges panel will likely consist of executive producer Simon Cowell and three female judges.

One will be returning judge Demi Lovato, as the network previously announced. If all goes according to plan, another will be singer, dancer and Super Bowl halftime show-stopper Kelly Rowland. The Grammy-winning Destiny’s Child founding member has previously been floated as a potential judge in the press, but EW can exclusively report she’s firming up a deal to join the show.

Rowland should feel quite comfortable at the judges table; she has extensive on-camera experience, from serving as a judge on the eighth season of the UK version of The X Factor to performing on Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance.

We’re not certain who will secure the third judge spot, though we’re hearing Latin singer-actress Paulina Rubio is in talks.

The deals will have to be completed soon — The X Factor starts production on season three on Tuesday. The new judges will replace season two panelists Britney Spears and L.A. Reid.

The news comes on the heels of EW’s exclusive report Thursday that NBC will re-sign its Voice judges for two more cycles, which NBC confirmed earlier today.

I'm here for Miss Kelly, but I hope she didn't steal Hilary's checK.

iWswhwlmcMdUs.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mess at Kelly about to have more exposure and relevance than Bey while Bey is sitting her ass in stirrups and pushing another baby camel from her loins.

Her fading relevance, icant.

royalan

Honestly...even before the pregnancy rumors started I knew SOMETHING was fishy when the first Grown Woman performances were uploaded to YT.

Why?

LnlCY6e.png

Look at the dark chocolate dancer on Bey's left. Of all the dancers in the group, she's the ONLY ONE wearing a more revealing costume. The very first time I watched this performance that stood out to me as odd. Usually, it's the star wearing the slightly modified costume, not the random dancer on the left.

It all makes sense now. I wish I'd clocked the tea sooner. ;___;

Majmun

Both Xtina and Brit are a thing of the past anyway. Their chapters are closed.

Xtina just can't smash anymore and Britney is just a broken shell. No wonder she's being deported to Las Vegas, the place where the old and the busted usually go to RETIRE their careers.

Bey can be pregnant again, but at least the HIVE knows that the world is still there for her. She's way more relevant than Brit and Xtina COMBINED

botty

Banned
Both Xtina and Brit are a thing of the past anyway. Their chapters are closed.

Xtina just can't smash anymore and Britney is just a broken shell. No wonder she's being deported to Las Vegas, the place where the old and the busted usually go to RETIRE their careers.

Bey can be pregnant again, but at least the HIVE knows that the world is still there for her. She's way more relevant than Brit and Xtina COMBINED

Not too much, Second. Remember... Xtina and Britney both gathered impressive top 10s and #1s within this decade.

And I really hope you don't try to bring up the feature argument, cause there is a receipt waiTing.

a6rCG.gif

cory64

Not too much, Second. Remember... Xtina and Britney both gathered impressive top 10s and #1s within this decade.

And I really hope you don't try to bring up the feature argument, cause there is a receipt waiTing.

a6rCG.gif

You mean how Telephone has been Bey's only top 10 in the 2010s?
oop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom