• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stream the new CLUB 8 album Above the City

So pretty.

Sweden.gif

Only on track 3 but already slain. Bless you

botty

Banned
I CANT botty.

I bought Channel Orange on day one after all that hype and music critic reviews and peer reviews about how he was leading the charge for pop musics content and I got the most vapid, conventional sounding album. I just can't.

Any mention of Frank Ocean and Channel Orange makes me want to go in EVERY TINE.

Don't worry, I fully understand. It was the biggest pile of feces released in 2012, and that was the same year MDNA released. But his stains swear that it's some incredible R&B masterpiece.

Delio

I CANT botty.

I bought Channel Orange on day one after all that hype and music critic reviews and peer reviews about how he was leading the charge for pop musics content and I got the most vapid, conventional sounding album. I just can't.

Any mention of Frank Ocean and Channel Orange makes me want to go in EVERY TIME.

Post more of this young mans booty because damn~

Oh are you being drawn into the 1D circle by Louis's ASSsets?

tumblr_inline_mmynwgfANJ1qz4rgp.gif

Icicle

Who wants to recommend me an album to listen to? I wonder review it or anything, but I want something new to listen to while I do something.

iYPweVt3Heo3y.gif

Since my post was paid dusT, I feel compelled to mention once again that it was Janet's birthday yesterday. Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of janet. too. Give ha discography some play, you can't go wrong with any of her music.

Since my post was paid dusT, I feel compelled to mention once again that it was Janet's birthday yesterday. Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of janet. too. Give ha discography some play, you can't go wrong with any of her music.

I liked it. I grew up with Janet's music, after all. Those other CHILDREN shouldn't be blamed for their low attention spans.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
What are some good pop radio stations to listen to that supply a good variety of music beyond top 40? Why am I still listening to Bruno Mars' Locked Out of Heaven on my local top 40 radio? Duck Houston radio stations.

Any good pop podcasts?

Who is making the Billboard Awards thread?

Radio stations? you are better off making a spotify account and gathering songs from here, we mostly use radio to see how a song from our fave is doing

Icicle

UbfL7gO.png

YAAAS, stan!

Katy B is here for Aaliyah and Brandy. Her faves >>>> yours

I need her album to give me futuristic Full Moon teas.

Artemisia

Banned
UbfL7gO.png

YAAAS, stan!

Katy B is here for Aaliyah and Brandy. Her faves >>>> yours

I need her album to give me futuristic Full Moon teas.

She also stans for Destiny's Child (she claims she learned to sing by listening to their records) and Beyonce.

What a goddess.

Nemesis_

I am late to this post but I was out with friends discussing which creature we would rather be murdered by in the outback.

This is actually a really good suggestion, I am only up to Season 6 though. It's fantastic however. I think people might've been frustrated because it was a week wait between episodes and a YEARS WAIT between those BALL BREAKING season finales.

Watching on Bluray eliminates that.

ibe7TDwktARWZS.gif

Come for the mysteries of the island, but stay for the characters though.

I hate the way these types of articles try to make it seem like this new generation of artists are "out-performing" the veterans, when in reality the potential audience for music has just grown so much bigger AND become way more accessible than ever before. Those pre-streaming/pre-download records still stand imo because back then huge sales like that were so much more difficult to achieve.

This is actually a really good point. I mean, we kind of knew this already but at the same time seeing it put into words makes me realise how little these "achievements" are.

I wonder if there is some way to adjust for "inflation" of sorts?

And I like the new guy.

iba9A7dkTRKwWC.gif

Ch at some of you trying to get him banned already though

Icicle

Icy, don't tease us until we have concrete proof :(

Gerl, she is STILL in NY.

If you go to gomillionandleupold's Instagram, there's a link to their website (they are photographers), http://gnlstudios.com, which has a tab dedicated to the work they've done with other musicians.

These artists include:

Brandy
Jennifer Lopez
Ne-Yo
Ciara
Cassie
Keri Hilson

They are all signed to Universal. So is Crystal Kay. I'm guessing Universal thinks GNL Studios do a good job with their 'urban' artists, which is probably indicative of what they'll be aiming for with CK.

Another username on her post is @itsdaver, which led me to his website http://davercampbell.co/, who appears to be a well-known celebrity stylist.

While there hasn't been confirmation that she's officially debuting here, I don't think Universal is planning on sending her back to Japan with a western-sounding album supported by promotional materials made in the US by people who have no knowledge of the Japanese music scene. SHE'S COMING.

I need her to ;_;

cory64

I am late to this post but I was out with friends discussing which creature we would rather be murdered by in the outback.

This is actually a really good suggestion, I am only up to Season 6 though. It's fantastic however. I think people might've been frustrated because it was a week wait between episodes and a YEARS WAIT between those BALL BREAKING season finales.

Watching on Bluray eliminates that.

ibe7TDwktARWZS.gif

Come for the mysteries of the island, but stay for the characters though.

90% of LOST happened between the episodes tho

Touchdown

Banned
Holding steady in the top 10 on Itunes and continues to gain on radio. Looks like she's back for a new era. This should give life to Bey stans, if you are a true star then it is possible to birth twins and come back and slay em' all.

p17_zps0db23f97.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom