• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
You mean how Telephone has been Bey's only top 10 in the 2010s?
oop.

Now waiT

Fjskbsisvsjscuhsbxifejfrjrncihdihcjejforuir

Clock

ibs5DOgxcGCnkd.gif

cory64

her only Top 15 actually...
and it's not like this decade just started, we're in its fourth year.

Meanwhile:
Rihanna and Taylor have both had 12 top 15 tracks
Katy has had 8
Gaga has had 6
Britney has had 5
Christina has had 2

not even raising the bar to top 5 or #1s, this is a Demi Lovato goalpost.

Icicle

Yesterday, March 16th, the iconic, legendary Queen of Pop turned 47.

Happy Birthday, Janet!

iNCbdazYqxr81.gif

Here are some articles, blogs, retrospectives, etc. written in the last couple days reflecting upon Janet's legacy. Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of janet., so give it a listen if you've never done so. For the younger gerls here with little to no knowledge or appreciation of artists that predate your fave, I highly recommend checking these out. Janet Jackson is your favorite artist's favorite artist.

MTV Hive -- Janet Jackson's 'Janet.' Turns 20

The Lava Lizard -- The Pop Culture Impact of Janet Jackson's 'Velvet Rope'

That Grape Juice -- TGJ Replay: Janet Jackson's Control

MTV Style -- Janet Jackson: Style Icon

StyleList -- Janet Jackson's Style Transformation

Last but not least, a video of my fellow San Francistans doing a practice run of their flash mob performance of Together Again. Tomorrow will be their "real" performance, in celebration of Janet's birthday, which also includes All For You, Miss You Much, Escapade, If, and Nasty. I'm very much looking forward to it, their dance was already on poinT, and they've had two additional months to perfect it since this was filmed.

Janet Jackson "Together Again" Bay Area Flash Mob

ibuOnmWlCYivZd.gif

Bladenic

her only Top 15 actually...
and it's not like this decade just started, we're in its fourth year.

Meanwhile:
Rihanna and Taylor have both had 12 top 15 tracks
Katy has had 8
Gaga has had 6
Britney has had 5
Christina has had 2

not even raising the bar to top 5 or #1s, this is a Demi Lovato goalpost.

Demi clocks Bey too, since she's had 2 top tens and one top twenty.

Trigger

For what it's worth, E! claims, via their source, that the North American leg of Bey's tour won't be affected by the pregnancy. There's still hope BeyHIV.

Oh my, you bitches are the best part of gaf and I am sticking around if you don't mind. I'd hug all of ya'all but some of you still are mad over dat Madonna shade I threw yesterday.

ib1a2NTyfYTZ61.gif

Preach and bless.

FqZoO.gif

royalan

I hate the way these types of articles try to make it seem like this new generation of artists are "out-performing" the veterans, when in reality the potential audience for music has just grown so much bigger AND become way more accessible than ever before. Those pre-streaming/pre-download records still stand imo because back then huge sales like that were so much more difficult to achieve.

Congrats to The Superior (not that that's saying much) Justin, though.

Mumei

It really seems ridiculous. Should it count as another sale every 100 times I play a song on a CD I own or that I purchased online?

It really seems ridiculous. Should it count as another sale every 100 times I play a song on a CD I own or that I purchased online?

Urgh, exactly. I can maybe understand using the streaming + sales + airplay formula to determine "the biggest song in the country" for the Hot 100, but platinum certifications should be based on sales only.

botty

Banned
Who wants to recommend me an album to listen to? I wonder review it or anything, but I want something new to listen to while I do something.

iYPweVt3Heo3y.gif

Kyon

Banned

botty

Banned

Another girl spreading the truthT about iT. What a blessed day.

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

edit: Marius... I've listened to Can't Be Tamed. I will try again, though *.*

@Arte, you knew damn well I listened to that iconic masterpiece b4. I'll.. try Lily soon. [heading into the next track from Roy's recommendation]

Kyon

Banned
Another girl spreading the truthT about iT. What a blessed day.

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

edit: Marius... I've listened to Can't Be Tamed. I will try again, though *.*

@Arte, you knew damn well I listened to that iconic masterpiece b4. I'll.. try Lily soon. [heading into the next track from Roy's recommendation]

They all come TRAINED I can't

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom