• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Get Free is still my favourite track from the album.

Is it true that this is pretty much just a Diplo album, though? Like whoever made up Major Lazer has quit and left just him?

His partner, Switch, was always unnecessary.

ibu7p0Ot83N18J.gif

royalan

Noted.

ibu7p0Ot83N18J.gif

I really like the Santigold collab too.

Yes, that Santigold track is fire. But I do agree that Get Free is the best track on the album. It's just on another level, production-wise. All these disparate elements blended together so seamlessly. The mid-track buildup. The subtle cooldown in the end. RastaPop PERFECTION. Really shows that Diplo can do more than make your pussy pop. He really is a fucking genius producer.

Koodo

Banned
That pig stain is so fucking hideous. Like, GOD DAMN, it must be hard to be as hideous on the outside as he is on the inside but he somehow accomplishes it in spades.

Edit: bless at the Major Lazer stanning. I have yet to hear the entire album, but the tracks that have caressed my ears were a total bop.

Bladenic

LIE DETECTED

Switch produced one of the best tracks on Two Eleven

Brandy -- Slower

I don't know anything about Major Lazer, but that alone makes him OK in my book.

Edit: Looked up his production credits and saw that he worked with both Beyonce and Christina, SCREAMING.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Major Lazer/Diplo worked with Beyonce. She just stole the beat from one of his songs. Entire production actually.

Yeah, this Major Lazer song was basically the entire production for that hideous lead single.

But did she really steal it? Or was it cleared to be used?
i50Ygkjj9Ll18.gif

Never heard that before. But as with Rihanna and that Intro song, I prefer Bey's.
It was legal, it's just fun (and the norm) to say she stole it. Not like it's a stretch, she obviously doesn't have an original idea in her head (or almost entire body of work).

iuqX60x44A2C5.gif

botty

Banned
fume that the michael jackson of our generation prefers frank ocean to that inbred rat Miguel.

Ok, let me just say... New Slaves is a better song than Beautiful. However, I doubt Francis' contributions to it will make it better. In fact, I already know francis will find a way to ruin it with his shitty voice and lyrics. And the song is clearly radio poison, so we already know which song will clock the hardesT at the end of it all.

Miguel wins again.

ipD8y9xtjEkKZ.jpg

Nemesis_

I have to wonder how much of Cher's vocal cords are still actually there though, girl is looking quite gaunt.

Oakenfold did a good job of Woman's World but I wonder if the whole album will be like that.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
New Kanye is shit
He's more obnoxious than Chris Brown or Will.i.am.

edit; Top 10 From Eurovision

Denmark - Only Teardrops - 281 - Great pop track
Azerbaijan - Hold Me - 234 - Perplexed as to why this did so well
Ukraine - Gravity - 214 - Dull as fuck
Norway - I Feed You My Love - 191 - deserved better.
Greece - Alcohol is free - 152 - Flawless song
Italy - L'Essenziale - 126 - Forgettable.
Malta - Tomorrow - 120 - Utterly adorable guy, making eveyone swoon
Netherlands - Birds - 114 - A lesser Lana Del Rey
Hungary - Kedvesem (Zoohacker Remix) - 84 - Cute Guitarist

Quite a good year tbh, top ten is questionable though. Ireland's track didn't deserve to come last, and Belgium and Sweden deserved a lot better.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Listening to Xtina's Christina Aguillera.

I'm crying.

I haven't listened to this in so long and it has brought back all these memories.

The power of pop music at its height. Music should flow through you and bring up your most inner feelings.

HgOzHbM.gif

Listening to her entire discog and can't wait to get to Stripped.

On top of all the vile trash you posted before this is just too much.

i3Zp45nmfIiPe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom