• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partition

Banned
We'll be discussing the ARTPOP single in OT6
p85FR.gif

Nemesis_

My name is Lin and no.

Sorry I was listening to Lana when I was typing up the post.

You should try some Kylie Minogue then! She is relatively unknown in the USA but I think that you might like some of her work. She did a lot of work with Calvin Harris and Stuart Price that really drew me in initially.

And her new album, she is working with Pharrell Williams, Darkchild, Sia, Nervo and Jay-Z.

Confide In Me
In My Arms
Chocolate
Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Love At First Sight
I Believe In You
Flower

That's just some of the tracks that come to mind when I think of Kylie. She just released a greatest hits compilation to celebrate 25 years of being in the business, probably the best place to start. I think she's really good. She's not the most talented, sure, but most of her songs are great bops.

I know Royalan can agree with me, at least. And Koodo and Godel. I'm not sure if anyone else is here for Kylie. I'm sure Matt_ would be too.

Nemesis_

i think its 400 pages max? so at this rate in like a day or two

Threads get changed at the 20,000 post mark. This means 200 pages for those who view in the superior format and 400 for all the others.

I would be happy if the thread lasted until June 19th

ibf1K8zZd7GZHx.gif

Nemesis_

The album cover designs you posted are...not bad.

Do you mean me? >_>

X (the one where she's wearing a black spotted veil) is one of her most polarising albums - she recorded most of it while she was undergoing chemotherapy and many people think the music suffered but I really like it. I feel like it's some of Calvin Harris' best production work before he began to stagnant and become rather repetitious.

royalan

Do you mean me? >_>

X (the one where she's wearing a black spotted veil) is one of her most polarising albums - she recorded most of it while she was undergoing chemotherapy and many people think the music suffered but I really like it. I feel like it's some of Calvin Harris' best production work before he began to stagnant and become rather repetitious.

X is one of Kylie's best albums. Haters be damned.

But I actually think this was her most polarizing album:

U96b1GG.jpg

Impossible Princess - 1997
(Otherwise known as Kylie's Bedtime Stories)

Kylie's first turn at Indie Pop and the first album where she held complete creative control.

moulels

Holy shit Legend X is looking fineeee. Time to revisit Stripped in celebration ;___; such a flaw free album.

I guess Britney peaked out of the gate?

Nope. She had one of the biggest, most iconic debuts of music history *o*

I don't think Perra deserves to be called a legend. Yet.

botty

Banned
It begins...

Christina Aguilera Shows Off Slim Figure at Billboard Awards

Christina Aguilera's sexy slim-down continues.

The Voice coach showed off a slender figure while performing at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday.

Wearing a short black skirt and black top, the singer joined Pitbull for their song "Feel This Moment."

Christina Aguilera Shows Off Sexy Weight Loss During BBMA Performance

Joined by Pitbull and a special surprise guest, Christina wowed the crowd at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards with a crazy hot performance — but it was her gorgeous body that really had everyone talking!
Looking good, Christina Aguilera! There were a lot of sexy singers at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards on May 19, but the diva definitely stood out when she took the stage with Pitbull to perform “Feel This Moment” and showed off her newly svelte body. Do you think this is the best she’s ever looked?

naomireads.gif

Nemesis_

This Kylie Minogue album Aphrodite makes me wanna stan so hard. Why am I just knowing ha music? :(

She never really made it big in the United States. Everywhere else though she seems to be pretty well known. I'm glad you like her :3

I have a feeling her signing to ROC will get her some more exposure though, at least when she releases her new album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom