• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
OT6 will have Broke With Expensive Taste, ARTPOP, Grown Woman, and We Cant Stop

already legendary
iMB882AKjRRD2.gif

hm

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So shady.
No shade intended. She said when she finished Body Talk that she was going straight back into the studio and there could be new songs out by the end of...2010.

On another note. As our resident Girls Aloud stan would you mind posting a short list of their "must have" songs? I have been considering getting into that, but I have no idea where to start.

Well, for a start you could do worse than this as a list of must-have songs:

girls-aloud-ten.jpg

Special Edition, ofc.

Majmun

Unless they're buying concert tickets.... right?

LOL

4 outsold Femme Fatale. And FF had many top 10 hits.

Bey is getting better with everything she does. Her vocals are getting better and her performances are PERFECT. She's unstoppable and only improving.

Brit's days are already over. Only nostalgia is saving her. She can't sing. She can't perform anymore. She looks like a drugged out disconnected mess each time she's on tv. And I can't believe people pay to see her live

ibm4up11JHVx5F.gif

Funny but Rihanna isn't even someone who egregiously overuses backing tracks. Much to our chagrin, she chooses to sing LIVE.

Nice try tho. It would bother me if my fave had the title of "the voice of the generation" tho. Yours does. And she needs to use a backing track. Goodbye.

Well, except my fave doesn't need to prove to the world that she can sustain a note that falls outside of a meager 0.5 octave range. Though I'm sure if you asked Rihanna what an "octave" was she'd say it was some sort of prescription for anal prolapse.

royalan

Your attacks on Metacritic in the past have tended to revolve around two poles. Firstly you have general critiques of the system itself (okay, maybe Dub Salsa wasn't a big deal when Album A dropped, or maybe the EW review of Album B was skewed by it being reviewed by a known hater). But the whole point of Metacritic is that it aggregates so that those kinds of errors are smoothed over in general. Yes, there are blips here and there. But if Artist A registers 80 career average and Artist B registers 50 career average, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to conclude that probably, Artist A's output is simply of a higher quality.

And if metacritic was more consistent I would likely not have a problem with it. But as it stands right now, who they count, who they don't, and why is completely up in the fucking air. Also, as Mumei pointed out, it's especially bad that metacritic will go in and assign their own review score when it isn't clear in the text of the review. That in itself opens a huge can of worms.

I just don't think it counts as tea. Too many variables.

Partition

Banned
Funny but Rihanna isn't even someone who egregiously overuses backing tracks. Much to our chagrin, she chooses to sing LIVE.

Nice try tho. It would bother me if my fave had the title of "the voice of the generation" tho. Yours does. And she needs to use a backing track. Goodbye.

Please. These shows and their performances are scripted and rehearsed to death, (besides Miguel breaking a gyal's neck) I highly doubt the artists get to choose to use a track or not. I give props to Xtina for at least singing, Pitbull on the other hand relied entirely on the track.

royalan

Please. These shows and their performances are scripted and rehearsed to death, (besides Miguel breaking a gyal's neck) I highly doubt the artists get to choose to use a track or not. I give props to Xtina for at least singing, Pitbull on the other hand relied entirely on the track.

SPILL. IT.

LOL

4 outsold Femme Fatale. And FF had many top 10 hits.

Bey is getting better with everything she does. Her vocals are getting better and her performances are PERFECT. She's unstoppable and only improving.

Brit's days are already over. Only nostalgia is saving her. She can't sing. She can't perform anymore. She looks like a drugged out disconnected mess each time she's on tv. And I can't believe people pay to see her live

ibm4up11JHVx5F.gif

THIS GIF. RIP

I disagree with this. I imagine it is almost 100% up to the artists choice. It would be a HUGE controversy if artists started blaming the awards shows when they are caught lip syncing/using heavy backing tracks.

Doubt that the organizers want to wade into that quagmire.

Artemisia

Banned
Please. These shows and their performances are scripted and rehearsed to death, (besides Miguel breaking a gyal's neck) I highly doubt the artists get to choose to use a track or not.

I guess that makes sense. Why would Xtina try so hard to sing over the track if it was her decision to have it playing, and have it be that loud?

I guess that makes sense. Why would Xtina try so hard to sing over the track if it was her decision to have it playing, and have it be that loud?

I Imagine it was just a mistake to have it turned up that loud.

Not sure where this idea that they forced the track on her is coming from....

Cynosure

ibm4up11JHVx5F.gif

Did you see her candids this past weekend of her coming out of a recording studio, looking more medicated than usual?

poor worn out product, when will her team quit forcing her into a job she's obviously is not fit to do? You'd think they would quit seeing as she's been a flop has-been for while now

iMB882AKjRRD2.gif

Kyon

Banned
MUCH better picture. Pretty smile.

Cyno just looks at a gallery of like 100 frames taken and chooses the worst ones. It's pure dedication. Legend

She looks great there.

I really hope she doesn't allow Will.I.Am to ruin the album.

He's not producing every song and he's letting her do the album the way she wants. :3 it's actually probably going to be the best album since ITZ from her >_<

Koodo

Banned
She went in to the studio in her PJs lol I remember those are from like two days ago. Hard at work on Album 8 *.*
That conniving smile. She knows the destruction that Album 8 will inflict on the industry and Soulscribe's hypothalamus. *.*

Majmun

Did you see her candids this past weekend of her coming out of a recording studio, looking more medicated than usual?

poor worn out product, when will her team quit forcing her into a job she's obviously is not fit to do? You'd think they would quit seeing as she's been a flop has-been for while now

wow

As much as I like some of her stuff, she just doesn't seem fit to be in this industry anymore. She always looks so unmotivated and disconnected.

Girl should retire already. No wonder she's going to do Vegas.

And as much as people seem to hate Xtina, she still has the "Xfactor"
I can still see her doing music and slay during her 50's or 60's. Brit looks already worn out.

Cheryl had a few good singles but Nicola Roberts' album is great.

Yeah I know that there are a ton of Nicola stans around. I fullfill avatar requests for her all day on other forums.

Will check out Cheryl as well. She had some great gifs on the X Factor, but I don't know much about her other than that.

He's not producing every song and he's letting her do the album the way she wants. :3 it's actually probably going to be the best album since ITZ from her >_<

I have actually really warmed to Britney's music in the last few months (didn't use her much previously) so I am hyped as long as she has some non Will.I.Suck tracks.

Till The World Ends/Toxic are timeless. More of that please!

Pretty sure that's just her being tired after slaving away for the people of the world for album 8. Of course, sleeping is something you'd know if you'd do it rather than staying up all night finding unflattering pictures.

ibbWIAs8RvfVUt.gif

Cyno can seethe.

Britney is looking just fine.

Cya all in |OT6|. Gotta run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom