• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bless Xtina for featuring on another hit. Truly the Ashanti of 2013

iiZhYPJQWMfau.gif

SaintZ

I went to get cheeseburger last night and the lady who was preparing it had the radio on then, Feel This Moment came on. It was my first time listening to the song and... I liked it x___x It is the first time I can say I like a Pitbull song and tbh, Xtina made it bearable for me.

ibtjYP59cfeOtJ.gif

botty

Banned
I went to get cheeseburger last night and the lady who was preparing it had the radio on then, Feel This Moment came on. It was my first time listening to the song and... I liked it x___x It is the first time I can say I like a Pitbull song and tbh, Xtina made it bearable for me.

ibtjYP59cfeOtJ.gif

Well, she is the reason the song is getting all this success.

legendtinahpkcg.gif

Nemesis_

SAYYYYY!!!!!

iFM8oPels9XTJ.gif

Bless Xtina for featuring on another hit. Truly the Ashanti of 2013

iiZhYPJQWMfau.gif

Her power!

iclbIYADH4zbm.gif

ibtjYP59cfeOtJ.gif

Well, she is the reason the song is getting all this success.

legendtinahpkcg.gif

iJRGPhgBiBPiI.gif
iJRGPhgBiBPiI.gif
iJRGPhgBiBPiI.gif

BUT WHERE was my unintentional shade

Bladenic

I compared her to Ashanti and talked about how she could only feature on hit songs. It was dropping with shade.

Indeed. And the Extinct fans are pretending she's the reason for the success, when Pitbull is a certified singles artist worldwide. But we should expect no less delusion.

royalan

Indeed. And the Extinct fans are pretending she's the reason for the success, when Pitbull is a certified singles artist worldwide. But we should expect no less delusion.

#Boo, you tried it.

It is NO coincidence that of the FOUR singles from Global Warming (including one that had the support of being used for the Men in Black movie, and another featuring Shakira) it is the single featuring Xtina that is the only one to not flip and flop off the charts. It is the Power of Xtina.

#SorryBoutIt

Radio won't play her music but it should be clear now that she still has an audience checking for her. She NEEDS to PROMOTE and FIX her radio problem. ;___;

royalan

Just to remind you all what a real flop looks like:

ywX8RJh.jpg

"Body Party" is the new single from Ciara's unreleased album One Woman Army.

This will be the fourth single released before the album actually drops.

The poor dear...

iBinRfNEM63wT.gif

SaintZ

That cover looks like something out of the 90's.

L.A. Reid said he was going to focus on Ciara and Avril this year and if this is the way he's handling things... I'm afraid for my canadian queen. He better not fuck this era uP.

royalan

That cover looks like something out of the 90's.

L.A. Reid said he was going to focus on Ciara and Avril this year and if this is the way he's handling things... I'm afraid for my canadian queen. He better not fuck this era uP.

Funny you say that...

eoA9EW6.jpg

ibqCh8520MrdFh.gif

Full audio (poor quality) of Kelly's new country single performed live.
THAT's more like it.
Er0LIO5.png

This is EXACTLY the type of country I was hoping Kelly would do. And the lyrics of the song + name dropping of Pop legends seem to imply that she's not going to commit to one genre over the other. GOOD.

Also that Jared Evan album is pretty good. Oop @ JT.

THAT's more like it.
Er0LIO5.png

Yeah it better slay. If Cuntry will still play Taylor..... they damn well better play Kelly who is a good 3-4x MORE country than Taylor. This is EXACTLY the type of country that I had hoped she would do.

Also 20/20 news.

Apparently HDD has upped its first weeks projections up to 500k. That seems a bit high for me but it looks like he is doing a truly massive amount of promo for it. So who knows? I am far more interested to see whether the album has actual hits that don't require payola to launch.

I have decided to be nicer to JT for a while since he (rightly) called Kelly's voice the best voice in the "universe" after her Grammy performance.

royalan

I no longer care how his album will do, so convinced am I that the music will be awful.

Speaking of album sales...Waffle-sis, do you still have that list of album sale predictions you did a while back? Did I give a prediction for Justin?

I no longer care how his album will do, so convinced am I that the music will be awful.

Speaking of album sales...Waffle-sis, do you still have that list of album sale predictions you did a while back? Did I give a prediction for Justin?

Lol I completely forgot about those. Yes I still have them though we only did Britney, Bey, and Gaga. Didn't even think to add JT after his album was announced.

Rl1G5WX.png

royalan

Lol I completely forgot about those. Yes I still have them though we only did Britney, Bey, and Gaga. Didn't even think to add JT after his album was announced.

Rl1G5WX.png

Hmmmm...

I'm going to continue holding off on a prediction for Britney, but if you add a section for Justin...I'm going to predict 350k for ha.

Hmmmm...

I'm going to continue holding off on a prediction for Britney, but if you add a section for Justin...I'm going to predict 350k for ha.

Sure thing.

I am thinking 400k personally. I think HDD is overestimating his appeal.

Maybe I will make a contest out of it. I am sitting on a bunch of Amazon/iTunes gift cards right now.

Not that I'm taking my numbers back, but we made those predictions before we realized that Beyoncé wasn't going to use the Superbowl to launch her campaign and before Gaga busted her hip! I guess I'll go with 300,000 for JT.

Trigger

Lady Gaga: 1 million!!
Britney: 700k
Justin: 600k

Those are my missing predictions. I see nothing but success for all of my faves.
1Oymt.gif

Fey

Banned
oooh can i be added? *.*

beyonce - 275k
gaga - hmmmm ... i'll go with 400k right now.
britney - 230k
justin - 250k

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 190.577 (-0.923)
2. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 169.364 (+0.858)
3. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 160.279 (-1.272)
4. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 157.370 (-0.496)
5. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 145.581 (+0.200)
6. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 138.183 (+1.919)
7. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 125.111 (-0.423)
8. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 122.354 (+2.079)
9. PINK – Try: 105.100 (-1.523)
10. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 104.088 (+0.445)

11. BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 103.252 (+2.612)
12. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 100.848 (+0.232)
13. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 86.336 (+0.176)
14. RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 80.574 (+0.767) ▲
15. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 78.571 (-1.422) ▼
16. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 75.762 (-0.354)
17. MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 75.079 (+1.111)
18. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 72.197 (-0.488)
19. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 69.919 (-1.060)
20. TIM MCGRAW – One Of Those Nights: 67.292 (+0.299)

PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 65.266 (-0.910)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 62.002 (+0.133)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 60.629 (+1.773)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 58.243 (+0.741)
KENDRICK LAMAR – Poetic Justice f/Drake: 57.493 (+1.105)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 57.008 (+2.601)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 54.033 (+1.401)
LIL WAYNE – Love Me f/Drake & Future: 46.208 (+1.033)
FUN. – Carry On: 45.258 (+0.635)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 42.529 (+1.172)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 41.593 (+1.094)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 38.735 (+0.202)
MUSE – Madness: 30.497 (+0.243)
KREWELLA – Alive: 27.998 (+0.829)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 25.761 (+0.164)

FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 19.470 (+0.518)
NE-YO – Forever Now: 15.956
PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 15.051 (+1.367)
LUMINEERS – Stubborn Love: 9.199 (-0.006)
DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 7.500 (+2.559)
BAAUER – Harlem Shake: 7.260 (-0.012)
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 6.616 (+0.187)
JUSTIN BIEBER – Right Here f/Drake: 6.439
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 6.213 (+0.262)
TAYLOR SWIFT – 22: 3.325 (+0.479)
BRAD PAISLEY – Beat This Summer: 1.970
MARIAH CAREY – Almost Home: 0.448 (-0.038)
DIDO – No Freedom: 0.105

Pop keeps embracing Heart Attack

iCWM8JCFH3ygp.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I see PIU is at 80M AI. What kind of urban/rhythmic smash? And Marius, you "forgot" to highlight stay in red for clocking over a two million update. :)

And not Mimi already clocking negative updates. Poor Diamonds ripoff.

Can you blame us, though? When global pop acts like Rihanna can only bring in 230k first week sales, we can't expect much from local acts.

No shade.

I can't imagine the meltdowns if these pop stars open near what Rihanna did.

Koodo

Banned
I want to amend my Beyoka prediction down to 305,000. This is a safe enough number; I doubt she'll debut higher even with a hit since all the major promotion has been exhausted.

And my Britney prediction will go up to 355,000. The success and exposure of S&S, and her renewed visage are raising my expectationS.

My ARTPOP prediction stays the same. GODGA will rise like a phoenix.

Koodo

Banned
Oh, I forgot about Disgustin's 20/20. Let me predict 340,000. A lukewarm number for the grotesque amount of promotion, and clocked by the ex-girlfriend he is still obsessed with.

Kleptoncé's 5 = 305,000
Gaga's ARTPOP = 670,000
Britney's 8 = 355,000
Disgustin's 20/20 = 340,000

Lady Gaga: 1 million!!
Britney: 700k
Justin: 600k

Those are my missing predictions. I see nothing but success for all of my faves.
1Oymt.gif

JT is one of your fav's now?

oooh can i be added? *.*

beyonce - 275k
gaga - hmmmm ... i'll go with 400k right now.
britney - 230k
justin - 250k

I want to amend my Beyoka prediction down to 305,000. This is a safe enough number; I doubt she'll debut higher even with a hit since all the major promotion has been exhausted.

And my Britney prediction will go up to 355,000. The success and exposure of S&S, and her renewed visage are raising my expectationS.

My ARTPOP prediction stays the same. GODGA will rise like a phoenix.

Wait, I also want to bring down my Beyonce prediction to 290k

I thought she would release around the Super Bowl before

Ok I THINK I got everyone. If I made any mistakes or missed you let me know.

I amended my Bey prediction downwards a bit. I also expect a release within weeks of the super bowl. I revised up my Brit prediction.

(I think that for everyone BUT JT I will cut off predictions when debut singles hit)

L0kvoya.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom