• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

#NAVYCVA

ib16zcpEfZheag.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Does this mean you will give a legit prediction if Rih is added?

Also it is officially SPRING BREAK! Only 1 foot or so of snow on the ground.

I have several projects and papers I need to work on.........I won't though

The question is why would you waste one of the 8 in a Rihanna album when there are better things to predict?

propertyofjolie11.gif

Beyonce: 290K
ARTPOP: 999K
Britney: 350K
JT: 280K
Katy: Fuck Katy
Broke With Expensive Taste: 60K

Gotcha

The question is why would you waste one of the 8 in a Rihanna album when there are better things to predict?

I am considering excluding any artist who released an album last year. We will see (depends on who releases in the second half of the year). Those are too easy..... I don't see 1D or Rih fluctuating that much.

effe

Banned
that commercial was a fucking flop and it should've been a music video for scheisse.

that said, bow to steven klein and he's tweeted that he was working with gaga on something for artpop. and he's working on something w/madonna too.

bow to their w mag collab
W+USA+June+2006+page+159+preview+400.jpg

Touchdown

Banned
Hang it up, Mooriah stans. It's done.

28alt1wdwu7p.gif

No one was here for your carbon copy of Diamonds. They'd much rather hear and buy the real thing.

scaled.phpserver833fi0dkst.gif

HERE COMES THE JUDGE: Even though the show has been on the air for 12 seasons, it’s still a rare event for an American Idol judge to have a single on the Billboard charts as an artist during their tenure on the series. Paula Abdul did it twice, first in 2008 with "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" and again in 2009 with "I'm Just Here for the Music."Jennifer Lopez had four singles chart in 2011-12, starting with "On the Floor." Her fellow judge Steven Tyler charted in 2011 with his solo single "(It) Feels So Good."

This week, this elite list adds another name. Mariah Carey charts for the first time since she became a judge on Idol. Her soundtrack single from the forthcoming Oz the Great and Powerful makes four debuts.

"Almost Home" is a new entry at No. 18 on R&B Songs and bows at No. 9 on the R&B Digital Songs chart. This is Carey’s first appearance on both charts -- no surprise, since both are fairly new in the pantheon of charts compiled every week by Billboard. "Almost Home" is also new at No. 1 on Bubbling Under Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and No. 29 on R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Songs.

Carey has one of the most impressive chart histories of the last quarter-century (she made her debut in 1990), just as Abdul, Tyler and Lopez had a long list of hits prior to appearing on Idol, but being on the show cannot be a hindrance to continued chart success. Look for "Almost Home" to debut on more Billboard charts next week. The Hollywood Reporter .... Mariah to perform "Almost Home" on Idol

tumblr_mij391gyKF1r2cs3io1_400.gif

"Almost Home" is a new entry at No. 18 on R&B Songs and bows at No. 9 on the R&B Digital Songs chart. This is Carey’s first appearance on both charts -- no surprise, since both are fairly new in the pantheon of charts compiled every week by Billboard. "Almost Home" is also new at No. 1 on Bubbling Under Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and No. 29 on R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Songs.

None of that is impressive. R&B is in damn sorry shape right now...... if you have a pulse and a street corner to peddle your albums on you can chart. "Bubbling Under" charts are nothing. They are essentially saying you are ALMOST big enough to be worth putting on the chart.

I like the song, and maybe it will do well. I am not going to judge until she does some promo. It had a negative radio update today so it's definitely not going to smash on its own.

The movie looks awful so I doubt it will help much.

royalan

None of that is impressive. R&B is in damn sorry shape right now...... if you have a pulse and a street corner to peddle your albums on you can chart. "Bubbling Under" charts are nothing. They are essentially saying you are ALMOST big enough to be worth putting on the chart.

I like the song, and maybe it will do well. I am not going to judge until she does some promo. It had a negative radio update today so it's definitely not going to smash on its own.

The R&B chart's not THAT bad. It's the same as any other minor chart. It doesn't get impressive until you're within the Top 10.

Touchdown

Banned

damn debbie
tumblr_lqx4fsKabt1qdbpolo1_500.gif

Nemesis_

HERE COMES THE JUDGE: Even though the show has been on the air for 12 seasons, it’s still a rare event for an American Idol judge to have a single on the Billboard charts as an artist during their tenure on the series. Paula Abdul did it twice, first in 2008 with "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" and again in 2009 with "I'm Just Here for the Music."Jennifer Lopez had four singles chart in 2011-12, starting with "On the Floor." Her fellow judge Steven Tyler charted in 2011 with his solo single "(It) Feels So Good."

This week, this elite list adds another name. Mariah Carey charts for the first time since she became a judge on Idol. Her soundtrack single from the forthcoming Oz the Great and Powerful makes four debuts.

Carey has one of the most impressive chart histories of the last quarter-century (she made her debut in 1990), just as Abdul, Tyler and Lopez had a long list of hits prior to appearing on Idol, but being on the show cannot be a hindrance to continued chart success. Look for "Almost Home" to debut on more Billboard charts next week. The Hollywood Reporter .... Mariah to perform "Almost Home" on Idol

tumblr_mij391gyKF1r2cs3io1_400.gif

get dat promo

ibo3gADjp7BqUr.gif

Nemesis_

I didn't realise this (much like Jessie Ware) but Azealia Banks is attending Future Music Festival. Along with Ellie Goulding and PSY (and some others.)

I will be in attendance, is Azealia worth bothering to see live?

BEWJU9QCcAAvkqC.jpg:large

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I didn't realise this (much like Jessie Ware) but Azealia Banks is attending Future Music Festival. Along with Ellie Goulding and PSY (and some others.)

I will be in attendance, is Azealia worth bothering to see live?

God yes, I saw her at Reading festival last year and she was amazing, best act of the festival for me.

Hi, I'm new

DMeisterJ

Banned
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 60.093 (+3.085)

Rih clocking a massive 3M update, which, coincidentally, is the highest update of the day, again.

#PhuckYoBasic

Hi, I'm new

Hi new guy, welcome to POP-GAF.

Who are your favorite pop stars?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Hi new guy, welcome to POP-GAF.

Who are your favorite pop stars?

i4WbezfpZxIqw.gif

Godga is my HBIC, with Azealia, Lana and Kesha all on tier 2.

Really into Britney, Kylie, Ellie, Marina, Florence, Girls Aloud, Florrie, Charli XCX, Grimes, Icona Pop, Justice, Katy B,
Perra
, MIA, Passion Pit, Santigold, Scissor Sisters and a lot more EDM too

Mau ®

rihanna-giorgio-baldi-west-hollywood-trapstar-custom-biker-jacket-rihanna-for-river-island-thigh-high-slit-tank-dress-tom-ford-lace-up-platform-sandals.jpg

She is too flawless icant. :,)

Rih clocking a massive 3M update, which, coincidentally, is the highest update of the day, again.

#PhuckYoBasic

A balllad scoring the highest update on a FRIDAY icant.

Also some WW stats

WW CHART

#4 - Unapologetic + 74,000 (2,399,000)
#13 - Diamonds + 187.000 (7.091.000)
#4 - Stay + 344.000 (1.122.000)

Look at Unapologetic slaying. I thought it wouldnt be anything by now????? Oh.

Styles

3/2/13: TAYLOR SWIFT – 22: 3.764 (+ 0.439)

Add date for '22' has been moved back a week.

It feels like one of those nights..

ij2yV84IJKTXw.gif

Bladenic

Stefan™;48702648 said:
3/2/13: TAYLOR SWIFT – 22: 3.764 (+ 0.439)

Add date for '22' has been moved back a week.

It feels like one of those nights..

ij2yV84IJKTXw.gif

Can this skank release one of the good songs from Red as a single already?

Also Stay slays so much. I didn't find it memorable at first but OMG I think it's one of Rih's best now.

Styles

Can this skank release one of the good songs from Red as a single already?

Also Stay slays so much. I didn't find it memorable at first but OMG I think it's one of Rih's best now.

All of them will flop. She will extend her MM library with a re-release this fall.

Bladenic

Stefan™;48703002 said:
All of them will flop. She will extend her MM library with a re-release this fall.

You really think State of Grace or Holy Ground would flop :( I wouldn't mind hearing those on the radio all the time. Also MM?

Mau ®

Yasss sis *.*

-----

I think BMR COULD release Trecherous and State of Grace as singles easily... But Im cool with a re-release too, I guess.

DMeisterJ

Banned
WW CHART

#4 - Unapologetic + 74,000 (2,399,000)
#13 - Diamonds + 187.000 (7.091.000)
#4 - Stay + 344.000 (1.122.000)

Look at Unapologetic slaying. I thought it wouldnt be anything by now????? Oh.

#icant with the Unapologetic Era slaying the seed. This imacT is just too much.

i4WbezfpZxIqw.gif

Really into Britney, Kylie, Ellie, Marina, Florence, Girls Aloud, Florrie, Charli XCX, Grimes, Icona Pop, Justice, Katy B,
Perra

I see

You'll have a lot of fans here. Shame you don't stan Rih tho.

Fey

Banned
i4WbezfpZxIqw.gif

Perra

wonderful list but with one notable flaW i c

ibheaGpc2lPOWJ.gif

Nemesis_

i4WbezfpZxIqw.gif

Perra

BLESS we can keep you and your underscore.

ICONIC and IMPACTFUL. Who else but a MONSTER.

ibfu6dE8sNeish.gif

I'm sensing you're from the UK.

A word of warning.

There is another underscore in this thread.
One like me, but fallen.
A dark cousin.
Beware her influence

in1AK7hYOrwyB.gif

Mau ®

A Pour It Up rihmix is coming...

http://www.thisisrnb.com/2013/03/exc...or-pour-it-up/

Rihanna and her team knew what they were doing when they recorded the record “Pour It Up,” produced by Mike Will Made It, which has an almost identical beat to Juicy J’s massive club record “Bandz A Make Her Dance.” The record only surfaced when the album initially leaked, but even before it was in stores the song began getting heavy spins, and now it is a certified standing on couches turnt up anthem.

So, whats the next step, gather as many rappers as possible to make a mega, all-star rap remix! A source revealed to us that the official “Pour It Up (Remix)” is coming soon and it is expected to feature bars from Young Jeezy, Juicy J, 2 Chainz, T.I. and Rick Ross. This would be interesting because Jeezy and Ross have had lyrical beef in the past. We will see how it goes down, but one thing is for sure, Rihanna keeps winning.

Stefan™;48693648 said:
KUNTY PERRA WILL SURPRISE ALL OF YOU AND DEBUT WITH 400k+. Bookmark thiS.

I have no doubt actually. She has massive
breasts
public appeal.

Radio:
1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 189.885 (-0.692)
2. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 169.338 (-0.026)
3. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 158.927 (-1.352)
4. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 156.984 (-0.386)
5. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 145.420 (-0.161)
6. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 139.647 (+1.464)
7. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 124.311 (-0.800)
8. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 123.680 (+1.326)
9. BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 105.265 (+2.013) ▲
10. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 103.802 (-0.286)

11. PINK – Try: 103.740 (-1.360) ▼
12. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 100.873 (+0.025)
13. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 86.220 (-0.116)
14. RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 80.995 (+0.421)
15. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 76.326 (-2.245)
16. MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 75.956 (+0.877) ▲
17. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 75.944 (-0.182) ▼
18. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 72.209 (+0.012)
19. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 68.546 (-1.373)
20. TIM MCGRAW – One Of Those Nights: 67.993 (+0.701)

PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 65.325 (+0.059)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 62.651 (+0.649)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 62.515 (+1.886)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 59.060 (+0.817)
KENDRICK LAMAR – Poetic Justice f/Drake: 57.892 (+0.399)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 55.367 (+1.334)
LIL WAYNE – Love Me f/Drake & Future: 46.917 (+0.709)
FUN. – Carry On: 45.865 (+0.607)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 44.392 (+1.863)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 42.696 (+1.103)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 38.983 (+0.248)
MUSE – Madness: 30.877 (+0.380)
KREWELLA – Alive: 28.764 (+0.766)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 25.682 (-0.079)

FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 19.994 (+0.524)
PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 16.412 (+1.361)
DEMI LOVATO – Heart Attack: 10.190 (+2.690)
LUMINEERS – Stubborn Love: 9.191 (-0.008)
BAAUER – Harlem Shake: 7.811 (+0.551)
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 6.854 (+0.238)
JUSTIN BIEBER – Right Here f/Drake: 6.677 (+0.238)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 6.321 (+0.108)
TAYLOR SWIFT – 22: 3.764 (+0.439)
BRAD PAISLEY – Beat This Summer: 2.467 (+0.497)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Perra

Welcome, you will be used for the onslaught

iOJyDKPLxXQOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom