• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
iV2fLy8ooY6bP.gif

the bandwagon will be doing pick ups each week, better jump on board before you stay in flopville

the bandwagon will be doing pick ups each week, better jump on board before you stay in flopville

Whatever you want to believe.

iOPnpNZDgOLba.gif

This is a blockbuster year for pop girls. Mariah, Katy, Brit, Bey, Gaga, Rih, and who knows how many others are dropping albums this year. Not to mention Demi (who is in the same niche), plus Kelly and P!nk are still releasing singles.

This is not 2012 where Warrior/Lotus/MDNA flops cleared room for a bunch of other artists to rise. Half of the artists I listed could flop and Miley would still get smothered...... and I don't see more than 1 or 2 of them flopping.

Miley could not have chosen a worse time to try for a comeback.

Having the nerve to drag JT and then stanning her?

Lol Miley is the ONE artist that he stans for that I cannot for the life of me understand.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Let me put it on record that I like Miley and I'm here for more Miley. She has never slain me, but she has lightly slain me from time to time.

Bladenic

I'm sure her sound will be fresh (maybe) but her voice will continue to be the same shrieking yelps auto tuned to hell and back. Like Ke$ha but whinier.

I will happily eat crow if she slays.

I'm sure her sound will be fresh (maybe) but her voice will continue to be the same shrieking yelps auto tuned to hell and back. Think Ke$ha but whinier.

I will happily eat crow if she slays.

Sums it up well. Was struggling to find the right way to express what I expect from her.

I actually was mildly fond of her previous work.... but she has done NOTHING to inspire faith in her competence in recent years.

Trigger

The new Miley album will go triple flopnium. She doesn't have any momentum to help carry it and there's no reason to expect something more than a basic pop record with an occasional collab.

Kylie has been spending a lot of time in the studio with Stargate, apparently.

I need new Kylie in my life.

Really, just that one huh?

Yes.

The others at least have their niche. Miley is in limbo and has been for years.

The new Miley album will go triple flopnium. She doesn't have any momentum to help carry it and there's no reason to expect something more than a basic pop record with an occasional collab.

She has been gone too long. Her previous success was due to milking her Hannah roots. She can't depend on that anymore.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
well that was a long pause...

lets go back to praising Miley, her discography

@Miley Cyrus
laying under these stars listening to m record (as it stands) start to finish. dayummmmmm

once RCA is done promoting The 20/06 Experience it will be her turn
let in girls, embrace it
iEhx9oWK5QQ2e.gif

well that was a long pause...

lets go back to praising Miley, her discography

once RCA is done promoting The 20/06 Experience it will be her turn
let in girls, embrace it

iEhx9oWK5QQ2e.gif

Naw. RCA is busy promoting Kelly and P!nk.

You know....their two talented and successful artists that make music people actually WANT to hear.

Is that why Dark Side and Catch My Breath flopped

iEhx9oWK5QQ2e.gif

Catch my Breath just passed 100 million AI and went platinum 5 months after release and is still rising.

I know you are drawn to "flash in the pan" Disney stars.... but slow rise =/= flop. When will Miley or Demi?

Trigger

Well at least now Ke?ha stans can say their fave has surpassed Lotus.

Catch my Breath just passed 100 million AI and went platinum 5 months after release and is still rising.

I know you are drawn to "flash in the pan" Disney stars.... but slow rise =/= flop. When will Miley or Demi?

Finish ha

Artemisia

Banned

you would think a demi stan would understand the bolded, what with GYHAB.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Dead at you thinking Miley hasnt been there done that

with 4 #1 albums and all except one of her singles have gone platinum

and Demi did that with GYHAB

iEhx9oWK5QQ2e.gif

Bladenic

Not the 2006 Disney stans pretending had Miley had any notable success as herself excluding using her name while Hannah Montana was still at the height of popularity.

I guess you all forget her attempt at being her own person, which produced a mega flop in Can't Be Tamed. Noteworthy because that was also a different sound for her. She tried.

only one of those 4 had the name Hannah Montana in it

I guess Kelly's first albums are American Idol's and not hers

Her first album did sell because of Idol. I don't use and don't really consider it "Kelly's".

Honnah Montana..... ahem..... Miley's.... albums may have had her name on them but it was still her association with the show that drove sales. The further from the time of the show we get, the lower her sales go. Her first two albums went 3x platinum. The third platinum, the forth gold. Kelly on the other hand went 3x platinum with her album off the show. Followed by a 6x platinum
When will Miley?
. Her popularity declined with her 3rd album but every album since then has gone up.

Miley has trended downward since she left Hannah, while Kelly has been trending up for years.

Nemesis_

RIP. I didn't say it was good dancing. 1D will never be BSB or N'SYNC. I just thought it was funny how much Niall stands out. He's adorable tho. I can see why Del has claimed him.

I just thought that by saying Niall's dancing was "bad" implied that the others were "good".

itKtWaAeRAkYJ.gif

royalan

After two major single pushes and countless performances and twitter ass-kissing Ke$ha can FINALLY say that she surpassed Lotus (an album Xtina stopped promoting months ago) by a measly 3,000 units.

Meanwhile, Xtina is gearing up to have one of the smashes of the season with Feel This Hit.

Poor Ke$ha stans. Take the victories where you can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom