• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

ke$ha has stans tho?

No, she doesn't...

iVu6QsimKm6RV.gif

After two major single pushes and countless performances and twitter ass-kissing Ke$ha can FINALLY say that she surpassed Lotus (an album Xtina stopped promoting months ago) by a measly 3,000 units.

Meanwhile, Xtina is gearing up to have one of the smashes of the season with Feel This Hit.

Poor Ke$ha stans. Take the victories where you can find them.

iqTFYPIcgNKJc.gif

Ah Xtina and Ke$ha stans fighting over who is less of a flop. How far the mighty have fallen.

DMeisterJ

Banned
After two major single pushes and countless performances and twitter ass-kissing Ke$ha can FINALLY say that she surpassed Lotus (an album Xtina stopped promoting months ago) by a measly 3,000 units.

Meanwhile, Xtina is gearing up to have one of the smashes of the season with Feel This Hit.

Poor Ke$ha stans. Take the victories where you can find them.

Neither one of the album sales is anything to crow about. Both are awful poor efforts from artists who used to be successful. The stans from either side should not find any victory and shade in the numbers since they are abysmal and would signal the end of the career of any pop star on this earth.

The bolded is funny since the Xtina stans are taking victory in a Pitbull song going top 10 on iTunes that Xtina features in. Using features to ascertain your faves relevance is the epitome of taking a victory where you can get it, since you clearly can't get your victories in album sales.

zso17r.gif

Union J’s single is said to be released some time in April. According to George, the single will be “quite upbeat, fun, modern and [will] show off each of our different voices:)x”

April Im so happy! I'm also glad it wont be some ballad.

Also

140113-unionj2.jpg

So much gay male promo.

Oops missed this earlier.

Looking forward to it Delio! Hope it's decent.

Sorry, can we put this minor animosity behind us? I know I shaded your fave but it's silly.

I know Ashanti had more success with singles as a featured artist than lead, but she's sold more albums than Ciara. Regarding the career trajectories thing, I was mainly referring to the fact that their careers sort of went like this:

Album 1: huge success.

Album 2: still a success but a considerable drop in sales.

Album 3: another big drop in sales (bigger in Ciara's case than Ashanti's) with much less successful singles.

Album 4: a complete flop for both

Album 5: both have been delayed and suffered many problems.

Critically, I don't know that well. I know Ciara receives a lot of acclaim for her dancing while Ashanti can't dance worth a lick. Neither receive much acclaim for their vocals (as far I know, correct if wrong).

I wasn't attacking you, but Ciara was tons more relevant in the R&B scene than Ashanti. Ciara just has a harder time pushing albums. Ashanti was a core R&B artist who had a huge problem pushing singles. She only has one platinum single and 2 Golds. No other certifications with singles.

Ciara however was more of a singles artist. 5 Platinums and 3 Golds, with LSM and Ride both being over 400K Ciara also has far more top 5 R&B/Hiphop tracks.

Its when you include features she did for Ja Rule and Fat Joe is when Ashanti seems like a bigger deal than she is.

Additionally, Ciara came at the tail end of Ashanti's 'dominance' anyway.

royalan

Neither one of the album sales is anything to crow about. Both are awful poor efforts from artists who used to be successful. The stans from either side should not find any victory and shade in the numbers since they are abysmal and would signal the end of the career of any pop star on this earth.

The bolded is funny since the Xtina stans are taking victory in a Pitbull song going top 10 on iTunes that Xtina features in. Using features to ascertain your faves relevance is the epitome of taking a victory where you can get it, since you clearly can't get your victories in album sales.

zso17r.gif

And yet, it's still the only one of Pitbull's singles this era to reach potential smash territory...and it doesn't even have a video yet...

And you won't find me defending Xtina's album sales. I just think it's quite comical that, for such a half-assed effort as Lotus was, it was still enough to clock Ke$ha, a current artist with radio backing coming off the back of a successful era. An artist that several people in here were hyping to hell and back...that is, until she flopped.

Who were Ke$ha's stans again? I forget, seeing as they abandoned her faster than Taylor Swift abandons her panties backstage at the Teen Choice Awards.

Nemesis_

I can't wait for Braveheart to release in June.

Especially the tracks "She Can't", "Never Should Have" and "R.I.P."

ibkBDCAUvvu1JZ.gif

royalan

Im the only Ke$ha stan left ;__; everyone just threw her ouT. I'll remember this bitches

You're the exception sis since your pedigree is FLAWLESS, but them OTHER Ke$ha stans? I wouldn't wish that kind of flop stannery on my worst enemy...it was truly sad how they abandoned ha.

iVu6QsimKm6RV.gif

you forgot to mention that warrior is a better album than lotus

Is it though? I wouldn't rank Lotus near my fave's best output, but at least it's was a new direction for my fave, and not just a rehash of past hits and an attempt to bring Radio Disney to the Hot 100.

Kyon

Banned
You're the exception sis since your pedigree is FLAWLESS, but them OTHER Ke$ha stans? I wouldn't wish that kind of flop stannery on my worst enemy...it was truly sad how they abandoned ha.

iVu6QsimKm6RV.gif

wait now that i think about it all i have been listening to was Lotus, Burlesque OST and Warrior the past month. I was also listening to Your Body today on my commute to work. Lotus Intro is still IMMACULATE *O*

Nemesis_

iVu6QsimKm6RV.gif

You mean like how the Fighters abandoned LOTUS and are now focusing on a Pitbull feature?

ijGZqkcQ9u3ti.gif

Yes, truly sad.

iYcBsYMO7P4RI.gif

Artemisia

Banned

iVu6QsimKm6RV.gif

Is it though? I wouldn't rank Lotus near my fave's best output, but at least it's was a new direction for my fave, and not just a rehash of past hits and an attempt to bring Radio Disney to the Hot 100.

'at least it was a new direction' and 'not a rehash' doesn't mean anything when we're comparing the quality of music.

Artemisia

Banned
It's a good thing the music isn't bad then.

But what am I doing arguing with someone who's actually waiting for Matangi...

nnnnn

we all know you are perched too, don't lie

also, I don't think it's fair to write MIA off after one bad album. I mean your fave has more than one, but you get the point.

Koodo

Banned
Only in your mind are the regurgitated concepts of self-worth and self-acceptance that a seemingly more immature Xtincta tried to peddle with LOTUS anything "new." It was like Stripped — already an awful album — but somehow even more half-baked, less sincere and with a horrendously-damaged voice.

I'll give you the Kashier stans as the worst stanbase of the year though. Telling how the former haters were the only ones who bought the album.

iVu6QsimKm6RV.gif

royalan

Only in your mind are the regurgitated concepts of self-worth and self-acceptance that a seemingly more immature Xtincta tried to peddle with LOTUS anything "new." It was like Stripped — already an awful album — but somehow even more half-baked, less sincere and with a horrendously-damaged voice.

I'll give you the Kashier stans as the worst stanbase of the year though. Telling how the former haters were the only ones who bought the album.

iVu6QsimKm6RV.gif

But how do we say we're sorry, Koo? Howwww do we say we're sorry?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
stanning Ke$ha is like an ok joke, you dont take it seriously and just use it for a bit
the excitement is minimal and sometimes makes you look bad

there is nothing worth praising from a piss drinker, just bop to it
tumblr_mh2pngbPxy1rqprtbo2_400.jpg

Aguila

#ICONIC
I can barely stand Crystina's talking voice; I'm surprised I actually liked two songs from Lotus. Her flopping comes as no surprise to me tho. The world is only here for her as a featured artist. Her overbearing voice is bearable in small doses.

As for Ke$ha, she actually made music that I liked this time around so I'm not surprised that she flopped.

botty

Banned
It really comes as no surprise that when Xtina is rising up the charts, the seething begins again. Who else but a legend could ignite this kind of fire up the anuses of so many stans?

iobYkuMnmTjSf.gif

It really comes as no surprise that when Xtina is rising up the charts, the seething begins again. Who else but a legend could ignite this kind of fire up the anuses of so many stans?

Pitbull must have been working out..... I don't envy the effort it takes to drag Xtina up the charts.

For serious though. Hit features are not impressive unless you can also get hits on your own. Which Xtina can't seem to do.

royalan

Pitbull must have been working out..... I don't envy the effort it takes to drag Xtina up the charts.

For serious though. Hit features are not impressive unless you can also get hits on your own. Which Xtina can't seem to do.

I would say hit features weren't impressive if just anyone could get them. Which, clearly...

cjIrKU3.jpg

isn't true.

As I said before, if anything, this proves that there is still an audience there for Christina. All this talk of "the world not being there for her solo material, people don't like her voice for an entire song wahhh!" doesn't actually address the issue, since the world is either here for you or noT.

Hopefully, the fact that her features keep doing well forces Team Xtina to evaluate why they aren't able to leverage that audience for Xtina's solo work. The answer at this point is obviously radio.

effe

Banned
That new Daft Punk has put me on a 70s/80s kick, and I inevitably came back to Goldfrapp's Head First. Hated it, but now I'm loving it. Almost as much as Seventh Tree/Supernature.

Lahv it.

Nemesis_

Azealia was really good guys, 212 went fucking OFF. It's a shame she's a vile cunt homophobe.

I AGREE NEM

WE ARE NOT WORTHY OF MIA UPLOADING A MIX OF HER NEW ALBUM ON SOUNDCLOUD

https://soundcloud.com/miauk/mia-matangi-mix-for-kenzo/s-a7kfp

IM CRYING IT'S FUCKING FLAWLESS ROY WILL EAT HA WORDS

EDIT: the beat at 4:22

cryingx8uxi.gif

OMG THE BEATS

ij1Wp4WqUGXmW.gif

THIS VAST IMPROVEMENT AFTER ?|/\/\/\\/|AAYAH

ibuGHEr4Jck1e6.gif

THE LYRICS

iIXh8OfR9dEBO.gif

IM THANKFUL FOR MY HANDS
IM THANKFUL FOR MY BODY
COS ITS A FUCKEN BANGER
IM THANKFUL FOR MY MOUTH
COS ITS A REALY fndwincwieif

ibfrD7fMzpMYUO.gif
ibfrD7fMzpMYUO.gif
ibfrD7fMzpMYUO.gif

MAH POWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

iHaclHsrbcjUr.gif
iHaclHsrbcjUr.gif
iHaclHsrbcjUr.gif

Artemisia

Banned
The part at 4:22 is truly everything

azealiabanks-212atradyda8u.gif

if there was ever something that would eliminate all my doubt of this being another mess album, it's that

Nemesis_

The part at 4:22 is truly everything

azealiabanks-212atradyda8u.gif

if there was ever something that would eliminate all my doubt of this being another mess album, it's that

I'm pretty late to M.I.A. (I only just bought her discography and listened to them about two to three months ago) but I honestly feel like this mixtape clocks almost all of her work thus far based on my listening. It's easily fixes up the.....transgression of ]\o\3i34AYA

It's very impressive. The bops *.*

iKVMqbu61gRAB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom