• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

Please tell me she did NOT say that

ipYm2fEo53DmW.gif

Unfortunately, she did
n't.

ij2yV84IJKTXw.gif

Mau ®

lol @ DMJ pulling a Marius with the radio updates.

And YASSSSS at Rih having 2 increasing songs on top 20 of radio. What kind of perfect multi-format command? She is truly is the radio queen
legend.gif

Are blink-182 pop enough for PopGAF?

In the event that they are, I just want to comment on how utterly mediocre their live performance was at Soundwave today. I have always wanted to see them play, but the whole 'I f*cked your mom' jokes are just awkward and weird coming from people in their late thirties with wives and children.

Crossed off the list of artists I've wanted to see though I guess.

Nemesis_

Are blink-182 pop enough for PopGAF?

In the event that they are, I just want to comment on how utterly mediocre their live performance was at Soundwave today. I have always wanted to see them play, but the whole 'I f*cked your mom' jokes are just awkward and weird coming from people in their late thirties with wives and children.

Crossed off the list of artists I've wanted to see though I guess.

Our definition of Pop changes so much ;_;

Anyway, Azealia is being messy AGAIN

Azealia Banks unleashes her inner dominatrix in the video for Shystie‘s banger (emphasis on the “bang” part) “Control It.” The Oliver Whitehouse-directed video evokes an S&M dungeon in some sexy version of Hell, replete with leashes, whips and oversized gummy bears. It’s a perfectly filthy companion piece to Lil Wayne‘s “Love Me” clip. Check it out up top, and then head below to see the unflattering things Azealia has said about the clip.

Banks appears on the British rapper’s track here after featuring Shystie on “Neptune” from her Fantasea mixtape last year. Shystie’s Pink Mist EP drops on April 28.

UPDATE: Azealia has just tweeted about the video, and it seems she’s none too pleased with the finished product.

Azealia said:
This control it video is soooooo bogus.

iZzWH3OOgUEkQ.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
OMG not only do you has good taste in music but your avatar is of Queen Mila. Respect.

Kunis Christ is devoid of flaws, she's going to slay in Oz

That Azealia/shystie video has been made private now, anyone got a link to a duplicate? Want to see whats so bad

Nemesis_

JT gets a #1 in the UK

Justin Timberlake's "Mirrors" became his first solo U.K. No. 1 single for six-and-a-half years on Sunday's new sales charts, as Emeli Sandé's "Our Version of Events" stayed atop the album survey.

Timberlake's one previous chart-topping single in the U.K. was "SexyBack" in September 2006. That came after three of his releases peaked at No. 2 ("Like I Love You," "Cry Me A River" and "Rock Your Body"), as would another straight afterwards, "My Love" featuring TI. He's had two other singles bestsellers as a collaborator, on Timbaland's "Give It To Me" in 2007, with Nelly Furtado, and Madonna's "4 Minutes" in 2008, also featuring Timbaland.

"Mirrors" outstripped south London band Bastille's "Pompeii" by some 13,000 sales last week, according to the Official Charts Company.

"Pompeii" follows Bastille's No. 21 success last October with "Flaws," and both tracks are on their debut album "Bad Blood," released in the U.K. today (Monday). One Direction's Comic Relief single "One Way Or Another (Teenage Kicks)," which topped the chart last week, fell to No. 3.

East London rapper Wiley scored a third top ten hit with "Reload," featuring Chip (formerly known as Chipmunk), at No. 9. Pink's "Just Give Me A Reason," featuring Nate Ruess, climbed 16-10.

Sandé's album sales had advanced to 1.66 million by last Saturday at midnight, as "Events" spends a 55th consecutive week in the U.K. top ten. That's second only for a debut album behind the Beatles' 62 weeks for "Please Please Me" in 1963 and '64, a record Sandé is on course to overtake at the end of April.

Mumford & Sons held at No. 2 on the new chart with "Babel," with the "Les Miserables" score album back up 5-3 and Island's Ben Howard steady at No. 4 with "Every Kingdom." Four new titles started inside the top ten, led by "Amok," the debut album by Atoms For Peace, featuring Radiohead's Thom Yorke, their producer Nigel Godrich and Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers.

West End musical star and show tunes vocalist Michael Ball debuted at No. 8 with "Both Sides Now," his 18th chart album and sixth top tenner in an album chart career dating back to 1992. Josh Groban, meanwhile, made the U.K. album top ten for the first time with "All That Echoes."

Former Smiths mainstay and widely-travelled collaborator Johnny Marr made his chart debut in his own name with "The Messenger," a new entry at No. 10.

London indie band Palma Violets just missed out on a top ten debut at No. 11 with "180." Further down the chart, there was a No. 24 start for "Lost In You" (Sony), a new studio set by 80-year-old veteran entertainer Petula Clark.

Modern-day progressive music figurehead Steven Wilson, of Porcupine Tree, entered at No. 28 with his solo set "The Raven That Refused To Sing." UMTV/Universal's "BRIT Awards 2013" collection started a second week atop the compilation chart.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1550556/justin-timberlake-scores-first-uk-no-1-since-sexyback

iWJOZgxxe3Bls.gif

=================

Alicia Keys talks about meeting somebody else's her husband.

Last night (March 3), Alicia Keys kicked off the third season of ‘Oprah’s Master Class’ with some of the biggest revelations she’s had in her career thus far. The format is simple — Keys reminisces as she sits in front of a backdrop — but her answers may surprise even her biggest fans.

As expected, Keys talked about the first time she met label executive Clive Davis (at his office, its walls covered with photographs of musical idols) and the first time she met her husband, Swizz Beatz (“He’s just bubbling over with life”). But when she remembers what it was like to be 16 or 17 — in her case, having to choose between Columbia University and Columbia Records — Keys really opens up on her biggest, but most loving critic: her mother, a paralegal who knew how to interrogate her daughter.

Watch Keys talk about Swizz Beats up top, then check out other highlights from her ‘Oprah’s Master Class’ interview after the jump.

http://idolator.com/7444669/alicia-keys-oprahs-master-class-interview

imsHqkMJWeh1b.gif

Artemisia

Banned
that shot of the unapologetic cover without the marker all over the body makes it look like it was painted rather than shot.

Does any rih stan have info on this????

Mau ®

that shot of the unapologetic cover without the marker all over the body makes it look like it was painted rather than shot.

Does any rih stan have info on this????

It's a pic. I saw other pics from that same set (including a few that don't cover her tits kiiii).

I guess it's kinda strange seeing it without all the marker text.

EDIT: Is it me or is Rih starting to get a little on the skinny side? It suits her face well but her T&A are starting to suffer.

DMeisterJ

Banned
It would be cute if they uploaded footage where Rihanna was at least pretending to be interested or AWAKE.

Yes, Rihanna was asleep during rehearsals. It'd be nice if your Rih shade wasn't so one note to just blindly dislike anything she does.

To actually respond to your post, PIU is a slow song, it doesn't involve a whole lot of movement due to the tempo. I can post vids of her doing choreography for her dance songs, but I won't bother since it really isn't worth my time to prove you wrong.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I want to go to the Red Tour just to see that dubstep version of IKYWT performed live

ibx6INJKC6n3bI.gif

but this bitch had to sellout her tickets within the hour. The Lord, Her Power
himzayrakks9g.gif

Nemesis_

Yes, Rihanna was asleep during rehearsals. It'd be nice if your Rih shade wasn't so one note to just blindly dislike anything she does.

To actually respond to your post, PIU is a slow song, it doesn't involve a whole lot of movement due to the tempo. I can post vids of her doing choreography for her dance songs, but I won't bother since it really isn't worth my time to prove you wrong.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

Bitch you know I don't dislike ANYTHING she does, didn't I tell you I bought Diamond when it came out? I know it's ONE SMALL THING but it doesn't mean ANYTHING.

But bless me for being the one to get something out of you besides an iTunes update.

My worK is donE.

iRL3PYgntmhMI.gif

EDIT: Is it me or is Rih starting to get a little on the skinny side? It suits her face well but her T&A are starting to suffer.

She doesn't look that bad, but she has been busy :eli:

ibgt0eTiFMny3W.gif

but this bitch had to sellout her tickets within the hour. The Lord, Her Power
himzayrakks9g.gif

Never underestimate tweens with their mothers' credit cards.

Mau ®

I read a thread at ATRL where the TayLORD and BeyHIV were fighting to see hew would score the biggest tour this year.

Im hoping THE LORD gets it and obliterates Bey. But a lot of it rests on her WW performance, where Bey has an advantage.

himzayrakks9g.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I read a threat at ATRL where the TayLORD and BeyHIV were fighting to see hew would score the biggest tour this year.

Im hoping THE LORD gets it and obliterates Bey. But a lot of it rests on her WW performance, where Bey has an advantage.

himzayrakks9g.gif

Taylor will smash Beyonce's gross to smithereens and it will only make Beyonce's desire to be a white woman grow even stronger.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I read a threat at ATRL where the TayLORD and BeyHIV were fighting to see hew would score the biggest tour this year.

himzayrakks9g.gif

I RED that thread as well. The Beyhive are clinging to tour receipts since there really is nothing to stan for if you stan for Bey at the moment. You can't stan for an album that did awful for Beyonce standards, and you can't stan for 4's singles that did nothing. You have to come for if she'll have the highest grossing tour this year, which is hilarious since her ticket prices are in the range of Rihanna's, which means you have to do a fuckton of shows to make some real money, or play to huge venues. And Bey ISN'T playing stadiums.

Rih really might outgross her.

Mau ®

I RED that thread as well. The Beyhive are clinging to tour receipts since there really is nothing to stan for if you stan for Bey at the moment. You can't stan for an album that did awful for Beyonce standards, and you can't stan for 4's singles that did nothing. You have to come for if she'll have the highest grossing tour this year, which is hilarious since her ticket prices are in the range of Rihanna's, which means you have to do a fuckton of shows to make some real money, or play to huge venues. And Bey ISN'T playing stadiums.

Rih really might outgross her.

Yup.

The Beyhive has been pretty delusional lately tbh. Roy needs to register up on ATRL and expose the Tea.

Koodo

Banned
and let's not pretend that you would run to see Adele if she was sitting in a stool at a venue near you
Much like Taylor Swift's hymen, evidence of this claim remains unseen.

oopbye0ysoq.gif

It would be cute if they uploaded footage where Rihanna was at least pretending to be interested or AWAKE.
This is the reason why I have yet to be convinced to attend a Rihfund concert. It's already tragic enough that Rihlapse's energy levels during rehearsals would make a sloth look like a close descendant of the puma; I shudder to think how positively anemic she will look and sound in the middle of a strenuous tour.

I read a thread at ATRL where the TayLORD and BeyHIV were fighting to see hew would score the biggest tour this year.

Poor 2013, clinging to touring acts with questionable worldwide appeal and insipid ticket prices.

iqaxOOzj2mi2K.gif

Artemisia

Banned
This is the reason why I have yet to be convinced to attend a Rihfund concert. It's already tragic enough that Rihlapse's energy levels during rehearsals would make a sloth look like a close descendant of the puma; I shudder to think how positively anemic she will look and sound in the middle of a strenuous tour.

So you're telling me that you've considered attending?

iEECfU5wKemxP.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Poor 2013, clinging to touring acts with questionable worldwide appeal and insipid ticket prices.

iqaxOOzj2mi2K.gif

Doesn't matter anyway. St!nk will likely clock all of them. Notice how the Beyhive don't mention her at all. They have their sights set on an artist with no WW appeal, and an artist who just made $90M on tour last year.

Those lowered standards.

Styles

iqaxOOzj2mi2K.gif

It is better to have sold out tickets at consumer friendly prices than to have a surplus of them that are later given out for free because they were priced above the ceiling.

Mau ®

These lies. I said the exact same thing I posted here.

iEECfU5wKemxP.gif

Do NOT deny it.

Ch... I knew I should've taken a screencap of that.

iEECfU5wKemxP.gif

You werent enthusiastic about it. You just said you might go to the next tour cuz this one was sold out. ch...

Mau ®

Stefan™;48930387 said:
It is better to have sold out tickets at consumer friendly prices than to have a surplus of them that are later given out for free because they were priced above the ceiling.

Who are we shading here?

iEECfU5wKemxP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom