• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Oh, I have missed so much in such a short time... all that new music posted, and Kyon getting banned (what happened?).

anyway, Artemisia... I was wrong, and you were right. I think you know what I am talking about.

Oh, Slay This Moment @ #7 on iTunes.

Dale!

legendtinax5lts.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Fire_Emblem_Awakening_box_art.png

iWTbI6OaY5qSf.gif

Started a new game, Hard/Classic still, and now I live and breathe this game.

YAS BOTTY

iWTbI6OaY5qSf.gif

you better not be skipping the story, btw. i mean it's not a masterpiece, but it's still interesting to follow.

today is the last day you can get the DLC for free, so get on thaT

botty

Banned
YAS BOTTY

iWTbI6OaY5qSf.gif

you better not be skipping the story, btw. i mean it's not a masterpiece, but it's still interesting to follow.

I was literally skipping everything in my first play through, but now I musT repenT. The relationship system, the class system, the weapons, the items, the strategy. :air:

The story is actually quite good too.

Emm's sacrifice
was so iconiC.
iWTbI6OaY5qSf.gif

My copy of something I can't talk about is on it's way too.

iWTbI6OaY5qSf.gif

Except I'm sworn to secrecy

Your teasing!

5zvrU.png

Bladenic

I dont understand whats the problem with Taylor using HER LIFE EXPERIENCES as inspiration for her songs, using that the usual thing for our faves?

- Rihanna has used Chris Brown as the template for two albums.
- ADELE's 19 and 21 are entirely about one guy per album.
- Xtina has used her relationships with men throughout her life for all her albums since Stripped.

You know what the funny thing is bout this post? Extinct is the only flop among the artists you listed.

Where did the term "#Navy" originate? Did it have to do with Battleship or did that happen before?

And Britney stans are called "army"? I just called them "bottoms".

Probably a good idea. We all know you've got one tew many STRIKES on that record.

You practically need to be fingerprinted to get accepted to new forums now. Kii

royalan

You know what the funny thing is bout this post? Extinct is the only flop among the artists you listed.

...you keep trying it, Ke$ha Stan.

The reason Taylor gets shit is because she makes the speculation about what man she's singing about the REASON to listen to her music. She's actively used her high profile relationships to get attention and it's delusional to think otherwise.

Xtina has used the men in her life as inspiration, but never the main attraction, and she rarely ever goes into specifics with the men she's talking about (and, in a lot of cases we still don't know who she's referring to in her music). Because, like a bad bitch, the music she makes is about HER, not the men.

Rihanna makes songs about Chris Brown, and pretty much Chris Brown only.

I had a dream that I was performing at the Superbowl halftime show and my hair was on fire the whole time like Hades from Disney's Hercules but it was on purpose. And then I strut around like Beyonce and swoop 45 degrees downwards on each side of the stage to light up these giant candles with my hair, and then I summoned Bulbasaur and Squirtle to help me out with Single Ladies. I think halfway through the number I realize that Justin Timberlake might be watching from his home so I get nervous and pee a little, but then I realized that I was Fergie the whole time so I calmed down a bit.

#popgafconfessions

where is crumpet and ha dream journal. She will decipher this.
As you wish:

When you dream that you are on fire, it means that you are being consumed by your own ambition (I suppose that explains Alicia Key's relentless promo schedule). Lighting candles means that you have recently been enlightened (perhaps this could be referring to your recent induction into the Kelluminati?) I couldn't find anything about Pokemon but to see a video game character implies that you are working on manipulating and controlling others (truly a Beyonce/Kelly/Michelle relationship). To dream about urinating in public means that you are experiencing a lack of privacy in some personal matter and/or a cleansing and release of negative emotions.
iZLOBpqYcLOCw.gif

Artemisia

Banned
...you keep trying it, Ke$ha Stan.

The reason Taylor gets shit is because she makes the speculation about what man she's singing about the REASON to listen to her music. She's actively used her high profile relationships to get attention and it's delusional to think otherwise.

But that's not true, and not the reason she gets shit.

Just admit it sis. The general public has a problem with her having many sexual partners (which isn't even true) and slut shames her as a result.

royalan

But that's not true, and not the reason she gets shit.

Just admit it sis. The general public has a problem with her having many sexual partners (which isn't even true) and slut shames her as a result.

I'm sorry then, I must have just imagined the part where she dressed up as Harry Styles for some video shoot. Or where she admitted to using the men she dates for songs. Or all the direct references to tabloid moments in those shitty Xanga posts she calls songs.

My faves got dragged through the slut dirt just for being real about their sexuality (despite the fact that Xtina was in a monogamous relationship for damn near a decade), so excuse me (princess) for not giving Taylor Swift a pass when she actually DOES spread her COOCHIE out like so many jars of dollar store mayonnaise just because she also wants to peddle a sweetheart image. Sorry, boo.

DMeisterJ

Banned
1. BRUNO MARS - UNORTHODOX JUKEBOX 96,081
2. ATOMS FOR PEACE - AMOK 49,815
3. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - THE HEIST 43,773
4. MUMFORD & SONS - BABEL 42,095
5. HILLSONG UNITED - ZION 34,994
6. VARIOUS ARTISTS - NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 45 32,749
7. LUMINEERS - LUMINEERS 29,837
8. RIHANNA - UNAPOLOGETIC 28,488
9. ADELE - 21 27,911
10. JOSH GROBAN - REPRISE 27,616

Bruno deservedly clocks a #1 album for UJ.

And Unapologetic's longevity *.* total is 780k.

9. ADELE - 21 27,911

Bruno's sales have had impressive legs. Should be up around 150k-200k for the week world wide.... which would put him at #1 WW as well.

As you wish:

When you dream that you are on fire, it means that you are being consumed by your own ambition (I suppose that explains Alicia Key's relentless promo schedule). Lighting candles means that you have recently been enlightened (perhaps this could be referring to your recent induction into the Kelluminati?) I couldn't find anything about Pokemon but to see a video game character implies that you are working on manipulating and controlling others (truly a Beyonce/Kelly/Michelle relationship). To dream about urinating in public means that you are experiencing a lack of privacy in some personal matter and/or a cleansing and release of negative emotions.
iZLOBpqYcLOCw.gif

Hahahahahaha

This is why I love you.

9. ADELE - 21 27,911

Yaaaas Macklemore and Mumford. QUEENS

royalan

Also, Taylor deserves several draggings for that awful VF interview for the following 2 reasons:

1) "I don't talk about my love life....but I'll 'authorize' someone to give you all the grimy details FOR ME"

2) "Bla Bla Bla Harry pursued Taylor! She was minding her own innocent business being all innocent and such and he pursued HER for a year. She had nothing to do with the relationship! In fact, she showed no agency at all like a good little girl! It was ALL Harry! That bad, bad MAN."

Pathetic. Taylor really should be embarrassed for being such a fucking punk and playing herself like that.

And THAT is the crux of why she gets dragged, because she acts like she's a little ass girl when, really, she's a grown ass woman acting like a child. You're 23, Taylor. Grow up.

The true bad bitches of Pop who TRULY inspire girls to be unapologetically themselves (Xtina, Rihanna, Gaga, Madonna, etc. ) wouldn't be caught DEAD being so dishonestly timid about their sexuality.

Taylor is a fucking disgrace. Just admit that you Stan for that, Arte.

Artemisia

Banned
I'm sorry then, I must have just imagined the part where she dressed up as Harry Styles for some video shoot. Or where she admitted to using the men she dates for songs. Or all the direct references to tabloid moments in those shitty Xanga posts she calls songs.

My faves got dragged through the slut dirt just for being real about their sexuality (despite the fact that Xtina was in a monogamous relationship for damn near a decade), so excuse me (princess) for not giving Taylor Swift a pass when she actually DOES spread her COOCHIE out like so many jars of dollar store mayonnaise just because she also wants to peddle a sweetheart image. Sorry, boo.

'dressing like harry styles' in the 22 video shoot, the only song on the record not strictly about one of her relationships

kenya8.gif

I don't ever recall her saying she 'uses' men to write her music in the sense that she seeks them out to find something to write about. But it's clear she does draw on her relationships to write her songs. Which many artists do.

kenya8.gif

I do feel bad for the artists who got slut shamed earlier, but I don't think that is Taylor is undeserving of that same sympathy because she expresses herself sexually in a way that you don't see fit: somewhere in between overly sexual and lewd and virginal. Like I don't understand. What do you want from her?

kenya8.gif

Also, Taylor deserves several draggings for that awful VF interview for the following 2 reasons:

1) "I don't talk about my love life....but I'll 'authorize' someone to give you all the grimy details FOR ME"

2) "Bla Bla Bla Harry pursued Taylor! She was minding her own innocent business being all innocent and such and he pursued HER for a year. She had nothing to do with the relationship! In fact, she showed no agency at all like a good little girl! It was ALL Harry! That bad, bad MAN."

Pathetic. Taylor really should be embarrassed for being such a fucking punk and playing herself like that.

And THAT is the crux of why she gets dragged, because she acts like she's a little as girl when, really, she's a grown ass woman acting like a child. You're 23, Taylor. Grow up.

The true bad bitches of Pop who TRULY inspire girls to be unapologetically themselves (Xtina, Rihanna, Gaga, Madonna, etc. ) wouldn't be caught DEAD being so dishonestly timid about their sexuality.

you know her bad bitch album is coming

her authorizing a source to speak for her is very uncharacteristic of her (she has never done this thing before AFAIK), so you can tell all the negative attention she is attracting is getting to her.

be perched.

kenya8.gif

Mau ®

And THAT is the crux of why she gets dragged, because she acts like she's a little as girl when, really, she's a grown ass woman acting like a child. You're 23, Taylor. Grow up.

But why are you pressed?

2jxxevoij7j.gif

Fey

Banned
macklemore's album @ 3 while their new single is now in the top 15? but i thought they were 1 hit wonders??

ibtQedLJcfsqv5.gif

Artemisia

Banned
macklemore's album @ 3 while their new single is now in the top 15? but i thought they were 1 hit wonders??

ibtQedLJcfsqv5.gif

Making rap music white people can feel comfortable listening to, with a dash of humor and preachy social justice can get you a long way.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

effe

Banned
mackerelmore is what's wrong with america. commercially praised for appropriating black culture and rapping about things that aren't so gangster. They're fucking awful. Goodbye.

tumblr_lw76wpPqtc1qctz0n.gif

Fey

Banned
Making rap music white people can feel comfortable listening to, with a dash of humor and preachy social justice can get you a long way.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

i feel like they appeal to "hipsters" what with their instagram style pictures/video and love for "uncool" fashion (eg this pic), and features on their songs by people who nobody know.

ibuRxUpWCXOyFh.gif

i won't deny that i like thrift shop and can't hold us tho
iZLOBpqYcLOCw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom