• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Katy could make the list with another TD level era... but that seems unlikely.
Not as unlikely as Gaga having another 2009 tho

Trigger

kiiiiii at the Katy Kats seething because she didnt make the list
lmfao.gif

I'm not sure why they would. I felt like she sort of lucked out with the Teenage Dream singles. I doubt she can really repeat such a run.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Yes.

That article forgot to mention the one thing about Rihanna that makes her queen over all who try it: her multi-format appeal. Rihanna doesn't just flood the world with singles, she floods the world with singles that can chart high on any number formats. If it's a chart that matters, Rih WILL find a way to get on it.

You used to be able to say this about Gaga, but she's gone too Pop at this point.

Gaga's best days are behind her. You heard it here first.

ab6d3f1c.gif
ab6d3f1c.gif
ab6d3f1c.gif
ab6d3f1c.gif
ab6d3f1c.gif

royalan

I dunno. This year is so full of half-stepping already that I'm getting afraid because I feel like all the other girls are just leaving the window wide open for Katy to SNATCH.

And people SHOULD be afraid. Her album sales weren't anything to write home about, but homegirl clocked #1s last era like it wasn't but a thang.

Katy is the dark horse. The one girl for whom the phrase "don't count da bitch out" most applies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Every time Gaga is mentioned, I can't help but think of how amazing ARTPOP will be. My hype level is off the charts for this album.

Give it to me Gaga. Give. It. To. Me.

tumblr_mftdqw00i61rektoxo4_250.gif

Fey

Banned
i am here for katy having another TDesque era. all 8 singles are pretty average but i would be lying if i said i didn't BOP to each of them at some point.

Mau ®

I hope Katy did took up on the M83's offer to write and produce for her next album.

So far she's been working with the same people behind Teenage Dream aside from the key ingredient: Dr. Luke.

royalan

I hope Katy did took up on the M83's offer to write and produce for her next album.

So far she's been working with the same people behind Teenage Dream aside from the key ingredient: Dr. Luke.

She's writing with Siasus tho.

Which means she's guaranteed to have at least one good song.

Mau ®

Oh yes I forgot Sia.

Let's be honest though. The only time Sia has written a hit for somebody (that she wasnt featured in) was Diamonds. Her songs with Rita Ora and Xtina didn't really do much, despite the fact that her work on Bionic was truly flawless.

royalan

Oh yes I forgot Sia.

Let's be honest though. The only time Sia has written a hit for somebody (that she wasnt featured in) was Diamonds. Her songs with Rita Ora and Xtina didn't really do much, despite the fact that her work on Bionic was truly flawless.

Combine Sia's masterful songwriting with Katy Perry's ability to clock #1s like Taylor Swift clocks lesions, and I think you have big potential for another Diamonds-like hit.

Nemesis_

Could it be about that thing with Rihanna?

Klein is working on something with Gaga, as well as a collaboration between Madonna x Rihanna.

He's been very active on Twitter lately, whatever he has been working on (presumably this is the Rihanna project) is very close to being revealed.

That Insta is visually / artistically very similar to the teaser he posted

Or she just watch the POPGAF Grammys

Combine Sia's masterful songwriting with Katy Perry's ability to clock #1s like Taylor Swift clocks lesions, and I think you have big potential for another Diamonds-like hit.

Come now. Katy's hits generally sell far better than Diamonds.

I am here for ANYTHING from Sia either way.

Koodo

Banned
Come now. Katy's hits generally sell far better than Diamonds.

I am here for ANYTHING from Sia either way.
Indeed. Katy Lee Johnson is a far superior singles artist than Rihanus, and with a more consistent track record. The only thing holding back on making this an official statement in the long-term is that the overwhelming majority of her hits were made by Dr. Fluke, and those two have been divorced.

While Katy Lee Johnson is vile, I can't help but be perchedT for the Sia collab(s).

Mau ®

I'd like to be able to defend TaylorD on this one but that Tina/Amy quote really is terrible. The stuff of PR nightmares.

Also, Koodo is truly an amazing writer *.*

igX9QsuuJBN5L.gif

as if that proposed album would even make a dent to ARTPOP, after all She Wolf flopped

Much more likely that Gaga would just cancel it.

Why make an album called ARTPOP when the true ARTPOP has already been released?

I am sure Gaga will make a nice opening act for Sia's ascension either way.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I love when people try to say what ARTPOP means when the era hasnt even started nor have we heard any of the music. Right now yall are making it seem like it means the peak of pop music

the HIGH standards, only for the queen
5213845ybugwjcjlbufw.gif

Bladenic

A Sia/Guetta collab album would bring me to my knees. Too bad She Wolf wasn't a hit (at least in America) because it's amazing.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Waffles didnt say that. At all lol.

really because all I am getting from this

Why make an album called ARTPOP when the true ARTPOP has already been released?

is that Guetta's album would be better therefore it deserves the title ARTPOP because for some reason ARTPOP is synonymous with high quality pop music. And if this logic was to be applied to every album then only the best album ever should be called ARTPOP

5213845ybugwjcjlbufw.gif

really because all I am getting from this

is that Guetta's album would be better therefore it deserves the title ARTPOP because for some reason ARTPOP is synonymous with high quality pop music. And if this logic was to be applied to every album then only the best album ever should be called ARTPOP

...or it could be that Sia's (Guetta would be listed as a feature) would be so much better than Gaga's that its a waste of time to try to even release it.

Nothing in my post alluded to, or rated, quality other than saying Sia's would be better. That COULD mean that Sia's is just OK while Gaga's is trash, or that they are both godly only Sia's more-so.

Considering the messy era that Gaga has gone through coming up to ARTPOP it's unsurprising that a bit of a drunken haze has set in with her little monsters.

Trigger

Ummm

1hsqW.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
...or it could be that Sia's (Guetta would be listed as a feature) would be so much better than Gaga's that its a waste of time to try to even release it.

Nothing in my post alluded to, or rated, quality other than saying Sia's would be better. That COULD mean that Sia's is just OK while Gaga's is trash, or that they are both godly only Sia's more-so.

Considering the messy era that Gaga has gone through coming up to ARTPOP it's unsurprising that a bit of a drunken haze has set in with her little monsters.

Bye, you are still trying to relate the word ARTPOP to mean better than something else

5213845ybugwjcjlbufw.gif

Bye, you are still trying to relate the word ARTPOP to mean better than something else

You missed my edit. I guess I will edit it into a new post.

To be clear I never intended it to come off as "only the best album ever should be called ARTPOP". Simply that I EXPECT the album to go in a dance/club direction which is Sia/Guetta's strong suites. If ARTPOP=Dance then Sia's ARTPOP > Gaga's ARTPOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom