• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

effe

Banned
they do, but I don't t think you see the problem with this dude. I think 50% of my dislike of this dude is the fact that he gets attention from people who say they don't usually listen to hip-hop and yet somehow have a lot of opinions about the state of a genre they admit to not listening to. the other half is him making this music and appropriating MY culture.

may mackerelmore sit the fuck down and never rise from his seat.

366693_o.gif

Artemisia

Banned
now wait soulsis

madonna's choreo on the MDNA tour was on point. I mean it wasn't vigorous, but she was doing the moves properly (unlike gaga) and keeping up with her dancers just fine. If she can do that at 50, there's no reason Beyonce (someone who is likely equally as fit) can.

Trigger

Plz. Certified Top. Slaying asses since 1995. Let's not pretend the real bottoms arent the boys salivating over their fav girls wishing they WERE them.

You better drag them back to the GameStop they came from

nnnnnnn

Never change POP-GAF.

I'm reading that old thread "I find Pop-GAF utterly baffling (RANT)" and found this post which is hilarious now.

How quickly things change.
BaRnI7k.gif
BaRnI7k.gif
BaRnI7k.gif

iyTwT3IGBOpbV.gif

How could we know she would become such a massive cunt?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Amy Poehler on Taylor Swift being pressed:

Reached by The Hollywood Reporter for comment, Poehler, who is active in women's causes -- including a Smart Girls YouTube channel dedicated to empowering younger girls -- said: "Aw, I feel bad if she was upset. I am a feminist, and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff. "

mackerelmore is what's wrong with america. commercially praised for appropriating black culture and rapping about things that aren't so gangster. They're fucking awful. Goodbye.

tumblr_lw76wpPqtc1qctz0n.gif

iGkDeLPuEL3KD.gif

they do, but I don't t think you see the problem with this dude. I think 50% of my dislike of this dude is the fact that he gets attention from people who say they don't usually listen to hip-hop and yet somehow have a lot of opinions about the state of a genre they admit to not listening to. the other half is him making this music and appropriating MY culture.

may mackerelmore sit the fuck down and never rise from his seat.

366693_o.gif

iJJSMZP4oNgdj.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Feel This Slayage is now #6 on iTunes.

Dale!

I can't at you and botty using
9a12e591.gif
bull's phrase. I mean, the Britney stans didn't use any
9a12e591.gif
.i.am lyrics for Scream and
9a12e591.gif
did they?

Just like Scream and
9a12e591.gif
's only redeemable aspect is Britney's part, Xtina's part is the only redeemable aspect of Feel This
9a12e591.gif

royalan

I can't at you and botty using
9a12e591.gif
bull's phrase. I mean, the Britney stans didn't use any
9a12e591.gif
.i.am lyrics for Scream and
9a12e591.gif
did they?

Just like Scream and
9a12e591.gif
's only redeemable aspect is Britney's part, Xtina's part is the only redeemable aspect of Feel This
9a12e591.gif

Would you prefer that I use his other catchphrase?

Culo!!!

(Besides, your fave Azealia uses other producers' beats the same way we use Pitbull's catchphrase: ironically and without any real respect.)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Rolling Stone: The New Immortals

Back in 2004, Rolling Stone assembled an expert panel of musicians, industry figures and critics to pick the 50 greatest artists of all time. We called these artists "The Immortals." A year later, our panelists expanded the roster to 100 all-time great artists, .......

the kind of acts whose names we wouldn't be surprised to see on a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ballot at some point down the road when they become eligible. Meet the New Immortals.

In 2006, 20-year-old NYU dropout Stefani Angelina Germanotta changed her name to Lady Gaga and began her plot to take over the world. It only took about three years. In that time, she brought her Madonna-inspired dance songs from downtown Manhattan's cramped Bitter End to a multiple-night stand at Madison Square Garden. It was easy to dismiss her first big single, "Just Dance," as a pop trifle – but the hits kept coming at a dizzying pace ("Poker Face," "Paparazzi," "Bad Romance," "Edge of Glory"), each one more impressive than the last. Gaga also understands the 24/7 media culture better than any of her peers: she treats the whole world as a stage, posing in outrageously freaky costumes everywhere she goes, from the airport to the Grammys. By preaching the gospel of tolerance and self-respect to her army of "Little Monsters," she's split the difference between Oprah Winfrey and Madonna. It's a highly potent formula that's turned her into arguably the biggest star of the new millennium, with a staggering 34,500,000 Twitter followers. Her only challenge now is finding new ways to wow her audience.
they better recognize her as the leader of the pack
iP1tL31zZlP7W.gif

Beyonce, Rihanna, and Taylor are also there...

cory64

let me quote
Going by numbers alone, Rihanna is already written into the history books in bold ink. Her digital sales add up to 100 million – more than anyone, anywhere, ever. Her catalog of hits includes a dozen Number One smashes, from 2006's "SOS" to 2012's "Diamonds" – the same number as Madonna and the Supremes, and more than anyone else except the Beatles, Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson. But Rihanna's appeal transcends statistics. She's a star in the truest sense: a wild, larger-than-life personality you just can't look away from. Tabloid wildfires may rage all around her, but she shines bright through it all.

what a legend *.*

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rolling Stone clocked the tea on Gaga and Rih. I'd agree that as of now, Gaga is the pop star of the millenium. She'll likely usurp Rih's title of the highest selling digital artist sooner or later, and she's definitely a more capable live performer, and sells more albums. Rih is still serving bitches down with her success currently, and will for the future. And they did not lie that she is in the history books. People stay trying to write her off, but unfortunately for them, she's here for the long haul.

Nemesis_

Rolling Stone clocked the tea on Gaga and Rih. I'd agree that as of now, Gaga is the pop star of the millenium. She'll likely usurp Rih's title of the highest selling digital artist sooner or later, and she's definitely a more capable live performer, and sells more albums. Rih is still serving bitches down with her success currently, and will for the future. And they did not lie that she is in the history books. People stay trying to write her off, but unfortunately for them, she's here for the long haul.

What kind of level headed opinion

Unlike the pressed stans of the forever irrelevant

Fey

Banned
could they not have chosen a better pic for gaga....

vOyHW5o.png

of the pop gurls on that list, i can see gaga and riri getting there at some point down the line. beyonce probably.
taylor swift never bye

Christ, how are The Roots on that list? Aren't they the house band on Jimmy Fallon? Playing backup music to indie randoms that aren't big enough for Leno is "Immortal" now? Please.

royalan

considering how Rihanna isnt showing any signs of slowing down and Gaga isn't on the annual album release schedule, probably not

we are talking about digital sales and #1 hits right? because...
ihmbtM9PQeuUF.gif

Yes.

That article forgot to mention the one thing about Rihanna that makes her queen over all who try it: her multi-format appeal. Rihanna doesn't just flood the world with singles, she floods the world with singles that can chart high on any number formats. If it's a chart that matters, Rih WILL find a way to get on it.

You used to be able to say this about Gaga, but she's gone too Pop at this point.

Gaga's best days are behind her. You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom