• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Ly74pkc.png

The beyhive is collapsing, and fleeing to the navy. #Beyonic2013

ibmFl3AaMQcB6M.gif

This is the second Beyhive stan who has to get drunk to admit Rihanna's dominance.

Nemesis_

Some states have voted to legalize it, even though the federal govt outlaws it. It's just that the Obama administration has chosen to not go after those states.

But Texas is not one of those states.

Oh, I see.

Anyway give Satch's drunkenness it was clear she really meant this person

DIG8rb3.png

Weed is amazing. Everyone should try iT tbh.

Don't be irresponsible, it's not amazing for everyone lbr

This thread is a mess. *hands out DARE t-shirts*

ARTPOP is coming ya'll... someday. Stay perched. *listens to The Fame while waiting*

I'm late, but I'm glad to hear that SoulScribe is now a Kelly stan. Welcome to the club sis. *everybody's gotta dark side except Bey stans*

DMeisterJ

Banned
1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis f/ Wanz, "Thrift Shop" (326,000) [4,204,000]
2. Bruno Mars, "When I Was Your Man" (231,000) [1,274,000]
3. Baauer, "Harlem Shake" (228,000) [816,000]
4. Demi Lovato, "Heart Attack" (215,000) [DEBUT]
5. Rihanna f/ Mikky Ekko, "Stay" (211,000) [893,000]
6. Drake, "Started From The Bottom" (142,000) [521,000]
7. Justin Timberlake' f/ Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie" (141,000) [1,112,000]
8. will.i.am & Britney Spears, "Scream & Shout" (122,000) [2,419,000]
9. Taylor Swift "I Knew You Were Trouble." (121,000) [3,763,000]
10. Adele, "Skyfall" (105,000) [1,712,000]

"Stay" Plat next week *.*

And dive into the difference between songs 1-5 and 6-10. That gap is huge.

Nemesis_

------ THIS IS A RUMOUR ---------

What’s the latest with Beyonce, you might ask? This morning brought news of a supposed leaked photo from Camp King Bey with all the details on her new album, and it’s probably, almost definitely fake, but it’s like a fan’s most deliriously brilliant fantasy of what this next record could be, and really, what if it’s not fake? What if it’s real? What then? We would be remiss to just ignore it, right?

So! According to the story (which seems fairly suspect to us, but let’s just pretend), one of the dudes from Stargate (with whom she worked on songs like “Irreplaceable,” so it’s probable that she’d be in the studio with them again) accidentally tweeted a picture of the tracklist and details from Beyonce’s upcoming album. (How do you accidentally tweet a picture like that? Who knows. Again, let’s just go with it.)

The (probably fake, it’s all probably fake, but ah! What if it’s not?) details are as follows: The album is called Mrs. Carter — which would make sense, given the title of her tour — and is due to hit retailers April 11, 2013, with collaborations from a laundry list of superstars including Lady Gaga, Azealia Banks, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Ne-Yo and her little sister Solange Knowles. The first single, as rumored, would be “Ratchet,” with a release date of March 12.

Anyway, this is all fake and not real, probably, but if you feel like pretending it’s not, see the full tracklist and image below:

01. Ratchet (feat. Lady Gaga & Azealia Banks)
02. Back 2 Business (feat. Jay-Z)
03. Roller Coaster (feat. Justin Timberlake)
04. Visions (feat. Sia)
05. Dance (I’m Soon Over) (feat. Rihanna)
06. More Than Sex (feat. Ne-Yo)
07. Better Than Ever Before (feat. Solange Knowles)
08. Runway
09. Sensations
10.12 Roses
11. It’s All Over

576334_495287427201160_1320760346_n.jpg

I seriously have a theory that the whole reason Bey has been so silent about this is because Ratchet was meant to be a joint first single, and Gaga throwing her hip out has fucked shit up for Bey and her team is scrambling to put together a second, solo single.

BUT of course this is a rumour as I've said before. Heck, I think Ratchet was a track confirmed for ARTPOP, not #FFFFFFive.

------ THIS IS A RUMOUR ---------

I don't find it unreasonable that Bey would've worked with everyone who is also signed to ROC, and we've been in the know of getting a Telephone continuation for some time now.

Would an album with so many collabs be hard to properly perform while on tour though?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bey having features on 7 of her 11 songs? Kiii at those lies.

She's never featured more than a handful of people on her albums. She needs to have the whole spotlight for her.

Nemesis_

Bey having features on 7 of her 11 songs? Kiii at those lies.

She's never featured more than a handful of people on her albums. She needs to have the whole spotlight for her.

She's desperate for hits though.

I mean yeah it's obviously a lie but I like speculating *.*

I would say you were right in that she likes the whole spotlight but then WHY BRING DC onto one of the biggest moments of her solo career?

Bladenic

Macklemore continues to slay your faves. And lol at Suit and Tie just now reaching platinum.

And if someone wanted that shit to be believable, they really shouldn't have had so many collabs lmao. But imagine if we all get clocked and that track list is real.

Nemesis_

are we ever actually angry at an artist

i9050sdD4UGis.gif

I don't know. I just want an explanation.

It just confuses me that people are getting angry because Macklemore is white and successful. I hate getting into this race debate and I hate the way it is seemingly brought into everything.

iuYRUHdPsBUZK.gif

The longer I go without ARTPOP the angrier I get

Edit: wait, I dont remember where I was actually going with this

i9050sdD4UGis.gif

Oh, I didn't know what you were getting at but I bit anyway.

iBIPS6WC0Ii1b.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I don't know. I just want an explanation.

It just confuses me that people are getting angry because Macklemore is white and successful. I hate getting into this race debate and I hate the way it is seemingly brought into everything.

iuYRUHdPsBUZK.gif

right, I think this is revenge for the Bey jokes

Taylor and Macklemore keep being hated on and somehow race is included instead of just
saying that their music sucks, at least the Bey jokes have pictures to go along with
ihmbtM9PQeuUF.gif

Artemisia

Banned
the song is shit, let's get that out of the way first and foremost.

iuYRUHdPsBUZK.gif

I'm not mad at them in particular, but the attention they receiver for being so ~~UNIQUE! and DIFFERENT~ when they are nothing of the sort. As if a hip hop artist that isn't writing about gangster shit is something novel in 2013. As if a hip hop artist supporting gay rights is something to turn heads when there are many who've done the same. I just don't understand why people who, by their own admission, don't listen to a genre much consider themselves experts, and thus have license to speak for it. They don't.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

I would say why I think people have this perception that rap is all GANGSTA, but I'd rather not get into that. But I think you know why.

Nemesis_

Are you referring to me?

I think Thrift Shop and Same Love are both cute songs but I don't pretend I know the genre enough to say it's ground breaking.

Now that you've explained some of it to me, I have given my position and will no longer comment on the matter.

ibzc2b3sSUVQmo.gif

fibefewibfietgbfun

THIS GIF has me SCREAMING

Artemisia

Banned
Are you referring to me?

I think Thrift Shop and Same Love are both cute songs but I don't pretend I know the genre enough to say it's ground breaking.

Now that you've explained some of it to me, I have given my position and will no longer comment on the matter.

ibzc2b3sSUVQmo.gif

No, I wsn't directing it to you, nor anyone in particular. Sorry if you felt that way.

I was talking about the general public and the often heard phrase, "I don't listen to much rap but these Macklemore dudes are so amazing! They shit on that gangster stuff lil wayne raps about!!"

royalan

the song is shit, let's get that out of the way first and foremost.

I'm not mad at them in particular, but the attention they receiver for being so ~~UNIQUE! and DIFFERENT~ when they are nothing of the sort. As if a hip hop artist that isn't writing about gangster shit is something novel in 2013. As if a hip hop artist supporting gay rights is something to turn heads when there are many who've done the same. I just don't understand why people who, by their own admission, don't listen to a genre much consider themselves experts, and thus have license to speak for it. They don't.

I would say why I think people have this perception that rap is all GANGSTA, but I'd rather not get into that. But I think you know why.

...Where was this attitude when Botty was pretty much preaching this exact same truth about Francis Ocean? I mean, change "hip hop" to "R&B" and this pretty much applies to him word for fucking word.

Nemesis_

No, I wsn't directing it to you, nor anyone in particular. Sorry if you felt that way.

I was talking about the general public and the often heard phrase, "I don't listen to much rap but these Macklemore dudes are so amazing! They shit on that gangster stuff lil wayne raps about!!"

I guess people say that as if it's meant to mean something.

IE. THESE GUYS ARE SO GOOD that I can look past my own hatred for the genre to like them.

Which is pretty flawed anyway because if they hate the genre how do they know what's good and what's not?

Artemisia

Banned
...Where was this attitude when Botty was pretty much preaching this exact same truth about Francis Ocean? I mean, change "hip hop" to "R&B" and this pretty much applies to him word for fucking word.

But it doesn't. Botty's criticism wasn't directed at the labeling of Channel Orange as fresh and exciting, but simply in the praise the album was getting.

And then you had his intense hatred of Frank Ocean himself and his bisexuality seeping into it... It was a mess.

EDIT: I actually believe it was you who more concerned about how people have been calling his music (and Justin Timberlake's as well) fresh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I do quite enjoy that Macklemore raps about non-gangster stuff because A) He isn't a gangster, and B) it's tiring to only hear about weed/bitches/money/bitches/weed/money/bitches/money/weed/money/bitches/money/weed/ all the fucking time.

So congrats to him for being different in that and doing well for himself. I wouldn't say he's better than anyone else tho. And him being good doesn't make anyone else bad.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Bill Gates is on my campus right now and I didnt get tickets to see ha give a speech
and Disgustin is coming to Austin for SXSW

I cant deal with all this bad luck
i9050sdD4UGis.gif

There are Cacklemore stans?

Thriftshop reminds me of that one white rapper Little T and his song, Shaniqua Don't Live Here No More. There's a comedic novelty to it but not much beyond that.

effe

Banned
were udb [a b s e n t] yesterday when i opened the library to read that hoe on mackerelmore's race appropriation?

simply [s t o p]. his name is now forever banned from entering this thread.

tumblr_mhmwdhFiem1qewrhso4_250.gif

effe

Banned
simply R E A D [true diva moment right now/can't believe i'm quoting myself bowbowbow]

mackerelmore is what's wrong with america. commercially praised for appropriating black culture and rapping about things that aren't so gangster. They're fucking awful. Goodbye.

tumblr_lw76wpPqtc1qctz0n.gif

they do, but I don't t think you see the problem with this dude. I think 50% of my dislike of this dude is the fact that he gets attention from people who say they don't usually listen to hip-hop and yet somehow have a lot of opinions about the state of a genre they admit to not listening to. the other half is him making this music and appropriating MY culture.

may mackerelmore sit the fuck down and never rise from his seat.

366693_o.gif

Nemesis_

Steven Klein (Alejandro video, FAME perfume advertisement, Rih's Armani advertisement and Madonna's X-STaTIC PRO=CeSS) has been working on a secret project lately that he has been teasing about on Twitter for months now. We know he has been working with a project involving Madonna and Rihanna, as well as an (presumably separate) project with Gaga.

He recently tweeted all of this:

BEmCZgO.png

and posted this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq9NbNt_Uao

on a YouTube account named MDNATourDVD

So it would seem likely that Steven Klein is the one who directed and shot the MDNA Tour DVD, which is apparently releasing in May.

BUT I don't think this is about the DVD. The teaser also has this:

778841_431359073599582_684263871_o.jpg

Which, to me, instantly reminds me of this

tumblr_m6ajewLSyY1r9fv14o1_500.jpg

To me, something between Madonna and Rih is coming in May. I don't think this production from Klein has anything to do with Gaga.

Though the fact Klein specifically mentions there are some participants who are un-announced makes me wonder if they are finally burying the hatchet (though I doubt it but as I said before, it's fun to speculate *.*)

Is there a link between the MDNA Tour and Rihanna that I am missing? Or is it possible that the rumours that he shot the Gang Bang video are true (and for some reason Rihanna is starring in the clip?) [then again, isn't May a little bit too late for a new MDNA single?)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm not getting my hopes up, this reminds me of that whole Ratchet guessing game to
see who was going to be featured on the song by looking at instagram pics and tweets from different artist

iEhx9oWK5QQ2e.gif

Nemesis_

I'm not getting my hopes up, this reminds me of that whole Ratchet guessing game to
see who was going to be featured on the song by looking at instagram pics and tweets from different artist

iEhx9oWK5QQ2e.gif

Now cunt I only mentioned things posted by Klein himself. I drew the link between Rihanna's tattoo myself, she didn't post it for this specific occasion.

But I also think Madonna should get that MDNATourDVD video taken down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCDAgv8XEQ0

THOSE LIVE RAW VOCALS

i1wzXKqjA8Aq4.gif

Nemesis_

Now cunt I only mentioned things posted by Klein himself. I drew the link between Rihanna's tattoo myself, she didn't post it for this specific occasion.

But I also think Madonna should get that MDNATourDVD video taken down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCDAgv8XEQ0

THOSE LIVE RAW VOCALS

i1wzXKqjA8Aq4.gif

Steven Klein (Alejandro video, FAME perfume advertisement, Rih's Armani advertisement and Madonna's X-STaTIC PRO=CeSS) has been working on a secret project lately that he has been teasing about on Twitter for months now. We know he has been working with a project involving Madonna and Rihanna, as well as an (presumably separate) project with Gaga.

He recently tweeted all of this:

BEmCZgO.png

and posted this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq9NbNt_Uao

on a YouTube account named MDNATourDVD

So it would seem likely that Steven Klein is the one who directed and shot the MDNA Tour DVD, which is apparently releasing in May.

BUT I don't think this is about the DVD. The teaser also has this:

778841_431359073599582_684263871_o.jpg

Which, to me, instantly reminds me of this

tumblr_m6ajewLSyY1r9fv14o1_500.jpg

To me, something between Madonna and Rih is coming in May. I don't think this production from Klein has anything to do with Gaga.

Though the fact Klein specifically mentions there are some participants who are un-announced makes me wonder if they are finally burying the hatchet (though I doubt it but as I said before, it's fun to speculate *.*)

Is there a link between the MDNA Tour and Rihanna that I am missing? Or is it possible that the rumours that he shot the Gang Bang video are true (and for some reason Rihanna is starring in the clip?) [then again, isn't May a little bit too late for a new MDNA single?)

NEW PAGE

i8RRGVhTw3TNf.gif

xoxoxoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom