• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Gracias, I now have a tumblr

iOFbMBtvnmYcx.gif

links so I can lurK

See, this is EXACTLY the thing that makes the new chart rules so unfair and messy.

Yeah. We will see if it works. I am not convinced that you can engineer views all that well.

Releasing multiple versions of one music video may help for a week, but at the end of the day someone still has to click them for it to make an impact.

Surely they'll change it >_>

They will adjust it for sure, but I think the overall changes are here to stay.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
You should credit me for the idea, at least *.*

lol, I'm just playing. I'm not going to stood the little gravekeepers level and run a dedicated hate blog.

ibjSRIKecHt00G.gif

You should. Tumblr is stupid easy to use. :)

Also. Spent some time doing radio requests today and noticed a LOT of stations are adding 'I Would' to their requests lineups. Next single maybe? Not 100% sure how I feel about that.

I Would..... ugh I mean its ok but very similar to their other singles

I Would..... ugh I mean its ok but very similar to their other singles

Yeah I agree. Though this has happened before, I used to see Rock You quite a bit, but never THIS much. Unsure if its an error or what.

I think Rock You or They Don't Know About Us are the logical next singles.

Just to be clear. I have not given up on Kiss You yet!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Yeah I agree. Though this has happened before, I used to see Rock You quite a bit, but never THIS much. Unsure if its an error or what.

I think Rock You or They Don't Know About Us are the logical next singles.

Just to be clear. I have not given up on Kiss You yet!

Rock Me has a higher iTunes position that the rest of the non-singles so it should be the next one

Kiss You is done tbh

Rock Me has a higher iTunes position that the rest of the non-singles so it should be the next one

Kiss You is done tbh

Lies and slander.

Its done when I SAY its done dammit!

Stop being a flop stan and go request more. I know you haven't been trying since you didn't notice the 'I Would' additions yourself.

iOPnpNZDgOLba.gif

As to Rock Me. I go back and forth on it. Its tempo is very similar to Kiss You's, but at the same time its just cliche enough that it might just work.

I wish they would spend some of their $$$ on some radio payola for their next single. Just to build some momentum.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Lies and slander.

Its done when I SAY its done dammit!

Stop being a flop stan and go request more. I know you haven't been trying since you didn't notice the 'I Would' additions yourself.

iOPnpNZDgOLba.gif

As to Rock Me. I go back and forth on it. Its tempo is very similar to Kiss You's, but at the same time its just cliche enough that it might just work.

I wish they would spend some of their $$$ on some radio payola for their next single. Just to build some momentum.

Of course I havent been requesting, I learned my lesson with Marry The Night to not even
waste my time because those request dont even work

watching that song struggle to even get an update and then when it peaked that low
was to much to bear after all that requesting
iD3QjDSReq3RG.gif

They dont need payola, they need to promote and move here but their tour is starting so that is out of the question

Of course I havent been requesting, I learned my lesson with Marry The Night to not even
waste my time because those request dont even work

watching that song struggle to even get an update and then when it peaked that low
was to much to bear after all that requesting
iD3QjDSReq3RG.gif

They dont need payola, they need to promote and move here but their tour is starting so that is out of the question

lol honestly I think they wrote off radio after LWWY and were like "fuck it.....we don't need damn radio to make our $$$" so they are just focusing on touring and music videos.

Hopefully the next music video pushes whatever the single is to #1

Edit: They also need to get back on a simultaneous WW release schedule instead of having the US a month or two behind.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
lol honestly I think they wrote off radio after LWWY and were like "fuck it.....we don't need damn radio to make our $$$" so they are just focusing on touring and music videos.

Hopefully the next music video pushes whatever the single is to #1

Edit: They also need to get back on a simultaneous WW release schedule instead of having the US a month or two behind.

yeah.... they arent getting a #1, only their lead singles have a potential to do that

yeah.... they arent getting a #1, only their lead singles have a potential to do that

You never know.

Stop being a damn pessimist lol. You are depressing me.

OWOA looking good for top 10 this week. It has stabilized at #5 on itunes. It will all come down to what % of its views are coming from the US.

cory64

Speaking of Befraudcé...

Not content with just slathering Beyonce's awful flopumentary with written tea, Slate Magazine has devoted the first segment of their expert podcast series to verbally dragging her through the pits of Hades. A truly compelling listen.

The Culture Gabfest: Only Beyoncé Could Make Me Not Like Beyoncé Edition

Oh god what is this I'm drowning in tea right now

"The movie reinforces her as the absolute apotheosis of everything she claims is wrong with the music business."
"She's trying to make herself look cute and vulnerable like they way you see teenage girls do on facebook"

royalan

Oh god what is this I'm drowning in tea right now

"The movie reinforces her as the absolute apotheosis of everything she claims is wrong with the music business."
"She's trying to make herself look cute and vulnerable like they way you see teenage girls do on facebook"

"The second thing you need to know is that it is a completely execrable production. It..it is...I have seldom watched something so bad, I think."

LAWD, they are reading ha DOWN.

cory64

"It's a much less intimate relationship than the one that Nina Simone would have had with her audience, and that it's somewhat odd that the whole framing of the documentary is that Beyoncé professes to nostalgic for this alternate mode of artistry when she's just GREAT at the thing we expect of our recording artists now"

This is life-giving.

royalan

"What I thought over and over again the point of this documentary was to make this person seem less like an airbrushed showbiz royalist, and it just did not work."

"Yeah, I agree. There were some snatches of a more interesting Beyonce within it that made me feel like I would have liked to see a documentary about Beyonce by a real director with an interesting perspective."

This TEA. I mean, they are just snatching ha left and righT.

I thought my Beyonce shade was top tier. But this...just demonstrates I have so much room to grow. ;___;

cory64

I thought my Beyonce shade was top tier. But this...just demonstrates I have so much room to grow. ;___;

If you start training now you'll be a quadruple black belt by the time she announces a teaser for the countdown to the iTunes snippet for her next single.

"What I thought over and over again the point of this documentary was to make this person seem less like an airbrushed showbiz royalist, and it just did not work."

"Yeah, I agree. There were some snatches of a more interesting Beyonce within it that made me feel like I would have liked to see a documentary about Beyonce by a real director with an interesting perspective."

Just brutal. Glad someone is willing to speak the hard truths out there. Will make sure to give it a listen in the morning.

If you start training now you'll be a quadruple black belt by the time she announces a teaser for the countdown to the iTunes snippet for her next single.

lol. Poor Beyhive.

cory64

Apparently this same group also reviewed the Katy Perry movie. I must find that podcast.

At least that movie was able to frame something in a tenuously interesting way and didn't try to hide that it was just a big advertisement.

Apparently one of the group [1D] is a member of a SEO forum, and knows a bit about how to boost SEO rankings using questionable methods.
Any t on this? So random.

DMeisterJ

Banned
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 75.627 (+2.197)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 38.704 (+2.230)

Are your faves clocking two million updates from two songs concurrently?

The QUEEN of radio.

Trigger

Lordt, Rih is truly the Queen of Radio. It can't get enough of her.

Apparently one of the group [1D] is a member of a SEO forum, and knows a bit about how to boost SEO rankings using questionable methods.

Any t on this? So random.

I feel like this is something Louis would know about for some reason (assuming it's real).

1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 195.430 (+0.868)
2. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 165.161 (-0.467)
3. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 162.292 (+1.167)
4. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 161.408 (+0.382)
5. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 142.482 (+0.559)
6. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 134.187 (-0.665)
7. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 125.339 (+1.508)
8. PINK – Try: 113.644 (-1.393)
9. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 106.380 (+1.570)
10. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 102.244 (+0.699)

11. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 96.122 (+0.891) ▲
12. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 93.680 (-2.068) ▼
13. BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 84.302 (+3.349) ▲
14. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 82.840 (-1.561) ▼
15. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 80.194 (-0.003)
16. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 77.461 (-0.614)
17. RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 75.627 (+2.197) ▲
18. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 75.212 (+1.211) ▼

19. MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 70.738 (+0.182)
20. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 69.309 (+0.190)

KE$HA – C’mon: 67.997 (-0.491)
TIM MCGRAW – One Of Those Nights: 66.716 (-0.099)
THE BAND PERRY – Better Dig Two: 64.155 (-1.000)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 62.686 (+0.130)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 53.940 (+0.829)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 48.864 (+0.484)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 47.445 (+1.486)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 38.704 (+2.230)
FUN. – Carry On: 38.658 (+1.476)

OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 37.376 (+0.347)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 36.857 (+0.231)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 34.139 (+2.222)
MUSE – Madness: 29.793 (-0.018)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 22.758 (+0.522)

LITTLE BIG TOWN – Tornado: 59.670
KREWELLA – Alive: 20.886 (+1.447)
ALICIA KEYS – Brand New Me: 17.736 (-0.153)
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 15.566 (+0.543)
LUMINEERS – Stubborn Love: 8.931 (+0.073)
PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 6.687 (+0.970)
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 5.552 (+0.203)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 3.846 (+0.152)
TATE STEVENS – Power Of A Love Song: 0.257
MARIAH CAREY – Almost Home: 0.224 (+0.077)

Damn. Ice cold.

EDIT: I keep trying to give radio a chance and literally every time I turn it on that awful "Don't You Worry Child" song comes on. What the fuck is that? It's like everything I hate about pop music jumbled up into a 3 minute burnt pot roast of a single. And then right after they start playing "Scream and Shout" by the Black Eyed Peas and then I just switch it back to my phone.

Styles

1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 195.430 (+0.868)

Still gaining AI. Monster.

BA and IKYWT has a combined total of 250m AI. Radio Queen. Streaming Queen. Sales Queen. Who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom