• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
The black Nicki Minaj on the set of her new video!

7f997ba07d3711e29a5722000a9f3079_7.jpg

Styles

Billboard released their list for 'Music's Top 40 Money Makers 2013':

http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/1549704/musics-top-40-money-makers-2013?list_page=1

Relevant to Pop Gaf:

One Direction

$7,955,840.71
With two No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200 last year, U.K. boy band One Direction earned most of its revenue from album sales. More than 2 million physical albums sold earned the group $3.8 million.

Carrie Underwood

$11,942,956.65
Now a bona fide arena-level headliner, Underwood's career is clicking on all cylinders, topping 1 million in physical units and nearly 400,000 digital album sales and 5.5 million digital downloads.

Taylor Swift

$12,695,783.32
Swift is a record-selling powerhouse, moving nearly 3 million physical units and more than 1 million digital albums, and a staggering 15.6 million digital tracks, driven by the release of Red and its mega-hit "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." The bulk of Swift's sold-out Fearless(Speak Now, Billboard, not Fearless
) tour took place in 2011; had it been fully in 2012, Swift's ranking would be significantly higher.

Celine Dion
$12,927,494.01

Dion at the Colosseum in Las Vegas is the gift that keeps on giving, with the artist reporting more than $36 million in Boxscore revenue for 2012. Since her Vegas dates don't have the associated costs of touring, Dion's profit margins are significantly higher than acts who take it on the road.

Adele
$13,906,635.76

Adele continues to ride the wave of the biggest-selling album not just of 2011, but of 2012 as well - 21 is the kind of old-school smash that keeps finding new fans, with staggering physical sales of nearly 4 million units and digital equivalents topping 1.2 million. Adele scales these Moneymaker heights with no help on the touring front in terms of revenue or album promotion.

Madonna
$34,577,308.62

Thanks largely to her blockbuster MDNA tour, the Queen of Pop reigns at No. 1 on the Moneymakers list for a second time. (She first crowned the tally for earnings in 2008.) MDNA was last year's -biggest tour ($305 million gross), and the No. 10 top-grossing trek of all time. The 88-date tour earned Madonna an estimated $32 million in 2012. The globetrotting tour also supported her MDNA album, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and generated $1.5 million in physical and digital album sales for the artist. Her first studio release under a 360 deal with Live Nation, MDNA was released and promoted through Interscope, with U.S. sales buoyed by a promotion in which tour ticket buyers had an option of receiving the album as part of their purchase

LOL at BB's mix up regarding Taylor's Fearless and Speak Now tours.

Placed Bubbling Underwood in there for kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. The Curry stans must be fuming.

Bladenic

Stefan™;48096326 said:
Billboard released their list for 'Music's Top 40 Money Makers 2013':

http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/1549704/musics-top-40-money-makers-2013?list_page=1

Relevant to Pop Gaf:

LOL at BB's mix up regarding Taylor's Fearless and Speak Now tours.

Placed Bubbling Underwood in there for kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. The Curry stans must be fuming.

Uh, why would Carrie stans be fuming? Unlike Taylor, Carrie isn't a sellout who resorted to switching to pop and dubstep and doesn't change boyfriends every 2 weeks to remain in the headlines. Not to mention that Taylor wouldn't have any material to write otherwise. Carrie is still the Country Queen, and still earns more than Kellegend (unfairly).

Majmun

Only one mln difference between Carrie and Taylor?

Pretty strange considering Taylor's more international success with boRED

Styles

Uh, why would Carrie stans be fuming? Unlike Taylor, Carrie isn't a sellout who resorted to switching to pop and dubstep and doesn't change boyfriends every 2 weeks to remain in the headlines. Not to mention that Taylor wouldn't have any material to write otherwise. Carrie is still the Country Queen, and still earns more than Kellegend (unfairly).

Because Taylor topped their fav. They got mad when Taylor didn't give Carrie a standing ovation at the Grammy, so it won't be a surprise if they get pressed over this.

Plus Taylor's not a 'sellout'.

Only one mln difference between Carrie and Taylor?

Pretty strange considering Taylor's more international success with boRED

Billboard compiled the list using music earnings from the US. If they had included international sales and tour grosses Gaga would have been in the top 5.

Trigger

21 still slaying after all this time. 19 deserved more attention.

Stefan™;48097026 said:

She had the gall to try something new musically. Such a sellout.

Bladenic

Stefan™;48097026 said:
Because Taylor topped their fav. They got mad when Taylor didn't give Carrie a standing ovation at the Grammy, so it won't be a surprise if they get pressed over this.

I'm actually surprised there are Carrie "stans" though. And Taylor clocked Carrie years ago, they are still fuming? Poor dat.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'll wait for Forbes' list, this is US only which is why there are lots of country artist there
although still there are a few key players missing

iZEfAPghTtHVM.gif

I'm actually surprised there are Carrie "stans" though. And Taylor clocked Carrie years ago, they are still fuming? Poor dat.

How do you figure?

Carrie never tried pop (she had one incidental crossover hit) and has been doing fine with country with virtually everything she releases going #1.

Taylor on the other hand has struggled on the country charts. Begin Again only managed #10 and and IKYWT failed to chart at all. Country is done with Taylor so lets stop pretending they are in the same market.

Carrie is the queen of country. Just the way it is.

Styles

How do you figure?

Carrie never tried pop (she had one incidental crossover hit) and has been doing fine with country with virtually everything she releases going #1.

Taylor on the other hand has struggled on the country charts. Begin Again only managed #10 and and IKYWT failed to chart at all. Country is done with Taylor so lets stop pretending they are in the same market.

Carrie is the queen of country. Just the way it is.

Carrie was always the Country, there's no denying that. None of her singles have ever charted below number 3.

BA is currently sitting at number 3 on Mediabase and number 4 on Billboard's Country Airplay Chart:

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I want to know whats going to happen with Ka$hier, I dont think anyone saw C'Mon flopping the way it did. Everyone thought she was always going to have an array of Top 10s, but is a Top 10 even in her future anymore. No one watches her videos so the YT streaming will work against her. After a recent televised embarrassing performance that failed to move C'Mon at all, it seems the GP isn't here for her singles anymore. She has that reality tv show coming up but with her drinking piss and god knows what other disgusting shit, the public might not be here for her as a person either.

Or maybe C'Mon just sucks, idk...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want to know whats going to happen with Ka$hier, I dont think anyone saw C'Mon flopping the way it did. Everyone thought she was always going to have an array of Top 10s, but is a Top 10 even in her future anymore. No one watches her videos so the YT streaming will work against her. After a recent televised embarrassing performance that failed to move C'Mon at all, it seems the GP isn't here for her singles anymore. She has that reality tv show coming up but with her drinking piss and god knows what other disgusting shit, the public might not be here for her as a person either.

I think people got tired of Ke$ha style and C'mon doesnt sound fresh like other stuff that could have been used from the disc that is simply better or more catchy.

Trigger

Poor brave Ke?ha. I don't think Warrior was a dramatic departure from what she was already doing. I'm not really sure what made people lose interest.

Vazra

Poor brave Ke?ha. I don't think Warrior was a dramatic departure from what she was already doing. I'm not really sure what made people lose interest.

Too much of the same thing can get boring and sometimes a change doesn't works either for some artists. Ke$ha outlasted her expiration date (Tons of people expected her to be a 1 hit wonder with Tik Tok) but it seems things are starting to go down on her.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ke£ha is done. #icant at Pour it up out peaking C'mon. She can't even clock a higher place than an Urban song.

She's done.

I thought Kety was trying to be fuckin derk this album.
It still could be. Those flowers could be ones that were placed on the graves of lessers. Who knows.

I'm hoping that John Mayer stays his self away from the album. Is she still with him, btw, or did she Taylor him? Anyways, I hope there's no "Pearl" on this new album, because that song flat out sucks.

She waited too long to release a new album. That, and she should have released the bop that is "Crazy Kids" as a second single. Still, I stan Warrior, and it's still a gewd album to me.

Bladenic

What is this embarrassing performance?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
What is this embarrassing performance?

well, I'm not sure if it was embarrassing since I didnt watch it, I just saw it getting a lot of hate on the web. It was on the NBA All-Star pre-game concert

Alicia Offkeys was also there but your local Alicia stan probably doesn't even follow it

Its a good sign tho that RCA is still giving her a chance to promote (she was in Jimmy Fallon recently, neither helped C'Mon ) and she is willing to promote unlike Xtina

Aren't most of her performances embarrassing tho?

LLShC.gif

lastinline not hitting on me on the thread? What is this!?!?!
LLShC.gif
Well, I was going to say you were cute, till you shaded my Ke$ha. Now I'm hurt like (insert Chris Brown joke here). Ke$ha's performances are iconic and visually stunning, except for that awful X Factor performance that I'm just going to sweep under the rug and pretend didn't happen.

Bladenic

well, I'm not sure if it was embarrassing since I didnt watch it, I just saw it getting a lot of hate on the web. It was on the NBA All-Star pre-game concert

Alicia Offkeys was also there but your local Alicia stan probably doesn't even follow it

Its a good sign tho that RCA is still giving her a chance to promote (she was in Jimmy Fallon recently, neither helped C'Mon ) and she is willing to promote unlike Xtina

LLShC.gif

I watched both. The Jimmy Fallon one wasn't terrible, but she wasn't singing live that much. She sang live almost the whole time through the NBA concert, and it was atrocious (not just the singing, the whole thing).

I never thought she'd make it this far, so she lasted longer than I thought she would.

Vazra

Well, I was going to say you were cute, till you shaded my Ke$ha. Now I'm hurt like (insert Chris Brown joke here). Ke$ha's performances are iconic and visually stunning, except for that awful X Factor performance that I'm just going to sweep under the rug and pretend didn't happen.

Lol I enjoy Ke$ha (albums) but most of her performances are embarrassing. I was pretty positive on Warrior (album) and remember even being hooked on a few songs from the album. If you gonna get hurt by me spilling the true tea that isn't my problem.
tea%20gif.gif

Lol I enjoy Ke$ha (albums) but most of her performances are embarrassing. I was pretty positive on Warrior (album) and remember even being hooked on a few songs from the album. If you gonna get hurt by me spilling the true tea that isn't my problem.
Well, as long as you like her albums, that's all that matters. Spill all the tea you want. :)

royalan

I don't wanna cry
I don't wanna cry
Nothing in the world could take us back
To where we used to be
Boy I've given you my heart and soul
(Given you my heart and soul)
Now I must find a way of letting go
Cuz Baby
I don't wanna cry...

Classic Mimi just shits on so many of your faves...

Vazra

I don't wanna cry
I don't wanna cry
To where we used to be
Cuz Baby
I don't wanna cry...

If she went back to classic LORDT. I like Classic more than the latest stuff (despite being good)

Mumei

I don't wanna cry
I don't wanna cry
To where we used to be
Cuz Baby
I don't wanna cry...

Well, I'm here for random Mariah stanning.

I wonder if her supposed distaste for that song is just a myth.

I mean, she did sing it on tour, so she has to dig it on some level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom