• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5 rumor mill is chugging along again? Though with Leona releasing her fourth album later this year, Bey will have to settle for #2.

tumblr_mj70dwqN0N1rxeq84o1_400.gif

And where is Hewriah on my radar tho? What a flop, some artists shouldn't get pregnant and have families.

Artemisia

Banned
And where is Hewriah on my radar tho? What a flop, some artists shouldn't get pregnant and have families.

now, now, that's not an excuse.

I am trying to think of another artist that is currently married with kids and is slaying, but I'm drawing a blank. Could this mean Beyonce is destined for another flop?????

now, now, that's not an excuse.

I am trying to think of another artist that is currently married with kids and is slaying, but I'm drawing a blank. Could this mean Beyonce is destined for another flop?????
Adele should be quaking. Someone give her a pillow to smother her baby with.

effe

Banned
hmmmm. ngl i've been called an O R E O several times throughout my life.

and i am nhf my uni raising prices in the café. a panda express bowl costed me $6.04. da fuck

effe

Banned
i need a POC roll call rn.

here.

mackerelmore is tearing us all apart and I am just not having it. we can defeat this together.

botty

Banned
This race stuff is so tireD.

Macklemore isn't shit because he is a white rapper, or any other racially fueled excuse. Macklemore is shit because his music is shit. It really is that simple.

Stop with the complaints, and donaTe to the NAACP.

9mnNkgt.jpg

effe

Banned
I was just in the middle of writing an official dissertation on mackerelmore's stupidity, but rereading the last few pages, it seems like you guys W A N T me to make a fool of myself. NHF me and like only one other person dragging a blatant racist.

iiF6qYQRAimR9.gif

I will take a seat.

And listen to this bop

effe

Banned
According to the 2010 United States Census I'm white with brown skin so imnh 4 tdrc rn tbh

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

are you [m e d i t e r r a n e a n]?

girl, how is he a blatant racist? real talk: there's nothing whiter than upper middle class people shopping at thrift shops.
i forgot to say that he's the poster child of white privelege. shopping at thrift shops because it's ~quirky~ and ~neat~. my p o o r neighbors shop at the local goodwill like rent is due tomorrow.

According to the 2010 United States Census I'm white with brown skin so imnh 4 tdrc rn tbh

Lol I worked on the Census and that was the most frustrating thing ever.

We were actually calling people who filled out the form incorrectly. These people generally fell into three categories.

1. Separated parents who both included their children on their own census forms.

2. Tea party types who thought it was all none of my business.

3. People who put down "Hispanic" as their race.

We are not aloud to prompt or suggest answers so we just sat on the phone....sometimes for 30 minutes until they gave a different answer.

i forgot to say that he's the poster child of white privelege. shopping at thrift shops because it's ~quirky~ and ~neat~. my p o o r neighbors shop at the local goodwill like rent is due tomorrow.

You can say that about every single pop star that dresses down or acts ratchet in their videos. Beyonce, Rihanna, etc. They do it because it's ~quirky~ and ~neat~ too.

effe

Banned
You can say that about every single pop star that dresses down or acts ratchet in their videos. Beyonce, Rihanna, etc. They do it because it's ~quirky~ and ~neat~ too.
I've never seen bey in ratchet clothing, but I firmly believe Rihanna's wardrobe reflects her style. Have you seen her #Kmart collection?

Those are awful examples.

royalan

Taylor Swift stans sure do know how to kill a fun thread.

Why can't they be comically ratchet when dousing the lessers in #truetea like us #Fighters?

The 5 rumor mill is chugging along again? Though with Leona releasing her fourth album later this year, Bey will have to settle for #2.

I still can't handle that Leona didn't at least release Glassheart as a standalone single in the US. It makes no sense...... she should have at least given it a chance on radio.

Though I am excited for her 4th album.

I still can't handle that Leona didn't at least release Glassheart as a standalone single in the US. It makes no sense...... she should have at least given it a chance on radio.

Though I am excited for her 4th album.
She has new management now, so hopefully she can pick up the pieces in time for Glassheart's US release.

It'd be truly bizarre if her third album comes out in the States at the same time that her fourth album drops in Europe though :-\

DMeisterJ

Banned
Billboard said:
Baauer's 'Harlem Shake' Still Atop Hot 100, Although Lead Shrinks

Viral hit "Harlem Shake" spends a third week at No. 1, despite a large loss in momentum, while Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" rewrites digital sales history

Baauer tops the Billboard Hot 100 for a third week with "Harlem Shake," although the Brooklyn producer's viral smash experiences a hefty decline in YouTube streaming figures. The chart's No. 2 song, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop," featuring Wanz, meanwhile, makes digital sales history with its latest weekly download total.

"Shake" entered the Hot 100 at No. 1 two weeks ago, concurrent with the addition of U.S. YouTube video streaming data to the chart. YouTube streaming data is now factored into the Hot 100 (and other genre charts), enhancing a mix of data that includes digital download track sales (and physical singles sales), as tracked by Nielsen SoundScan, as well as terrestrial radio airplay, on-demand audio streaming, and online radio streaming, as tracked by Nielsen BDS.

"Shake" has risen to pop culture prominence thanks to the song's (and dance's) hugely popular meme (in which a person dances to the song alone for 15 seconds before others join in for the clip's second half). Even Fox's "The Simpsons" ribbed the craze in its opening couch gag on Sunday's (March 3) episode (redubbing it the "Homer Shake"). Online momentum appears to have crested, however, as "Shake" holds at No. 1 on the BDS-based Streaming Songs chart, but with a 45% decrease to 54 million streams (down from 98 million last week). Sales also slide by 23% to 228,000, as "Shake" drops 2-3 on the Digital Songs chart.

Still, "Shake" is gaining in on-demand streaming and radio airplay. It rises 17-15 on the subscription services-based On-Demand Songs with 820,000 streams (up 2%) and enters the Pop Songs and Rhythmic radio airplay charts at Nos. 38 and 40. Its total audience swells by 33%, but, at 7.9 million, it does not yet appear on the 75-position-deep all-format Radio Songs chart.

As "Shake" again rules the Hot 100 (and the Dance/Electronic Songs chart), Macklemore & Lewis' "Shop" remains at No. 2 following a four-week reign and sets a noteworthy sales mark. "Shop" tops Digital Songs for an eighth week and, with 326,000 in digital sales (down 10%), becomes the first song to log eight weeks of 300,000 or more downloads sold since SoundScan began tracking digital sales in 2003. It bests fun.'s "We Are Young" (featuring Janelle Monae), which racked seven such sales frames last year. With its latest frame, "Shop" passes 4 million in digital sales to date (4.2 million).

"Shop" sets another record: it leads On-Demand Songs for a ninth week, topping the eight-week No. 1 run of Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know," featuring Kimbra, for the longest command since the chart launched a year ago this month. It crowns the list with 2 million on-demand streams (down 3%). "Shop" holds at No. 2 on Streaming Songs (9.7 million, up 2%) and spends a second week at No. 2 on Radio Songs (117 million, up 2%). It leads Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for an eighth week.

After "Shake" outpaced "Shop" with slightly more than three-and-a-half times the Hot 100 points total of the latter the past two weeks, "Shake" drops by 43% in overall points and "Shop" falls by just 4% this week. "Shop," thus," boasts a thinner, although still wide, lead of more than twice as many points as "Shop" this week.

Bruno Mars "When I Was Your Man" holds at No. 3 and claims the Hot 100's top Airplay Gainer award for a third consecutive week. The piano ballad, from "Unorthodox Jukebox," the Billboard 200's new No. 1 album (and Mars' first), jumps 11-9 on Radio Songs (82 million, up 18%), marking his 10th consecutive career-opening top 10 on the tally. Only Mariah Carey (12) and T-Pain (11) have begun with longer top 10 streaks dating to the list's 1990 launch. "Man" lifts 3-2 on Digital Songs (231,000, up 1%) and 11-8 on Streaming Songs (3.5 million, up 12%).

Taylor Swift's No. 2-peaking "I Knew You Were Trouble." keeps at No. 4 on the Hot 100. It rules Radio Songs for a fourth week (126 million, down 4%).

Rihanna's "Stay," featuring Mikky Ekko, rebounds 7-5 on the Hot 100 after reaching a peak to date of No. 3 two weeks ago following her performance of the song at the Grammy Awards (Feb. 10). The ballad charges 36-23 on Radio Songs (46 million, up 37%), offsetting minor slips in sales (4-5 on Digital Songs; 211,000, down 1%) and streaming (9-10 on Streaming Songs; 3.3 million, down less than 1%).

Rounding out the Hot 100's top 10, Drake's "Started From the Bottom" holds at No. 6; will.i.am and Britney Spears' No. 3-peaking "Scream & Shout" descends 5-7; Justin Timberlake's No. 4 hit "Suit & Tie," featuring Jay-Z, is static at No. 8 (and passes 1 million (1.1 million) in sales to date); Mars' former six-week No. 1 "Locked Out of Heaven" stays at No. 9; and Swedish House Mafia's "Don't You Worry Child," featuring John Martin, returns to the top 10 (12-10) after rising to No. 6 last month.

Just outside the Hot 100's top tier, Demi Lovato's "Heart Attack" blasts in as the top debut at No. 12, spurred by first-week sales of 215,000, as it launches at No. 4 on Digital Songs. The sum is the second-best this year for a song in its first week of release, trailing only Timberlake's "Suit," which arrived with 315,000 (Feb. 2). The lead single from her forthcoming fourth album also starts at No. 70 on Radio Songs (15 million) and just below Streaming Songs (953,000, which includes plays of the song's audio and lyric videos).

Bauer slipping

Demi enters at #12

She has new management now, so hopefully she can pick up the pieces in time for Glassheart's US release.

It'd be truly bizarre if her third album comes out in the States at the same time as her fourth album drops in Europe though :-\

Wait.

Is the release of Glassheart still on in the US? I was under the impression that they were washing their hands of the whole mess and simply moving on to #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom