• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

IC Fey working to earn that favorite newcomer award.

iboyJrJ8MEK8RS.gif

effe

Banned
bye the only thing you deserve is the anorexic things in your avatar being allowed a visit to kelly clarkson's pantry
i love u crumpet

let's not forgeT moulels and pstina vitaguilera tbh
I wasn't dragging you, honey. I'm all for you winning. Sit down, nobody is here to argue over [f u c k i n g] internet awards.

AuntVivSnap.gif

bye the only thing you deserve is the anorexic things in your avatar being allowed a visit to kelly clarkson's pantry
i love u crumpet

let's not forgeT moulels and pstina vitaguilera tbh

You got my vote despite your referencing of the least active Kelly stan in the thread.

effe also got my vote.
In other categories.

bhuHH.gif

Fey

Banned
{E X T I N C T}. you were just coming for my [j u g u l a r]. you're free to stop flip flopping and walk back to the end of the line.

ibuGqAr31K2AkO.gif

Fey is iconic, Effe is just bitter
Vote Fey

okay. idk who that is but i'm all for those [d e s e r v i n g] to win an award.

I wasn't dragging you, honey. I'm all for you winning. Sit down, nobody is here to argue over [f u c k i n g] internet awards.

your posts speak for themselves

you come at me,
i will come at you

itPX1HU5TgVuo.jpg

i have to go to sleep let's continue this later *.*

effe

Banned
I don't even know what you're trying to say at this point. [s i m p l y] take a seat. you're free to begin typing once you've organized something coherent to say.

tumblr_m06d0x5ne61qd4rxio1_500.gif

Nemesis_

...wut is going on in here?

iCYXOFINKI440.gif

THE FIRST EVER POPGAF COMMUNITY AWARDS WILL BE HELD SOON.

The awards seek to reward not those who give us the music, but the community itself. We are currently in the nominations wave. This means you must nominate for each category with multiple subjects in order to narrow down the pool.

Nominate for the POPGAF COMMUNITY AWARDS today

READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS

Nominations will be running until March 31st, 2013 so you have plenty of time to fill out the form. If there are not enough responses I will be extending the deadline though I'm sure this is long enough

And no I won't be leaking anything.

Contracts are being written up as we speak to secure an illustrious host for the ceremony.

iruRwYqFYxO7p.gif

*Name of the Ceremony, Order of the Awards etc. will be finalised in the coming weeks.

I have a major exam towards the end of March so this is why the deadline is so far out

:3

Nemesis_

What is going on my dear is a demonstration on how I am able to turn a simple thing into a mess by quick manipulation and bait

Vote Marius_ 4 the Impact and Iconography Award, thank you and good night
ibdI45f08pvs7Z.gif

I know, the only time Marius stans something is when she has an ulterior motive.

It's a shame the newcomers don't understand the nuance of his behaviour yeT.

iKfsGWUhn4Sd3.gif

NICE TRY THO

iB7m1HuUyik1L.gif

quoting yourself rn? ha. simply bow to the e f f e c t s of my [i c o n i c] impact.

girl, people are only 'using' you right now because there is a musical drought. you are a fad, and not even a persistent, thread-clinging one like Arte, but one that will be quickly forgotten. you are the popgaf equivalent of a POG and somehow less interesting. this session has now ended. goodbye.

effe

Banned
girl, people are only 'using' you right now because there is a musical drought. you are a fad, and not even a persistent, thread-clinging one like Arte, but one that will be quickly forgotten. you are the popgaf equivalent of a POG and somehow less interesting. this session has now ended. goodbye.
[s i m p l y] clockedT. i like you too much to drag you tbh.

Bladenic

I honestly remember Arte debuting much better than effe tbh. I don't think Arte showed his true colors until later. Effe is just unapologetic. His impact.

And not the two biggest Munsters in the thread fighting. OT5 has been the messiest yet tbh.

Satch

Banned
"i like you too much to drag you" is effe-speak for "i dont know how to respond so im just going to say something positive about you and bail out"

effe

Banned
"i like you too much to drag you" is effe-speak for "i dont know how to respond so im just going to say something positive about you and bail out"
i like you too much to drag you so I'm not going to say anything. what about your dunken stanning? did the [s t r a w b e r r y d a i q u i r i] scramble your brain cells?

Trigger

Finish ha

E3qkW9J.gif

What kind of Kyon channeling

Icicle

You flops are too much. I have been accused of lacking a sense of humor by multiple individuals here, an assessment I don't agree with in the least, but I'll go along with your theory for the moment.

My entire post about Ciara's "Body Work" was played very straight. I provided some facts interspersed with some cautiously optimistic opinions about the song doing well for her, and encouraged others to request the song.

The only part of my post that broke from the consistent tone, message, and diction of my post was this sentence.
Rihanus may finally be on ha way out!

I thought it was very obvious that this wasn't at all serious. First of all, it's a complete non sequitur. Rihanna has nothing to do with the rest of the message, nor does the song involve her or anything like that. The use of stan language in that sentence while the rest of the post was in English further accentuated its deliberate nature. Finally, my post is quite grounded in the reality of Ciara's struggling career, and references this fact several times. It should be pretty telling that the person who is having to ask others to request "Body Party" would write that Ciara is about to dethrone Rihanna and mean it?

iLHOuZudWCO8x.gif

Dumb people are so damn funny

The reaching the C-Squids do these days. Your fave should first be concerned over surpassing the likes of Kelly Rowland and Keri Hilson before even coming 1000 miles near Rihanna and her countless hits.

This is JUST like the time you swore Brandi was gonna slay.
lmfao.gif

The only party that's gonna be happeninG is backstage at the Diamonds World Tour for its numerous sold out arenas AND STADIUMS (has C-Error ever even BEEN to a stadium, much less perform in one!?!?!??!!).
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif

Kiii at this clock

Rih's first week sales of Unapologetic outsold the lifetime sales of Fantasy Ride and Basic Instinct.
lmfao.gif

Like, our fave's first week was better than a whole era from his fave
lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif

Bye

Of course, it WOULD be two people who have vocalized their opinion that I lack a sense of humor (take everything very seriously and am overly invested in stanning) that somehow miss the mountain of evidence that would clue them in to the fact that I was being facetious.

Clearly you missed it, but this is significant because in in choosing to respond to what I wouldn't even qualify as "Baby's First Shade" and going on an all-out attack in response, you've shown yourselves to be exactly the type of person you have tried to portray me as. One mention of the /possibility/ of Rihanna being dethroned was enough to set both of you off. I'm not sure there could be a more clear-cut example of being alarmingly serious/militant. Your faves aren't infallible goddesses (even if we sometimes throw that word around), it's perfectly okay to acknowledge their shortcomings/flops/flaws and learn to appreciate the humor in them (also a great life skill to be able to do this with yourself).

ibbsfj8bbcnNup.gif

Well, I gave it a shot.. No flaws detected tho. Do you need help all listing of yours?

As far as being overly invested, your responses are both quite revealing. ITZ, you establish a hierarchy of black pop girls that puts Ciara at the bottom in order to put Rihanna on top. You reiterate this point by referencing the disparity between their venues for shows, and also make reference to Brandy, totally unrelated from what's been going on so far, just for the sake of relishing in the fact that I like her and she didn't light up the charts. Going off on unrelated tangents that are pertinent to the person you're attacking, insofar as "totally impertinent except for the fact that I'm hoping to anger you, as you did me" speaks volumes about the your personal investment in these forum posts.

DMJ's post has some interesting stuff going on too. Given the circumstances, whereby your initial response was much more tame, once ITZ posted his own response, you suddenly had a lot more to say, and the tone of your second post was completely different. In your first response, you mentioned that Rihanna and Ciara can and have coexist(ed) in the industry, and that you like the song. Although I'm not sure how or why, ITZ's post seems to have resonated with you in a way that you wanted to keep his "read" going. You throw out a few facts that I suppose are intended to upset or anger me, due to how pathetic Ciara looks when sized up against Rihanna. I get the feeling that you're just somebody who finds enjoyment in being mean and causing pain to other people. So when ITZ was supremely offended by my post, you decided you would be be too so that you could knock one of my faves down a few pegs and hopefully hurt me a bit in the process, but I'm not the person you have me figured for.

I just held up a mirror, ya'll did the rest.

iJ49KjnLQsF0O.gif

If this post is a mess, it's because I've been up for 72+ hours now. Mess meaning things like subject-verb agreement, misc. grammar, sentences that make sense, etc., not at all pertaining to the intent of/reason for my post, which I'm pretty sure I managed to convey. I may do some minor touch ups/rewriting the next time I have a chance. I hope you guys appreciate all the posts/essays you've gotten in the past few days, because it's never happening again!!!

Icicle

Icicle sis go and get a job and some sleep.

...also didn't you post this earlier

no
yes
noyes

(accidentally hit post instead of preview, edited it right away though. not sure if there's a delay me editing and everyone else seeing the update)

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bye icicle, you weren't joking. You can try it, but you know the tragic reality is that you are all too serious. You are the one that's been up for three days and is spending times writing five-paragraph essays about the internet. But I'm the one taking it seriously? Bitch bye. Clearly the fact that you've been up for so long is making you delusional (more so than you naturally are), and is hampering the tiny bit of judgment you usually exercise. The difference in tone between my first and second posts was because your post was ridiculously hilarious and I needed to get my kiis out.

Anyway, I'm not trying to waste my valuable time continuing this discourse since you are simply not worth it. You're all bark and no bite, and quite simply, I feel sorry for you. It seems this is all that you have in life. Stanning for basic bitches, and coming for anyone who comes for those you like.

Poor thing. You're so angry. Might I suggest you take a nice long sleep and evaluate where you went wrong in life. I'd try starting at your conception. Clearly something went wrong there. Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom